Author Topic: Describe a scene in 4 sentences or less - native or english  (Read 1400 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Describe a scene in 4 sentences or less - native or english
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 07:06:26 pm »
Eyes closed, sweet face both serene and radiant; her lips quiver slightly reciting words of love still dear. A warm breeze careens and caresses through the leaves brushing them aside making the sound of many waves, the waves that carry him home. Hands at her heart remembering sweet days gone past, the wind is her messenger singing sweet whispers as it brings him home to her. She waits for him.

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 10:45:21 pm »
She sits in her room, the ocean across the way, the shining lights of the cell towers sparkled against the water in the bay, making the sea look like it is filled with stars all faintly glowing. She sits inside, ignoring all the beauty of the outside world, the shades rolled down, her mind racing like tiny little hamsters are running circles in her brain, trying to help her come up with the longest run on sentences in the world; she wonders if semi-colons count as real sentences, if they do, they will allow her to run on almost infinitely, going deeper and deeper into madness as she desperately tries to write the best sentences though she fears she has already been shown up by some of the other expert writers on the forum. If they do not, than this would be her last sentience, her doom, her last thought before being cut off by the ridged confines of the forum game, forever locked in the turmoil that is the end of a sentience; No! she thinks, those semicolons can keep me alive through this; but alas, they can not, for her impulsive use of an exclamation point hath condemned her four sentences, and put her out of the race once and for all. Darn.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:32 pm »
 ;D good one.

Ebonwumon

• Hydlaa Resident
  • lol b&
    • View Profile
    • DEPOT WAREHOUSE!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:48 pm »
There was a hill. A grassy hill. All the grass on the hill was green except for the dirt, which wasn't grass; that was brown. The sky was blue.

I am most certainly NOT the one known as Perriwinkle or Overtherainbow

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:12:58 am »
*places a red ball on the hill just for the sake of putting a different color into play*

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »
*Kicks the ball because its fun.*

Rhateru

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 05:14:10 pm »
The scene was wholly nondescript.

Ebonwumon

• Hydlaa Resident
  • lol b&
    • View Profile
    • DEPOT WAREHOUSE!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:28 pm »
I personally found it quite stirring. It stirred in me emotions of a hill.

I am most certainly NOT the one known as Perriwinkle or Overtherainbow

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 01:23:27 am »
Yellow blue and purple hills.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 06:35:01 am »
* Moja Aere clearly sees Boni's Mueffel Bueffel running over Ebonwumon's hill... and... oh, nice he stopped... oh: some more new dirt, now, down there...

anyway, another one (post and, perhaps, hill):

A so small crowd gathered, coiled around a campfire: scraps placed in a circle by a very meticulous wind, a sitting cat's tail. Variously and differently aged and gendered voices, tales and stories, turns and overlaps, tones and intonations, eyes and ears. The scent of cut wood, of burning wood wanders through the golden fire's light, through the pale moon's shade. Shy habitations and dens scattered around, multi-fingered and multi-arms trees, noises and rustles, stunted paths sketched by everyday steps of different beasts.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 03:24:35 pm »
Ok, at least I am not the only one that thought that the hill would somehow get some "new dirt" on it. :whistling:

A night time campfire. Nice. I could do that in game if I could ever get enough tag alongs.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »
Nice game, this..
I have tried a couple of times to include a campfire/ storytelling portion of in game events, but no luck so far.  For the Parade of Guilds we tried to have an overnight campout in Gug so folks could visit each other's fires and hear stories.. at the MagCon we didn't have takers sign up for storytelling campfires so that didn't happen.. YET!
I think getting some of the oldbies in game to tell lore stories would be great continuity... somehow I can hear Yahh telling his tales about 'growing old' in the guild... anyway I am  :offtopic:  sorry.
Good concise, atmospheric writing, you guys! way to go.
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 07:18:42 pm »
:D I want to go camping with illy!

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 02:36:57 am »
She sits alone, a speck in the massive cave, black like the darkness, save for her tattoos, which are purple like the rocks. Humming softly she tries to invoke Dakkru's presence, but there is only dimness and cold and the jagged stone that feels like it's sapping the heat from her very bones. Memories of passers-through chase through her mind but she ignores them, focusing on the illusion of safety this big, empty space offers - and then the drip of water catches her attention. Steady like a beat to her song, it feels eternal, more solid than diamond despite its liquid form, and she's found herself the company she sought.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 03:06:25 am »
nice :)