Author Topic: A few Questions  (Read 3289 times)

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
A few Questions
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:10:44 am »
Hello everyone!

I just started playing yesterday and still haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing, but that's ok. I truly enjoy a game that is complex and requires that I pay attention. However, I'm having difficulties finding any type of vendor who sells clothing of some kind. Currently my character is an aspiring Klyros oneiromancer, and it'd be nice to have some sort of robe or at least something better than the loincloth I have on now!  :lol:

Is there some sort of "hotbar" for spells? It has already gotten annoying to have to open up my spellbook every time I need to cast something, mainly because the window it brings up is 3/4ths the size of the screen and makes seeing anything quite dificult.

Also, Klyros' have wings and their description says they can fly a short distance. Has this been implemented?

Finally, whenever I run the launcher it tells me there is an update available, but I don't have permissions to download it. Is this something I should worry about?

I haven't run into anyone to RP with yet, but I must've been on at an odd time or something. Hope to see some of you IG!

-Quiiliitiila
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:17:31 am by Quiiliitiila »

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: A few Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:58 am »
Hello Quiiil.... oh well...  :@#\ :@#\ :@#\
1) Unfortunately characters can't be customized much since there aren't different clothes: you can wear armours of various kind, namely light, medium and heavy and magic robes. Probably you could start wearing a light armour.

2) Right click with mouse on the diamond icon you should see in the upper left corner of your screen until you see all the available icons. Then you can click on the icon named "shortcuts" (it's appearence could vary depending on the skin you choose). From there you can set a lot of shortcuts, spells included.
Let's say you want a shortcut for "flame burst": right click on an empty slot. Choose a name for you shortcut, for example "Flame Burst" (  :P ) then insert the command:
/cast k-factor flame burst
where k-factor is a number between 0 and 100 and it's the power of the spell. 0 it's the default ( and the suggested value if you are not high skilled in the Magical Way of the spell, in this case Red Way ). k-factor is optional, thus you can simply type
/cast flame burst
Then choose a comfortable shortcut key.
When done, confirm the changes.

3) Currently Klyros can't fly

4) If you are under Windows, try right clicking the launcher icon and choose "run as administrator".

I hope this will help you and... welcome!  :D :D

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:00:29 am »
Thanks for the speedy response Jawir!

Next time I log in I'll definitely be making a shortcut for my one spell! :D Thanks a ton for the step by step.

So there are robes? How does one acquire them? Do players make them or is there a specific vendor I need to be on the lookout for?

Thanks again!
-Q

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:49:16 am »
Robes are giving by the npc in the magic way that you chose. You will need to be level 40 to get a robe. Armor can be purchased from npc's or other players. Many players will give armor to new players.

The easy way to place a spell in short-cuts is to unlock it and then drag the spell to an empty slot. You can right-click on an empty slot and enter a command, set a hot-key and even set an icon for it.

Kaerli_Stronwylle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:01 am »
Robes are acquired as rewards for devoted study of magic (i.e. through the Way Circle quests).

Another tip: not only can you bind spells to the shortcut bar, you can (and very much should) bind keyboard shortcuts to them.

EDIT: Drat, Waesed's a ninja :P

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:20 am »
Drat, Waesed's a ninja :P

A dwarf ninja! Can I get a robe that shows now? ;D

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:22:18 am »
Way circle Quests. Got'ya... Do I speak with the guy in the magic shop to start on those quests? Or is there another person I need to find?

I get it if this is FOIG info, I just haven't run into any other players IG to ask yet  ;)

Thanks again everyone!
-Q

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 01:23:14 pm »
Magic starts with the Magic Shop.

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 07:46:40 am »
So after sitting through the lecture at the Magic shop on Ways and Circles, I was told I needed to choose a way. So I chose the Dark Way (being an aspiring Onieromancer and all, it seemed natural) and he told me I needed to speak with a guy named Oriven. However there was no dialogue option asking where I could find him.

I spent around 40 minutes combing through the streets of Hydlaa (right?) looking for someone named Oriven but couldn't find him(or her). I did find a big nasty looking creature walking around in East Hydlaa, which I promptly ran from and tried to find some other players (no luck) to deal with it. It wasn't there when I returned though.

So, again. As much as I hate to ask it, where can I find this person named Oriven? I'd ask IG, but I seem to have awful luck finding other players.

Thanks!
-Q

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 08:06:01 am »
So, again. As much as I hate to ask it, where can I find this person named Oriven? I'd ask IG, but I seem to have awful luck finding other players.

Hi,

Yes, depending on the time it can be difficult to come across players in person, but you can always use the Chat channel to ask questions. Other players will then answer you. For questions on game mechanics (How to do this and that), use the Help channel.

As for the whereabouts of Oriven, he is in the Death Realm, a place you will visit soon enough. :devil:
If you are really in a hurry to meet him, just "/die".

Is your character name Quiiliitiila? I will look out for you next time I am on.

See you soon,

Gonger

bilbous

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:36 am »
Just be aware that you cannot actually get to the Death Realm unless the character has already spent 15 hours in the game.

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:26 am »
Hi,

Yes, depending on the time it can be difficult to come across players in person, but you can always use the Chat channel to ask questions. Other players will then answer you. For questions on game mechanics (How to do this and that), use the Help channel.

As for the whereabouts of Oriven, he is in the Death Realm, a place you will visit soon enough. :devil:
If you are really in a hurry to meet him, just "/die".

Is your character name Quiiliitiila? I will look out for you next time I am on.

See you soon,

Gonger

Thanks for the speedy reply! I didn't realize the chat system was a global one, I thought it was only "heard" from a certain distance. I never thought to attempt to just talk with other players though one of the channels.

I've died a few times (ok like 5 or 6 times) already, but I get a message saying Drakku(sp?) doesn't want me yet, so I guess that goes along with what Bilbous said and I need to be logged in for quite a bit longer.

My character's name is Costemogen, I've been trolling around the Laanx temple's underground dungeon area getting killed by stuff. Currently I was in the main square when I logged off.

Hope to see you all IG at some point!

-Q

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:39 am »
Just read the stuff above, I'll add some question responses to levrus so you can manually ask him "where is X".

Quiiliitiila

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:02 am »
Just read the stuff above, I'll add some question responses to levrus so you can manually ask him "where is X".
That would be incredibly helpful, thanks for taking the time to do it!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 10:05:29 am »
I added them, they will out in the next update. Which shouldn't be too far off.

It's nice when new people comment on stuff like this as it gives me ideas as to where I can try to improve things. Thanks for taking the time to ask this stuff Quiiliitiila.