Author Topic: GUI problem?  (Read 840 times)

Akei

• Traveller
    • View Profile
GUI problem?
« on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:34 am »
Here is the thing.
I started the game (windows version) without any pb and played for only a minute until the games crashed... well nothing special so far.
But I couldn't enter the game anymore. I can log in, I can select my char but the loading bar stops at "loading GUI". The "PS has crashed" window opens in the background.
I reinstalled the game; no changes. Drivers are ok.
Funny thing is that if I create another character, no problems at all... Try to reconnect with my main character? Crash...
So I'm somewhere on Oja road 2 I think. I have no idea if moving my character somewhere else would fix the pb or if it's even possible by devs/GM. I can delete and recreate the same character (as he's got no high skills yet) but I want to be sure it will not happen again if I move to the same place.
Anyway, what do you think I should do?
Thx :)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: GUI problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:29:29 am »
I have no idea if moving my character somewhere else would fix the pb or if it's even possible by devs/GM. [...]
Anyway, what do you think I should do?
I have heard of similar problems a few times during the last years, so it happens rarely and is typically fixed by resetting the characters position. Be sure to specify your characters first name here or try to contact a gm on IRC (#planeshift-gmtalk on freenode).

Akei

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: GUI problem?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:47 am »
Oh yeah I indeed forgot to indicate the character name : Akei Psylian
Thx for the quick reply :thumbup: