Author Topic: Trainers don't train  (Read 1027 times)

NotSo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Trainers don't train
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:16:19 am »
Hi all,

I have been trying to learn a skill for some time and had some trouble understanding how to find trainers and receive their training. I got past that.
Now I have another problem - the trainers don't offer training.

I saw this page: http://planeshift.net/trainers
and decided to try my luck with leatherworking, so i visited Jeyarp Grotemey, who's supposed to teach levels 0-50. I asked him "what can you teach me" and he confirmed that he's a leatherworking trainer.
Then I selected him and wrote the train command.
The response was : "Jeyarp isn't a trainer"

I have seen similar problems with other trainers but I haven't checked which skill levels they teach, so I could've been out of their scope, I guess...

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Trainers don't train
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:04:50 am »
Well, the trainer system has been reworked, so you can only train iwth trainers the stats. For the skill, practice to level up !

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Trainers don't train
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 11:57:26 am »
Hello NotSo,

The http://planeshift.net/trainers website is not an official site and is unfortunately out of date now. The method to gain skill levels was changed so that all you need to do is perform actions associated with that skill to improve. So casting spells to train magic, fight with a sword to train sword, make a leather item to train leatherworking etc.. One thing you will still to get is the crafting book(s) which contain(s) instructions so that you can correctly craft items.

Your comment about Jeyarp saying he is a trainer is something I should have removed from his dialogue but completely forgot about it. I will adjust all the NPC dialogues over the next few days so they are correct once we do an update. Thanks for commenting on this.