Author Topic: Summer update  (Read 293534 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Summer update
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:24 am »

During summer we released a number of good updates, here is a summary. Enjoy!

Engine
  • Fixes to NPCClient to improve stability
  • Combat fixes including attack distance/timing

Rules
  • Monster stats review: we reviewed all the mobs stats to make sure their power matches the intended power scale. We found a few mobs stats were higher than intended, therefore we lowered the stats for: Tefusangling, Trepor, Trepor Warrior, Tefusang, Trepor Queen, and Marfusang.
  • Armour training: we increased the training range to improve training.
  • Four new crafts have been completed and released:
    • Brewing: You can now craft your own beverages! From beer to cider and ales to wine, select the right ingredients to match your fine meals with new kind of drinks. A dedicated crafting area has also been added to Amdeneir Tavern.
    • Jewelry Making: Yliakums smithies are now ready to teach you the fine art of Jewelry Making. Work the most precious metals and gems to create adorned wears that you will be able to enchant! The Jewels enchantment have been designed to possibly boost each skill.
    • Shield Enchanting: you can now enchant your shields. Depending on the enchantment, shields can boost one damage type (pierce, blunt or slash) but also deal damage to the attacker, if he manages to hurt you.
    • Weapon Enchanting: you can also enchant your weapons. You will be able to boost the weapons damage type (pierce, blunt, slash) and deal extra damage or special attacks.
  • The Hearty Flat Pie, recipe created by the cooking contest winner Licina, has been added to the crafting book.
  • Important Note: the smith table is no longer an auto-container. This means it needs to be activated to start the process. This change was necessary to fix a few bugs. Please note that you can use a shortcut to start the process (/use command)
  • Various bug fixes/tweaks to crafting

Settings - Quests
  • New quests have been added to support the following new crafting skills; Jewelry making, Brewing, and Enchanting weapons and shields.
  • A selection of minor bugs, mainly typos and small language adjustments have been fixed.
  • We have added a new quest feature, the 'known spell' check. This is used in some of the magic way quests.
  • A number of new settings approved guild houses have been added, these are planned to be run by players, be open all the time (after their grand opening), and will be supervised by the GMs.
  • While preparing for this update it was noticed a previously released quest (An Undead Howling) was 'inactive' this quest is now active again for players to start and/or finish.

Settings - NPCs
  • Some new NPCs have been added to support the new crafting skills.
  • Minor adjustments to knowledge areas have been made and a few more added.

Settings - Bugs fixed
  • 6810 - Fixed Ask the right question typos
  • 6811 - Fixed The Mysterious Derghir Skull inconsistencies
  • 6813 - Fixed The Arrivals Typo

Settings - Items
  • All the magic wand items have been renamed 'staff' to better represent the item they actually are.

Art
  • A minor change to the book reading window of the Legend skin.
  • New items with icons and textures for Jewelry Making.
  • New items for Brewing - Mill stone and Brewers vat.
  • New icons for fish dishes.
  • New effects and icons to support future addition of special combat moves.
  • New shields for Octarchal Guards.
  • New spell effects for creatures.
  • Changes to the sound maps for a number of the maps to adjust the sounds.

Pierrette

Re: Summer update
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 02:16:00 pm »
Excellent, good stuff  O--)

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 08:57:18 am »
I love this game, and while I don't always agree with the changes that are made or the decisions of others, it's a project that the players share in.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:15:53 pm by Talad »
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:00 am »
Good to hear about all the updates, thanks for posting!
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:23 am »
This thread makes me even more excited (if that's even possible) about rejoining PS in a week or two. I can't wait to try out all of this new stuff!

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:40:27 am »
Jewelry making.... What! There's actually a craft that has gotten my interest! From one who's rarely ever been willing to put in any time crafting anything, I'm hoping this might be... dare I say... fun? I hope the process isn't too tedious and the results worthwhile.