Author Topic: Sony Vaio graphics help  (Read 672 times)

jade griffon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Sony Vaio graphics help
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:39 pm »
Ok,its not superbad,and in game seems fine so far...but char.creation is nasty,lots of clicking to actually get the page to show correctly,missing options that only show up when you click next and overlaying of text by more and more text.

Anyone else managed too get around this,I can live with it,but I like too take my time making my chars :)

Sony Vaio,intel core 2 duo p8400 2.26 ghz,3 gb ram...yeah I know its not ideal,but its all I have :)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sony Vaio graphics help
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:25:07 am »
A screenshot of the results may help.

And a technical analysis of the used graphic chipset.

"Sony Vaio" doesn't tell anything, there will be thousands of computer models with different graphic chips having that brand.

If you are using Windows, HWiNFO[32|64] may help you reporting useful facts about your hardware.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

jade griffon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:56:38 am »
Im doomed! :P,Intel gm45/47 integrated graphics 0 256k....oh well....seems to be tolerable in game though,just wish i could tweak the char more at creation...hmmm...the random bit may make for some good background though :)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:17:09 am »
GM45 = GMA 4500MHD ... well, yes, the speed and features may be sufficient. Just the correctness of the OpenGL implementation in their drivers may be questionable. Means: Applications cannot rely on executing an OpenGL function regardless of the graphic card, they may have to know that some chipsets specifically need workarounds because their drivers don't create the results to be expected from the called OpenGL function.

Regarding the character creation: Well, yes, the positioning and font scaling in their dialogs is not always fortunate. You can do a quite elaborate character creation if you like to have some more or less interesting childhood events in your character description; but to be true, it doesn't matter much, you could as well select one of the quick paths and train all your preferred skills — there's not much difference if from level 0 or from level 5 to a maximum of 200. The stats and skills boni are rather marginal (except for characters built on cheat charts ... which is not recommended, of course).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty