Author Topic: One Shot Indicator  (Read 287 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
One Shot Indicator
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
Is it possible to get a name color change for the names of mobs capable of one shotting your character, something that will adjust as your combat skills improve?

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: One Shot Indicator
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:49:22 am »
Well a player can check the MOB strength by checking its desc, a general rule is that the bigger the mob the harder to defeat... Why trying to go close to a very big Maulberlord when you are a small dermorian with no combat or magic skill  that is just looking for herbs? My suggestion would be to just run away without trying to discover if the mob can one shot you.

Self-knowledge allows to survive even in the most hostile nature.
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:26:19 am »
This would fall into to the realm of nice ideas which need server and client work so can't be done now. Things like this would be nice once we get into UE4.

The description does give an indication of how tough a mob is right now, which should keep you relatively save.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:22:58 am »
This would fall into to the realm of nice ideas which need server and client work so can't be done now. Things like this would be nice once we get into UE4.

The description does give an indication of how tough a mob is right now, which should keep you relatively save.

... and, many (but admittedly not all) mobs have ways to detect the player strenght and when this happens they output a message some people may think is weird (Ulbernaut thinks you're weak/strong/etc.). That messge was left by me as an indication to the players so they know more or less if the mob can be easily defeated or not.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:02 am »
Thought Charisma affected the accuracy of those descriptors

Ah ha! That's why the arangma tells me to flee sometimes... Alright, ok. Is that in the help window documentation by the way?

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:33:33 pm »
Come on guys, I love seeing noobs running away from treppors and consumers when they realize they're not going to win ( and will likely get lost in the DR again ). The farther across the map they make it, the better. There's something terribly comical about it. The same goes for seeing some empty handed, cloth-clad stripling getting one shotted by an angry Ulber. No danger signs. Live and learn :P

Noobs don't need to be protected from harm. They don't need "safe spaces" where their points of view cannot be challenged or any of that left wing liberal crapola. This is a game, goddammit, Not a US college campus.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 06:47:41 pm »
Rigwyn, i think those who are noobs enough for that can't make it to the running part.... :devil: but i dont think oneshot indicator is needed, there should be good enough indicators allready.