Author Topic: Rules updates and new crafting!  (Read 2960 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Rules updates and new crafting!
« on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:56 am »
Here we are with some juicy news!

• Mining, harvesting and fishing now produce variable quality items. This means you can find better ore, plants, ingredients, and fishes. The minimum quality is anyway capped at 50, max quality at 300.
  • It's now "simpler" to find better random loot, we have revised the loot generator chances and formulas. Nonetheless, finding rare loot is still hard.
  • It's now possible to see the random loot item rarity ! In the description window of the item, you will see the "Rarity" info at the end. Rarity is expressed in words (example: extremely rare) and also by a percentage number, which expresses the chance to find such an item (after the standard item is found). Let us know which rare weapons you have, will be good to see who has the rarest!
  • Gem enchanting quests and books are available to players! First you need to be an apprentice in one of the ways, then you need to find the new quests dedicated to gem enchanting. There are two quests, each dedicated to 3 Ways.

Enjoy!

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rules updates and new crafting!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:16 am »
A more interesting approach to harvesting jobs, the long awaited improved loot chances and yet another craft. Neat! (Or, it will be after the ususal bugs are ironed out.  ;) )
Giving the percentage of looting chance is of course rather ooc, but it is a good debug information.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:19 am »
Giving the percentage of looting chance is of course rather ooc, but it is a good debug information.
Mhm, any stats shown in the user interface are OoC information in some sense. But I think it is very helpful and needed to display more information about items, even though the rarity is maybe not that important. I hope those identification spells will arrive one day that will give you a clear description of an items buffs. Especially as we now have many more names of enchanted items and not much knowledge about the resulting magic resistances. There are also numerous random names that have other effects than stat boosters and that are almost impossible to identify by players.

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 05:01:46 pm »
I have an item that has a -4.3292038% rarity, I think it might be a bug. It is an 18 high stack of "common luminous lesser pile of dust". Yes that number is negative.
Just thought I should mention it somewhere.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »
This is great, but please solve the stacking problem, since harvested / mined materials now have random quality and they don't stack in the inventory. At least provide some trigger command to switch stacking of mixed quality on and off. Otherwise it's a serious usability regression.

Mixo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:31 pm »
Masterwork Knife of Seduction - Rarity 0.0009% - Almost Unique.  :)

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »
Mixo: >.< THat ain't fair.  I want the precious.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 12:16:21 am »
So if you are leveled higher in mining, harvesting and fishing you will gain higher quality raw materials, Yeah?
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

koori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:32:09 am »
I got myself an Icy Trigrain-Steel SS, "almost unique (0.0004%)" that I will probably keep rather than selling it... No idea what "trigrain-steel" does yet, though.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:21 am »
Trigrain steel (the "Alchemist Alloy") is a very elaborate alloy, only producable by very experienced smiths. Hard to melt, hard to mould. Named after the alchemist Trigrain who discovered the optimal relations with Lumium and Ulbernaut blood. (So far the Settings; the technical implementation of specific attributes is not certain.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:16:51 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:12 am »
I think the alloy was produce by Tigrain, and the references to Trigrain are a typo. Gardr's rare metals quest, I think.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 12:39:07 am »
Settings changed over time. It used to be tri-grain, signifying some kind of structure of the metal (possibly). Later it was changed to a name of the inventor. Some other obscure metals exit as well, which aren't even craftable yet, but items from them can be looted.

koori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 07:33:23 am »
Ladies and gents, behold the rarest, most beautiful and most useless weapon of all time! Are you a warrior that wants to be seen with a flamboyant, precious and sharp-looking weapon, but who doesn't actually want to hurt anyone? This magnificent, one-of-a-kind axe is made for you!

"Razormail Amethyst-encrusted Small Battle Axe of Peace", rarity "Almost unique" (0.00005%)

I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw the name, until I remembered what kind of weapons the so-called "weapons of Peace" actually were... Oh well, still pretty useful nonetheless, and decorative as hell!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:28:26 am by koori »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:48 am »
They are the "Weapons of Compellence and Deterrence". ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 08:41:17 am »
Wow, that's a very rare one! I'm pretty sure it's unique in game at the moment. Congratulations.