Author Topic: [Group] Hydlaa Chronicles  (Read 719 times)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
[Group] Hydlaa Chronicles
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:05:43 pm »
Hydlaa Chronicles
The Reliable Newspaper

About the Hydlaa Chronicles

• We value truth and knowledge, and believe that every citizen has a right to be informed
  • We are dedicated to creating a newspaper that provides reliable news to our fellow citizens
  • We are independent in order to maintain a truthful and objective newspaper, free of guild-bound conflicts
  • We offer advertisement space for purchase in our newspaper to support our work in a mutually beneficial arrangement
  • We welcome any citizen to volunteer if they wish to work with us as either a reporter or a writer, regardless of their guild or lack thereof
  • We will review -- and, if necessary, edit -- any and all work done by volunteers in an effort to ensure the accuracy and clarity of their reports or articles

Layenel Mawaen, founder and editor of the Hydlaa Chronicles
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:38:46 pm by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!

You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
Re: [Group] Hydlaa Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »
The Hydlaa Chronicles is Looking for Volunteers!

Interested in volunteering as a writer or a reporter? :detective: Maybe you'd like to do both! Even if you're just curious, we have some information on what the Hydlaa Chronicles would expect of our volunteers.

Expectations for Volunteer Reporters:
  • Pay attention to goings on in Hydlaa and its surrounding areas
  • Take relevant and accurate notes so articles can be written
  • Report to the Hydlaa Chronicles writers with your notes
  • Do your reporting work when you choose
Expectations for Volunteer Writers:
  • Use notes to write interesting and reliable articles
  • Turn your articles in to the editor(s) for review
  • Do your writing work when you choose

If you're interested in volunteering or simply want to learn more, you can contact a representative of the Hydlaa Chronicles.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 03:26:16 pm by Tidebringer »

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 04:25:56 pm »
Starting the Hydlaa Chronicles' Second Issue

As some of you may know, the first issue (No. 1) of the Hydlaa Chronicles is already out, and available for purchase IG. If you'd like a copy for yourself and haven't been able to catch me (Layenel Mawaen) IG, feel free to send a /tell IG or a PM via these forums letting me know you'd like a copy (and include the character's name, of course, so I can get it to you ;D).

Now for the news! The plan is to start No. 2 of the Hydlaa Chronicles soon. I have no idea how long it will take to write, but it will probably go faster with help. Which just so happens to bring me to the next point...

Help would be gladly accepted! Writing a newspaper isn't exactly easy, so help is welcome! If you have an IC article you would like to write and submit to the editor, Layenel Mawaen, for review, feel free to let me know IG via /tell or here on the forums via a PM. Letting me know IC is preferred, but OOC will work too!

Last but not least, if you have any questions feel free to ask me OOC via the forums, either a PM or a reply here (yes, you can definitely reply here, I don't want to be the only one posting!), or you can ask through an OOC /tell to one of my characters if you catch me IG.

Thank you, and please feel free to reply to this thread if you want!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:29:46 pm by Tidebringer »

keyan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »
Thank you for the Hydlaa Chronicles.

I would like to humbly submit this story and I am looking forward to share my many adventures:

<<<>>>

Hunting with the Solitary Warrior

Let me introduce myself;  I am Keyan the Solitary Warrior.  My allegiance is to my skills and my weapons.  My favorite weapons are my swords and my bow.

When I hunt 'Nauts I head on out using the Bronze Doors caravan trial.  This route gives me the opportunity to cleans the caravan trail beginning at the forest exit from this vile and pesky Maulbernaut tribe that roams the area and causes havoc on miners and travelers alike.  The roaming Maulbernaut Lord is a formidable foe.

However, these are not the 'Nauts I wish to hunt.

I continue through the stalagmite gate towards the Riverling pond and turn left looking for a stand of trees and the Hinkelstein cluster.  In this cluster is a decent gold mine, however, this gold mine is guarded by group of Ulbernauts and Vilenauts.  These are the 'Nauts I wish to hunt.

My favorite bow currently is a Greater Flaming Dermorian Composite Bow.  I can shoot straight, hard,  and quickly with this bow.  These attributes come in handy when hunting Ulbernauts and Vilenauts.

Never neglect magic.  The most useful magic spell when hunting with a bow is Lesser Future Sight.  This spell will enable you to anticipate the actions of the 'Naut and land your arrows harder and with more precision.  Other defensive spells are not required, unless you are planning to go toe to toe with 'Nauts, which I do not recommend.  Bow kiting is the way to go with these vile creatures.

I usually hunt these 'Nauts until my backpacks and bags are full with claws, furs , and other assorted animal  parts.  All of the 'Naut parts can be used by one crafting discipline or another, claws are used to by armorers and bowers, furs by the skilled leather workers, the hearts to make an exotic steel, just to name a few.

Once my packs and bags are full I saddle my trusted Bessy and we head back to Hydlaa and share our adventures and bounty with friends and merchants in the East Hydlaa bazaar.

This is one of the many adventures of this Solitary Warrior.

Keyan Waanin

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 12:40:50 am »
I love that people are doing this! I look forward to reading more issues!
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Raikana

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 12:51:23 am »
Hallo! I'm Zakena, ex-director of the newspaper (now closed) Guilds & Traders Journal.
I have a lot of experience, making the newspaper since 2010, and I will be happy to share with you some of my knowledge about the IG-newspaper "businness"  ;)

I'm very glad that you took on and made another newspaper after I closed the G&TJ, and the first advice i'll be giving you right now: don't expect people to help a lot... i closed the journal for lack of staff and I've been running it for almost 10 years... People will help, eventually, but you must be prepared to do a LOT of work by yourself!

Goodluck!
Characters: Zakena Plip

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:05:21 pm »
@keyan
The article you submitted has been reviewed and is much appreciated! :)

@Emaline
That comment for some reason makes me feel achieved. :D

@Raikana
[...]the first advice i'll be giving you right now: don't expect people to help a lot... i closed the journal for lack of staff and I've been running it for almost 10 years... People will help, eventually, but you must be prepared to do a LOT of work by yourself!

Goodluck!

First off, thanks for the advice! Second, yeah, in all honesty I completely expected that I'd have to do LOTS of work by myself. That won't stop me from pestering people to help out, though! ;D

Also the Guilds & Traders Journal was really an inspiration for me in doing this, so thank you for all the hard work you put into it for so many years, Zakena (and whomever helped you along the way). :love: