Author Topic: Launcher won't continue  (Read 1036 times)

GlassStrings

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Launcher won't continue
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:49:43 am »
The game launcher will work without any crashes, but for some reason it won't allow me to click any of the buttons in the launcher (the initial on being the updater).

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Launcher won't continue
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:47:46 am »
Your operating system?
Your installed version?
Your desktop resolution?
Your graphic chipset?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:01:12 am »
You might want to try and click around a bit on the updater window. (Close but Not on the buttons) I had experienced mouse cursor hotspot being off until the updater first updated itself.

GlassStrings

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:07:53 am »
I did eventually get the update to work, but since then when I manage to hit play I get a dark screen and can't do anything from there.
Windows 7 Ultimate
I downloaded the Windows 32 bit Mirror host Redlem, client version 0.5.9.7, launcher version 3.04
Screen Res is 1024x768
Intel(R) 82852/82855 Graphics Controller

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:05 am »
This might sound a bit simple but when the game is launched there is indeed a black screen, and is replaced with the splash screen and loading bar of arcane chrysalis. Did you leave the black screen alone for a couple of minutes or killed the program right away? There could be several reasons it just takes a bit longer to load on your system.

GlassStrings

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »
I did wait for it to load a while but after a few minutes it stopped responding. I'm getting the warning message that says "PlaneShift requires hardware acceleration (OpenGL). Make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date."
So I guess I need to give in an update my video card drivers..

GlassStrings

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:45 pm »
Also, any help with driver installation recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm not as tech savvy as I would like to be..I mentioned my current graphics chipset above, and I don't think I mentioned that the computer is a laptop if it matters.

Ziggyzag

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »
You will need to install the game in a new directory before uninstalling the old one (NOTE Do not uninstall the old one just delete the old directory!!)The game should run fine

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 04:35:17 am »
Uh-oh. That graphic chipset of yours is bad news. It is so old that Intel doesn't even offer a Windows 7 driver. You could try the WinXP drivers, but they are from 2006. I doubt they will support the functions the game needs.

Alternatively, turn your laptop upside down and find the product number to search for better drivers at the manufacturer's site of your computer.

This tip seems to help many people with Intel  graphic chips.

I hope that one of the real experts has maybe a more useful hint.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:20:25 am by Minks »