Author Topic: A must-have, not only for trolls  (Read 435 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
A must-have, not only for trolls
« on: September 27, 2015, 01:50:21 am »
There is an incomplete game which you as player/tester have to fix by changing the assets while the godly developers do anything but cooperate and even take almost all powers from the player. With hardly any degree of freedom, will it still be possible to create a game which is release-worthy?

No, I don't talk about PlaneShift, not even in earlier years ... I mean The Magic Circle. Hopefully without spoiling too much, you may notice that the programmers of "System Shock" are responsible for this big pile of "WTF?!?" moments. It may help if you have a little affinity to programming, but don't be afraid: There may be games where you actually rewrite code, this game doesn't go so far, you only edit entity properties with values borrowed from your enemies; but this is all you need to create amazing and mind boggling tools to act on your behalf. Similar to the Overlord, just with a Minion Construction Kit. But watch out for the developers, their eyes are in game too, and they may not care whether their intrigues may cause even more collateral damage in a game just before releasing its demo ... more or less ...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: A must-have, not only for trolls
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:11 pm »
Too indie-weird.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:41 pm »
there's something wrong on that 3D sketch... wait... 3d doomed... oh for dakkru's sake no... I can't... nonono...
*Boeven slowly drifts back into darkness*

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:59:42 pm »
I actually like this idea. Is this a real game or was it meant as a joke?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 06:31:28 am »
It may be a parody of game development. But it also gives some insight from different points of view. And it is a great inspiration for creativity ... assigning usually completely unrelated properties to an item, what would that create if it happened? What does it mean for an NPC to be allied with "The Player Character"? What if mushrooms had a hive mind?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty