Author Topic: GUILD HOUSES  (Read 1331 times)

wolfman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2002, 04:39:03 am »
i was about to read ur post.....but i gave up after To some extent that would be true.

lazy and \'bad\' :evil:

\"Manchmal erhielten Sie, durch die Risse zu lachen, l?cheln durch die Schmerz, damit Sie durch die sorge leben k?nnen.\"

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2002, 01:41:20 pm »
Your post was very good and interesting Montenegro and I would say that if the planeshift crew could make a world of that calibre we could be wery happy (at least if we want an Role Playing Game, which planeshift will be).
And more than one craftsmen guild could be created, giving competition and lowering prizes and if a guild gets banned by all guilds, one guild may ecretly fund them with materials and worker for a \"special\" prize (=multiply with x), and guilds that helped a craftsmen guild (either with soldiers, money or magicks) could get a discount meaning that they can expand their castle faster and cheaper.
Then we of course need a siege engines guild to equip us with trebutchets, rams, catapults and manongels.
And supply the defenders with tar, oils, spear throwers, piggyback, spike traps and other devices.

Nice to have you back Wolfman, missed you my enemy.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2002, 05:16:47 pm »
why keep the craftsman guild your friend??

i would just say build my house or I will chop U to suey this way U get a nice discount too ... MAN I\'M SMART!!! and evil too!!!! together with wolfie :EVIL  and DUMB the perfect combination :P  we kinda balance eachother

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2002, 06:17:57 pm »
....and they\'d build your house as one giant trap, so that the 7th time you opened your door, it would explode like a small nuke.... :)  wouldn\'t that be funny?  I could keep ninkwi\'s skull on the end of a stick to whack people who spout garbage all the time.
All right you primitive screwheads!  Listen up!

Holy_spike

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2002, 06:53:51 pm »
heh a one large trap....  Im getting off subject  :rolleyes:
Montenegro you have a very large point there, but since there will be no \"mining\" so to say how the heck is this gonna work out?

:D WOOT! SPRING BREAK! WOOT! :D  

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2002, 09:35:20 pm »
no mining, no smithing, means no carpentry, no builders either.  No trade guilds.  Dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead.  So this whole freakin\' thread is nixed.  Isn\'t food a created item?  So no farming either then.  Still, better to not have it then have a half-assed version (pardon my french, though that was distinctly English.... hmmm).  On the bright side, in another ten years or so, MMORPGS will probably be the dominant game on the market, and some of them will probably have the trade skills.  Course, if I were corsairk, I would be cursing that I ever posted that can of worms.  I mean, this stuff could all be untrue as well.  Dunno.  Maybe demo 3 (alpha 1????) will have some stuff about the skills used, who knows?  But I bet thats a few years away anyway.  Hehe, crystal space will be different by then!  I wonder how they plan on working that, what with implementation of stuff changing and hardware changing so quickly.  Betcha no one uses 32 bit apps in ten years.  I may need to hang onto a copy of windows XP just to play this game when it comes out.... j/k sort of  :rolleyes:  .   Sorry dev guys, but I just finally fully determined a game I was lookin forward to bit the big one.  Along with Horizons.  Hmmm, every game I really follow closely dies....could this be some sorta weird curse?  You know, alot of stuff breaks or falls apart or simply doesn\'t function when I\'m anywhere near....spooky.  Except computers.  They know to behave.

corsairk8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2002, 09:26:31 am »
There wont be guild houses in the first demo, but its very likely it will be included later. I dont know why you are saying that Montenegro, but there has been nothing said about no smithing, cerpentry, or building. Trading will very much be an active and interesting part of this game. However, its unlikely mining will be part of this game because we do not want any boring or repetitive jobs that may detract from roleplay. Again, let me repeat, I personally am not the one saying this, I just heard that information from the project leader, Luca, and I already am sorry I \"posted that can of worms\". I didnt imagine the possible effect it would have, especailly since a large part of our fan base are ex-runescape players. I would like to appologise personally for anything I have said that may suggest that.

If other people are wondering what this is about, I posted before that mining may not be part of this game, and some people do not like this. I would now like to withdraw that statement. For your last statement montenegro, However technology changes within the next ten years, we are sure that the crystal space engine will adapt.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2002, 09:27:40 am by corsairk8 »

Holy_spike

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2002, 11:55:36 am »
Windows XP?! AWW HELL NO...  I seen better OS on 1987 comps.  my friend has it and it crashes like a.... well ill let your imagination talk

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2002, 01:00:55 am »
Sorry Corsairk.   Just was a little depressed I guess.  Don\'t take the post too seriously.  I made some other, better posts in the other threads.  They make more sense.  Yes, go read those instead.  8)

Holy_spike

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2002, 09:48:57 pm »
\"Dont let your anger control you, it will blind you and kill you.\"

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Guild forts
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2004, 04:58:31 am »
Why not have a small guild fort outside a city? That way you could have all sorts of seperate buildings all owned by people in that guild. It would also make it harde to take the guild hall as it would be protected by castle like defences.
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

smoak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2004, 03:59:22 pm »
it looks alot like that by the time these guilds are done the game will be filled with castles and people waiting to trap players who dare enter.

also what is with ninkwi and chop suey
Madness is merely an extension of sanity.

Watcher

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2004, 03:54:03 am »
*Looks at topic makers name looks at thread tital wonders if the dude is obsessed with caps lock*
Anyway this has alredy been said millions of times.