Author Topic: First Yliakum Economic Council  (Read 519 times)

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
First Yliakum Economic Council
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:35 am »
Open invitation
To the first Yliakum Economic Council

Long enough have we hard working people endured an ever fluctuating value of the tria. It is time that we put an end to unjust market fluctuations and introduce a sound and stable currency, one approved and controlled by the people, not one set by an evening's game of dice in the Octarchs' dining rooms.

Under chairmanship of her Highness Lady Donari Tyndale, Empress Regnant of the Dark Empire, we cordially invite you to participate in the first Yliakum Economic Council to discuss and evaluate the possibilities and problems faced by a public currency.

The current proposal shall be as such:
  • A central currency authority shall be established to control and issue a currency.
  • The central authority shall be supervised by a council of both guilds and individuals.
  • The currency shall have variable exchange rates, set by the central authority, versus various goods and tria in order to assure market flexibility.
  • The fundamental value of the currency shall be a certain period of work done by an unskilled labourer, such as originally sought for the tria.
  • The central authority shall collect and retain, in exchange for currency, a necessary amount of valuables in order to back the value of the currency from members of the council.

The Yliakum Economic Council shall first gather after this week's market at [17:00 UTC, Saturday 11.7] in the Hydlaa plaza.

bilbous

Re: First Yliakum Economic Council
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:55:13 pm »
Open Letter to the Yliakum Economic Council

The Tyndale family name is not one associated with financial probity. Was not the family company, "The Tyndale Trading Company" shut down by order of the Octarch, for the crime of counterfeiting? How can prospective investors be sure this is not just another fraud? If the tyndale family does not make whole those investments lost due to the wretched nephew's perfidy should we not take the Tyndales, and the "Empire" they lead to task?

I, for one, will not support this effort unless the family buys back my 2% share of the Tyndale Trading Company for 4000 circles. 2000 cash and 2000 in the new currency.

Bilbous of Gugrontid.

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »
* Donari Tyndale posts a letter of reply.

My dignity is beyond that of blackmail, you have been offered fair compensation but sought to refuse. The Empire merely seeks to initiate dialogue, not take control of any currency. Should you wish to help in assuring impartiality of the council, you are urged to participate.
~Donari Tyndale.

Prolix

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:00 pm »
The Council of Octarchal Advisors: Committee Three (COACT) shall endeavor to attend the meetings in order to ensure that all Octarchal perquisites are respected. At this juncture we cannot see how this can possibly be legal. Has the Octarch granted license for this activity? We shall be pleased to examine the documents. Nothing can occur without Octarchal approval.

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »
The issuance of alternative currencies has always been a right of citizens. The tria however are the sole right of the Octarchy to issue.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:09:44 pm »
From the quill of Jocas DeFaye
Lord of the House DeFaye
Amdeneir, at 24 of Treman

On behalf of the House DeFaye,

I, Jocas DeFaye II, shall attend to the First Yliakum Economic Council, representing the
House DeFaye and hope for the success of such a meeting. If need be, the House shall
weigh in in this kind of matters, all from within the margins of legality, and considering
all the points give its judgement.

We the House desire for Lady Donari Tyndale luck in her enterprise, and hope that
the event will gather representatives from all the guilds in Hydlaa, wishing for a pacific
meeting and a satisfactory result.

Jocas DeFaye

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:44:17 am »
I think that's a good idea, I'll come to see more.

Adash

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:13 am »
Oh, I get it! You all are forum role-playing.  Almost got me there!

The idea seems plausible but as of right now I don't really see a problem with the economy (tria system) when buying and selling items.

Please enlighten me with some concrete examples.........

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:01 pm »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:07 pm »
( This could be a lot of fun.  I would definitely check it out if I had time to play. Unfortunately, real life has me bound for the time being. Good luck with this!)

Llion Ooh

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:12 am »

"hope that the event will gather representatives from all the guilds in Hydlaa"

{{
That would definately be interesting... seeing others that have not been around in a long while... hopefully they are just taking a very deep sleep... Wake(boot) UP!...

Yea, like most I too am tied up in Real Life... PS was fun back in the old "Blue" days and currently is not on the radar of things to do.

-Just posting to let those who know me... 'Hey, I'm (still!?!?) alive.'
}}

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »
* Donari Tyndale pins a document next to the forge.

We,

Donari Tyndale, in the name of the Dark Empire
Gemal Rajstopy
Shkirr, in the name of The Family,
Taya Torijan, for the Ojaveda Postal Service
Neraden Elavere
Weeds
Jocas DeFaye II, in the name of the House DeFaye
Benorin Heporan

hereby found the Yliakum Economic Council.

Each of the signatories shall have one vote.
New signatories may be accepted, for guilds if they have more than ten members declared, for individuals until they match the number of guilds, in total a minimum of ten signatories that speak for themselves.

Each signatory receives a seat on the council, the signatories for guilds will receive a seat whose occupancy shall be determined by the guild alone, the signatories for the public shall hold their seat for a year, then the council shall vote on replacing that seat.

If the council agrees to replace the seat, members of the public may apply to fill, and the council then determines who succeeds to the seat.

A seat of the public is chosen at random. This seat shall be filled by public ballot in which every citizen of Yliakum may cast their vote.

[Each of the names carries a signature behind it]

Below the document, she pins a note.

The first voting meeting of the Yliakum Economic Council shall be held in six weeks time [One RL week. Saturday 19.7, 17:00 GMT],  parties willing to cosign the founding constitution please seek me to sign the original. We accept both guilds and individuals on the council. The next meeting shall address the issue of currency issuing and valuation by the council.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:47:35 pm »
[This is excellent.  :thumbup: So glad to see a semblance of a player-driven economy starting to crop up.]
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.