Author Topic: Sheathing a bow  (Read 322 times)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Sheathing a bow
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:01 am »
It seems to me that unless one is carrying arrows in one's hand at the same time as carrying a bow that the weapon is not notched and ready to be used.

Each time my character passes the Hydlaa gates with a bow in hand they tell me to "Sheath your weapon." Well first off you do not sheath a bow. Second what would you do with a bow if not carry it in your hand or over your back? 

It is my wish that the guards either ask me to put my bow away and not ask me to sheath it or not say anything if arrows are not being held, ie the bow is not armed and ready to be used as a weapon.

Small thing, yet brought to my attention each time entering or leaving the city.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sheathing a bow
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:20 am »
I believe that mages would have to sheath their staffs as well, they are considered weapons too. Not sure about that, I don't have any, but I witnessed an NPC guard yelling once at a passing mage, probably months ago.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Taya

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »
Yes, I used to get the guards shouting at me for carrying a negation staff all the time. I always felt it shouldn't be triggered by a magic staff, or a regular staff either, as sheathing them isn't really possible. I don't know if there have been any changes since though.

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:56 pm »
Oddly I've never been asked to sheath my fists...

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »
NPC Guard: CITIZEN, SHEATH THY TONGUE!
Wizard: But... but but...

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:38 pm »
I once had someone RPing a guard tell me that "the council has decreed that weapons cannot be carried within the city walls" and that I must sheath my staff.

In Gandolf-esque fashion I snarkily asked "And where does 'the council' suggest I store my walking stick while passing through the city?"

He just walked away.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 05:06:53 am »
I once had someone RPing a guard tell me that "the council has decreed that weapons cannot be carried within the city walls" and that I must sheath my staff.

In Gandolf-esque fashion I snarkily asked "And where does 'the council' suggest I store my walking stick while passing through the city?"

He just walked away.

;D  :thumbup:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 05:26:30 am »
If you watch Ylian men walking, you know where their walking sticks are ... :whistling:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:23:45 am »
If you watch Ylian men walking, you know where their walking sticks are ... :whistling:

That's the reason I choose dwarf and Ynnwn. ;D Male dermorians aren't much better than the ylians, but got to love watching female nolthrir walk.  ;)