Author Topic: Can't log in at all!  (Read 1010 times)

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can't log in at all!
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:23:06 pm »
For some reason I can't log in. When I put in my email and password it is fine, but when i click the server, it goes back to "your@email.here"! It doesn't say that anything is wrong! It just keeps resetting! :@#\

Someone Please help, I am new.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log in at all!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:10:07 pm »
it happened to me once, when you click on the server just fill in your email again, without retyping the password

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:47 pm »
Sadly, it didn't work. And this happens to me every time i open up the game. I also made sure i had the right patch and i repaired it twice! Still no diff. I hope i dont have to reinstall...

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:18 am »
This sounds like there are issues writing your configuration data. When you click the server, the defaults are read from the still unaltered file.

If you have Windows Vista/7/8 (you didn't report any details, sadly): Try to run psclient.exe "as Administrator" once.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:36:31 am »
Oh, sorry. I have a dell windows xp home edition, 32 bit. It isn't the best computer. :sweatdrop: i'll try that anyway when i get back from work, if i know how...

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »
Turns out that i am 'As Administrator." So, this problem isn't solved sadly... Any other ideas?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:57:28 am »
I still wonder what you are doing... There is only one game server, so there is probably no need to click that list entry at all, it is selected anyway. Enter email and password, try to log in: If I understood well, this part is working? So after you logged in, selected a character and entered the world, quit the game: This should update your configuration file in a way that email and password-hash (if remembering is enabled) are stored and should appear again when logging in next time.

Open the directory %APPDATA%\PlaneShift and check the last modification date of your planeshift.cfg: Was it currently updated while quitting PlaneShift?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:17 pm »
My computer isn't too big so maybe an okay button or something is offscreen. I was at first, "choosing my server," by clicking laanx. I thought that i put in the email then password and click the server to log in, but when you put it that way, i guess that i need to lower the screen size or something. :sweatdrop: sorry, i guess i am going to try it once i get the chance...
 :oops:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58:20 am »
Yes, there is a "Login" button at the bottom of the login screen.

You should probably disable "Fullscreen" in the launcher and select a window resolution which is slightly smaller than your desktop resolution.

There was also a bug for very high resolutions (close to FullHD) which shifted the window content downwards so some part of the bottom (with the buttons) may have been missing. But that should have been fixed already. And you would have noticed that your mouse clicks are off, if that was your problem too.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Coolerz6199

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 03:33:18 pm »
Oh.... WOW There was a LOT cut off. ;D And i did experience my mouse being "strange."
I just thought that it was a glitch. I literally only saw half of the picture you showed me! So sorry everyone. My problem is fixed! \\o//