Author Topic: Guild Tags - IC or OOC?  (Read 186 times)

Aneth

• Wayfarer
  • Revived Veteran
    • View Profile
Guild Tags - IC or OOC?
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:58:16 am »
Hey there everyone. I'm an old player starting a brand new account and character. I'm enjoying the "new" Planeshift and the strong emphasis on RP.

I am just curious about the general consensus regarding guild tags. Are they considered IC or OOC?
Currently: Aneth Lyria

Formerly: Aradia Demeter, Master Thief of The Thieves of Yliakum

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Tags - IC or OOC?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:20:26 am »
Welcome back! :)
Many consider the tag OOC (just like the char's name) but many use to wear a badge (see the char's description) to show their belonging to the guild.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:33:33 pm »
Welcome back! :flowers:

You can configure your client to show or hide guild tags. Also there are "secret guilds" which hide their tag on their own.

"Looking at" a character and reading their description will probably reveal if their guild membership is obvious. Unfortunately, there are also several "tl;dr" descriptions which contain a lot more than one would see at just a first glance...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »
That's a good question! Generally, I take it ooc and rely on people adding a badge or similar to their description. I understand very well though if the tag is used as badge.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »

With those who currently RP, it's safest to assume strict adherence to ic/occ separation.  Name tags, guild tags, ooc descriptions and things in the IC description that your character could not possibly pick up on are all generally expected to be treated as ooc info.

BTW. Welcome back!