Author Topic: You have been summoned...  (Read 1451 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
You have been summoned...
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:49:17 pm »
Alright you lurkers, I know you are out there. Time to speak up. There's at least 12 people a day coming through these forums but most of them never say anything, I'm not counting the bots either. :P It's time for us to hear from some of the other people still coming to the forum.

Also, you oldbies lurking especially need to pipe up. No small number of you raised heck around here in the past. Don't go silent now. :P *looks around and pats her pockets* I don't have any flamewars to bait you with.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: You have been summoned...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:11:56 am »
Hello Illysia!

I don't really consider myself a lurker, since I do post on subjects that are important to me.
Don't get me wrong: All those threads you launched have their sense. But IMHO mainly to people who are new to RP and want some orientation.
Which for me would have been about six years ago.  ;D
In the years since I did learn a lot about RP, mostly by watching, simply RPing and thinking about what I can improve for myself.
If now I think too much about it, I may not be spontaneous in my RP anymore. Therefore I just let it flow.

Greetings,
Gonger

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:13:47 am »
Guilty as charged!

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:41:34 am »
I'm still pouting about losing the RCD. :surrender:

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 11:01:58 am »
Guilty as charged!

Hehe, I bumped you out of the forum stats for top posters Suno. :D You better get back here if you want to try to get it back. I'm coming for your spot on top topic starters too. :P

I'm still pouting about losing the RCD. :surrender:

Aww... Don't worry. The sting will pass. That matter possibly could have been handled differently, I wasn't really around so I'm not entirely sure what went down, but everyone has gone to their separate corners now. Hopefully, you had some good memories at least.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »
Do you think things are getting better in PS? Talad said that he doesn't care if there are any players, development will continue. While there have been many improvements in the 6 yrs. I've been playing, there have been many things that have driven players away.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 09:44:03 pm »
*resists urge to be a cranky oldbie*

Depends on what you mean. Do I think the game itself is improving? Yes, but not fast enough to compete in the general MMO market. Do I think the part that keep players, the RP community, is improving. No. There are still too few people.

It actually doesn't matter what ran people away in the past. What's keeping PS from growing now is RP lethargy and an uphill battle. Until you get enough player willing to reclaim, till, and tend the RP soil, it will never be fertile again. That will take a lot of work and commitment. One person can't do it all. Until RP is healthy and growing, the game will just be a bunch of features developed without sufficient players to use them.

So, yeah, development will continue but what difference does it make if the game isn't being enjoyed?

I dunno what to say beyond that. While I have fond memories of this game, even I wouldn't try to martyr myself for it twice.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 12:48:32 am »
Guilty as charged!

Hehe, I bumped you out of the forum stats for top posters Suno. :D You better get back here if you want to try to get it back. I'm coming for your spot on top topic starters too. :P

Woah, is that actually a thing? Surprised I didn't mount it up with other early-game achievements. Man, those duel points though...

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:59:17 am »

Forum stat competition?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 02:45:31 am »
You're just saying that because you need 671 more posts just to catch up. :detective:

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 11:14:02 am »
Well atleast forum stat competition would get some life up here(and higher stats for me  :D).

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:53 pm »
You better get started now while the more frequent posters are AWOL, Dilihin.  :D

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 12:35:16 pm »
Definetly, i just started. Your post seems to have woken up some oldbies, keep up the good work  :thumbup: .
also,
Also, you oldbies lurking especially need to pipe up.
do you mean both in forum and in game or only in forum?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 12:58:41 pm »
We may get more people to do more than log in briefly yet.

Also, you oldbies lurking especially need to pipe up.
do you mean both in forum and in game or only in forum?

I doubt you'd get many of them in game but at least the forum can stop being dead.