Author Topic: New recipe - Piezza  (Read 987 times)

Licina

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
New recipe - Piezza
« on: August 05, 2014, 03:32:58 am »
I have an idea for a new recipe in PS. It is a piezza (pronounced pie-tzah), which is the PlaneShift equivalent of a pizza. Why? Because: 1) It could add a new quest (to get the recipe), 2) it could add another food item and ingredient (the piezza and a seasoning used instead of tomato sauce) and 3) piezza is a whole meal and easy to take with you when travelling, a kind of food there isn't much yet. I came up with the idea while baking pies. I wondered about a hearty kind of pie, with vegetables. Kind of like pizza! Together with Eymma I started to work out the ingredients (what would be used instead of tomato sauce?) and I thought of a name (piezza is a combination of pie and pizza) and which icon to use (the same as a pie, maybe a little different icon for a slice of piezza).

The recipe for piezza would be like this:
Knead Dough into Ball of Dough using Preparation Table.
Roll Ball of Dough into Rolled Dough using Preparation Table with a Rolling Pin.
Combine Piezza Sauce, Rolled Dough into 1 Spreading Piezza.
Spread Spreading Piezza into Piezza with Sauce using Preparation Table with a Spreader.
Combine Spreading Piezza, Vegetable Mix, 2 Crumbled Cheeses, Pile of Grilled Meat Cubes into Unbaked Piezza.
Bake Unbaked Piezza into Piezza using Oven
---
Optional: Cut Piezza into 8 Slice of Piezzas using Preparation Table with a Kitchen Knife
---

Recipe for Piezza Sauce:
Measure Water Filled Bucket into 28 Water Pouchs using Preparation Table with a Scoop.
Measure Piezza Seasoning* into 50 Dash of Piezza Seasonings using Preparation Table with a Scoop.
Combine Water Pouch, 2 Dash of Piezzas into Piezza Sauce Mix
Heat Piezza Sauce Mix into Piezza Sauce using Pot

Recipe for Vegetable Mix:
Cut Carrot into Sliced Carrot using Preparation Table with a Kitchen Knife
Cut Pungent Tuber into Diced Pungent Tuber using Preparation Table with a Kitchen Knife
Cut Night Mushroom into Sliced Night Mushroom using Preparation Table with a Kitchen Knife
Combine 2 Sliced Carrots, 3 Diced Pungent Tubers, 2 Sliced Night Mushrooms into  Assorted Vegetables
Mix Assorted Vegetables into Vegetable Mix using Wooden Bowl with a Wooden Spoon

* Piezza Seasoning should be added to the game, it is similar to Jomeds Seasoning, just using different spices.

The quest to get the recipe could be given by Beniua Busuka, the cook at the Eagle Bronze Doors. She also could sell the Piezza Seasoning. Maybe it is an idea to add a kitchen table, wooden bowl and oven to that room so players can make piezza during the quest?

Hoping you like my idea,
Licina
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:37:23 am by Licina »
Licina Elvana
Commander in The Lost Knights

First prize winner of the RCD Delicacy Contest with the Hearty Flat Pie

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New recipe - Piezza
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:45 am »
I'm not against the idea as a whole, but I really don't like the name.  It's just too obviously ever so slightly different than pizza but still means pizza.  "Flat pie" or something would work better in my opinion.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:02 am »
Indeed - affected camouflage names are ridiculous. Either simply take the common name (like Apple, Carrot, Saffron, Bread and Pie), or use simple workarounds (like "Pungent Tuber" for possibly an onion or radish).

There are english simple terms for the base, "flat pie" or "flat dough-cake". For the sauce, if the Juiceberry or Threestem Fruit don't match, one may have to invent another one resembling a tomato; but I would certainly not eat a sauce only made of powders and water...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:24:44 am »
[...] but I would certainly not eat a sauce only made of powders and water...

Oh, LigH, poor ingenuous LigH...

Anyways, the idea is not bad, I mean, who wouldn't like to eat a pizza every now and then? We have night mushrooms, we have cheese, we have herbs, we have kikiri meat and normal meat, I think we even have pork (porg, in PlaneShift). We're only lacking the tomato, but I'm sure we can find something. And the pineapple. We're lacking the pineapple.

But, the name... I don't think it's fitting within PlaneShift. We could call it bread pie. And maybe make a kran version, too? Powdered coal with stibine, then knead and roll it, and top it with copper, lumium and gold shavings?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:31:13 am by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Lumi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:27:15 am »
Sound like a delicious idea Licina  :D

I am with Tman and LigH for the name tho. Yliakum has to have its own "Pizza" name, something eventually created for the game. There will be a description of the meal anyways so we will have no doubt of what it's supposed to be.

There is a book in the library, about dwarven culture, where some receipe are discribed. One of them is largely inspired from the famous "flamenkuche" (maybe the french version of the name tho). The author used a work around like it has been suggested and the meal is refered to as "Singed Pie" (not exactly original tho).

Maybe by reading a bit more on "Pizza" on wikipédia for example, we can find a work around. I've seen "Oven backed flat-bread".
You could eventually make up a name by deciding that this meal is typical of "whatever race" and use PS Wiki language to make up a name  :P

@ Mishka : We have the Fire Fruits aswell (Grok) which are supposed to be like "Bell pepper" i think..
<*> The Way of the Hammer <*>

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 05:31:47 am »
@Lumi: Jalapeños! \o/

Lumi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:36:19 am »
Lol And for the sauce.... there is a very old receipe in France called "Pissaladière", which is made without tomatoes.. The sauce spread on the bread-like dough is a mix of caramelized onions. So i bet we can find a work around just nicely ! Yum Yum  ;D

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:57 am »
Hmmm, doesn't sound bad. Then again, we have butter, we have flour, and we have milk. Bechamel pizza anyone?

Licina

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 07:41:17 am »
Wow, so many nice replies \\o//

I agree, the name is a bit too obvious. I see some good other ideas, maybe something like hearty flat-pie? Or travellers bread, since it is a kind of bread dough with lots of things on top, easy to take with you when travelling.

The sauce... That was a kind of very bad idea :oops:. I'll try to think of something better and would love to hear more of your ideas.

Then again, we have butter, we have flour, and we have milk. Bechamel pizza anyone?
Perhaps a fifth cooking book? PS pizza recipes?
Licina Elvana

Timil Deeps

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 08:18:24 am »
I like the concept a lot. Traveller's Pie/Bread sounds good for something with an easy-to-hold outer crust, like a calzone or stromboli (or pizza too).

Here are some name elements that came to mind while reading the thread:

Savory Topped Oven-Baked Flatbread Pie

heh, pizza could easily become the longest-named food in the game, depending on how descriptive and specific you want to be. xD

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:36:57 am »
I recently ate a Domino's piza with bechamel, white cheese, goat's cheese, caramelised onion. Gosh, wasn't it awesome.

I miss that pizza.

What were we talking about?

Lumi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 04:01:18 am »
I like the idea of "traveller bread"...
Could be a dermorian thing since they are culturaly nomads. Tho i looked over PS Wiki language and there are very few words for the "Gadermara".  I wonder if we could simply make up a name, something like "zinnĂ " (random). Something with a name stay a lot more in mind then "Flat-bread".
So it could become as popular as the "skooma" in some other fantasy world maybe   :P

P.S : BĂ©chamel on a pizza ? Bleeargh :3

Licina

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
Could be a dermorian thing since they are culturaly nomads.

Sounds good, I looked into Gádèrmará and maybe something like tjèn-dénerà, which means literally wind-food. Wind came closest to traveller/travelling (and don't they have a saying about living of the wind?). Could be simplified to maybe tjedera, tjen-denra or just stay tjen-denera, without the acents. Or the j changed to an i (tiedera, tien-denra, tien-denera) and maybe the without the - (tiendenra, tiendenera).

Or, as said by Lumi before, make up an etirely differnt name  ;)
Licina Elvana

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 09:50:02 am »
* Mishka is picturing a Dermorian with a Domino's Pizza hat and carrying a pizza over to guildhouses... *

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 03:49:58 pm »
Maybe the RCD should offer home delivery? Waesed pictures Mishka carrying pizza to guild houses and Harn. :woot: