Author Topic: Weapon Academies and quests  (Read 230595 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Weapon Academies and quests
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:32:12 am »

Settings - Quests
    • 5 New quests to support the first combat school.
    • Support for buying Two Handed, and Shield Mastery combat moves.
    • Addition of a set up for the The Order of the Keen Edge in the arena.
    • Addition of items spread throughout the arena to act as markers so to help you orientate yourself.
    • Many quest fixes.

Settings - NPCs
    • New NPC: In the frame of the sword academy, a new NPC has been added. The Ylian Roniston Shane, a Laanx fanatic located in the wild around the Bronze Door Fortress.
    • A series of 'stuffed' defeated bosses will be visible in the eagle heard fortress. These will include the selected submissions created by players. Thanks to all the players that took the time to submit ideas to us.

Settings - Others
    • A new combat hall has been added in an empty room in the Eagle Head Fortress, on the opposite side to the banquette hall.

Rules - NPCs
    • A new gameplay: There is a new Ulbernaut tribe in BDoors out. The players will now be able to group up and stop the tribe from collecting enough resources to start an invasion.
      The tribe led by a Maulberlord will hunt and gain resources by killing players. If one of its member is killed, the tribe will loose resources.

Rules - Combat
    • The first weapon academy has been implemented: it is dedicated to the blades users and known as The Order of the Keen Edge. Its Grandmaster is Gregori Stevald and it's to him that you shall refer.
      It is the first of many more academies. Each type of weapon will have its own. You can join only one of them but you will always have the choice to quit.
    • A new combat style - Single Handed Sword. If you join the Order of the Keen Edge, you will be taught the "Single Handed Sword". This will add style to your combat with a blade.
    • Two new secondary combat style - Two Handed & Shield Mastery. Most of the academies will train you in secondary styles for sale: "Two Handed" style, for claymore and warhammer users.
    • "Shield Mastery", for one-hand weapon and shield users (It features several blocking manoeuvres and shield attacks).

Rules - Crafting
    • New experimental implementation - Random bonus modifier for crafting: when you craft an item there is now a small chance to obtain a random bonus corresponding to the cost of the item and its stats.
      experimental implementation of random crafting bonuses; Known bugs: the crafting bonuses are not retained during the combination process

Rules - Spells
    • 3 new spells have been added: 2 Brown Way spells (and this will complete the Brown Way gameplay) and 1 Azure Way spell.

Rules - Fixes
    • Fixed the lack of lootable medium helms.
    • Fixed waypoint network in the Arena and BDout map.
    • Fixed the Cooking Fish book combinations.
    • Fixed an exploit to train Body Development skill by repeatedly issuing the /die command inside the Death Realm map.
    • Fixed several NPC behaviors, including base movement, improving overall the NPC client stability and efficiency.
    • Fixed several process names: improve readability of some crafting manuals including the enchanting book. It also fixes some typos.

Art - items/icons
    • Fixed the Assassin style icons. They have been upgraded to a better version.
    • Added custom smoke to forges and furnaces.
    • Added icons to support new special combat moves.
    • Made fixes to a number of legacy items in the client so they can now be used in game (sink, foot tub, crossbow, mirror, gift boxes, spice shaker).
    • Added player made items - fork, spoon, plate, ornate crossbow, crossbow bolt. Some of these are available now, some will be in the future.
    • Added droppable effects, currently GM only.

Art - UI
    • We have made changes to the storage and merchant windows to make their differences more obvious. We have also added inventory slots to the small inventory window for crafters.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
    • Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    Re: Weapon Academies and quests
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:24:17 am »
    I'd like to thank, Mishka (3D Art, creature suggestions), Illysia (3D Art, creature suggestion),  gonger (creature suggestion), and sorka (creature suggestion) for your help in creating content for this update.

And, as always, thanks to all the players who report bugs to us so that we can continually try to fix and improve PlaneShift.

Also.. we have fixed a few bugs with the first combat quest, and we've also fixed a bug with one of the stuffed creatures and the 'bolt' item for the cross bow, but these two fixes will require an art update. There are a few new things we'd like to add to the game art before we release a fix for those bugs, so please bare with us while we sort it out.
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:26:32 am by Venalan »

Emaline

• Game Masters
    • Hydlaa Citizen
    • Game Master
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:38:16 am »
    Just as an FYI: the following is a a list of the new spell names: Frozen Net (Blue Way), Summon Tree (Brown Way), and Summon Earth Spirit (Brown Way)

Initial post says 2 brown, 1 Azure but it's incorrect ;)
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:04:29 pm by Emaline »
    I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
    Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Uadjet

• Game Masters
    • Hydlaa Citizen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 12:41:57 pm »
    Update: There are actually four new spells. For Brown Way they are Summon Tree and Summon Earth Spirit. For Azure it's Greater Creature Bond, and for Blue it's Frozen Net.

Emaline

• Game Masters
    • Hydlaa Citizen
    • Game Master
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 02:13:54 pm »
    Oh! I got my information from Eonwind so blame him not me!  He told me three!
    I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Emaline

• Game Masters
    • Hydlaa Citizen
    • Game Master
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 03:36:29 pm »
    [Sorry for the double post but I figured if some had already seen that they would not see this important update:]

There is a known bug with the morphing your pet spells. If your mount is morphed DO NOT mount it please. You will most likely need a GM to kill it and return it to a mount again. when you mount or log out while mounted the link between the spell and character is lost and it remains morphed. We are working on a fix for this but the easy solution is just don't ride them until the spell wears off :P

Venalan

• Global Moderator
    • Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »
    A little note. The duation of the spell is still maintained even if you cant de-morph your familiar. Give it enough time and it will all reset.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »
    Lots of things in this update though the one that I find most interesting is ability to set back the clock on the invasion, nice touch.

Ravna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • Insane
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »

I have to add that while Venalan is close to the truth, it may not appear to be working like that directly. The server sometimes maintains cached versions of pets/mounts, and they will remain morphed as long as you keep them around. dismissing them and waiting for the cache to go away (in most cases, you'll find the morphs gone the next time you login) is all a player can do for now (or get a GM to respawn it). A patch is being made to fix this issue.
    Find me on IRC if you need me, don't use pms.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
    • Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »
    It's just been brought to my attention that we did not mirror the information to add the door necessary to complete the quest chain for the sword (and dagger) school. Sorry guys. This will be fixed in the next update, which all being well, should be in the next week or two we only have a few things left to test for it.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
    • Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:47:25 am »
    We have just had a dev-art update where I've tested a fix for the gawert stuffed boss which is currently disabled in the fortress, and its working, so the last boss will be made vissible once the next art update has been released.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »
     \\o// Yays.