Author Topic: Recent Ranged Mods (bows)  (Read 279 times)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Recent Ranged Mods (bows)
« on: July 03, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »
It appears that the range for my character has been seriously cut back. Can one expect that to increase as skill in range increases? She has 73 in range now which is not exactly a beginner.

As it is now it is not much better than her range in CW. At least Summon Missile does not cost an arm and a leg for arrows. Magic wins again?

This has taken all the thrill of the hunt out of range and one may as well be standing toe to toe with a sword. :(

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Ranged Mods (bows)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 03:07:36 am »
Noticed this as well. Energy arrow now is about the same range as Ranged, though I'm admittedly much higher in CW than Ranged.  :(
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:13:35 am »
This topic made me curious, so I had a quick bow test. My ranged rank does not differ much from nova's, but the range limit was quite superior to that of energy arrow. (Aiming at a training dummy from a second nearest neighbor arena pit.) Maybe the range depends on the size of the bow? Mine was medium size (enki with some prefix).

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:23:21 pm »
A Masterwork Dermorian Shortbow with no damage on it was in use Boni. Let me try something more powerful and will let ya'll know the results.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »
Just went to storage to get something better and it seems to have been cleaned out of all but short bows!

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 07:39:29 am »
Right, I did not even notice. Probably the introduction of bow making resulted in looted bows being renamed to shortbows. Yet, I have no clue why your range is much shorter with only ~10 ranks difference to Boni's skill. For a few looted shortbows, i did not observe any difference in range, as expected.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 11:39:56 am »
Right, I did not even notice. Probably the introduction of bow making resulted in looted bows being renamed to shortbows. Yet, I have no clue why your range is much shorter with only ~10 ranks difference to Boni's skill. For a few looted shortbows, i did not observe any difference in range, as expected.

Thanks for the observations, Boni. Will try to get some training in and let you all know if that helps.

- Nova