Author Topic: PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release 0.7.18  (Read 46342 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release 0.7.18
« on: February 07, 2022, 11:20:20 am »

Hello PlaneShifters,
we are back with another PSUnreal release! Yaaaayyyy! This time is 0.7.18, ready to be downloaded from PSLauncher. This release is important as at this point pretty much all the PSLegacy functionalities are in. Let us know if you think we are ready for the real migration.

This release is open to all Patreons and to all veteran players of the previous game (200+ hours of gameplay). A special thank to all the people who are participating in our live streams, testing the game, and giving feedback, supporting through Patreons and donations!

Here is a list of changes for 0.7.18:
Implemented a new functionality of achievements. You will get achievements upon migration for the ones you already achieved in PSLegacy. Some you will have to redo. There are achievement for combat, loot, quests, events, crafting, magic, and many more. This is the first implementation, so please test it and let us know if it works for you and which changes/improvements you would like to see.
Fixed all the entrances to guildhouses, you can now enter your guildhouse! We also found a way to port the guildhouse items from the old game. Those should be correct in terms of position, but may have a wrong rotation. You will have to fix the rotation yourself in Unreal, just right click and transform.
Changed top menu bar to be split in three panels: Character, Social, Others. This is done to avoid a long list of icons hard to search, and to allow room for the next icons that will come.
Added back the ability to right click and get a description on some of the static items in the game. We didnt add new ones, but the one present in PSLegacy should now be working.
Updated Settings window to use new background based on Jade theme with more space for content
Made the arena dungeon doors openable, right click or press E
Added openable gates in hydlaa walls, north gate and west gate
Connected the old tutorial area to hydlaa, its now accessible from the north part of the city. We will shortly fix items and NPC in that area
Fixes to merchant window to prevent wrong clicks on buy/sell and wrong item list
Fixed login window to be adaptable to different screen resolutions
Fixed error in Active spell window
Fixed a number of sounds which were not 3d based (levers, traps, house footsteps, ...)
Fixed crash preventing (for now) to cast spells on Interactable Objects
Fixed bug in loading secret passage marker
Some fixes to group loot
Added new panel for GMs to set flags
Fixes to Howling well cavern entrance
Fixes to caves entrances
Fixed enter and exit from guildhouses
Fixed crash on summoning pet after relogging
Deleted 55779 unused characters to free up names (full list is on Discord in #announcements ), making sure the criteria of deletion would not affect any "meaningful" character. The criteria used to select the characters to delete is following:
- The account owning this character has not logged in game after 2018-01-01
AND
- The character has less than 300 seconds of gameplay
AND
- The character has no money and no items in his inventory or in its storage

All the bugs are tracked on our Flyspray, where you can register and add your findings.
If you are a Patreon you will find the download link on the website directly, if you are a veteran player contact us on Discord to get access.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:04:02 pm by Talad »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release 0.7.18
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 06:31:12 pm »
Great release, Talad and dev team! Thanks a lot for your work!

I tested briefly and have just a few comments. I can file issues at a later time.

1) Guild house works. About wrongly rotated items, it is not too bad. Yeah, there is some work to be done, but it is not too much. One thing I noticed though: Collision detection for items in guild house is off. So I can run through carpets and beds and what have you. Within guild houses I think collision detection for items is supposed to be on.

2) I am not too found of the split of the top menu bar in three panels. I'd like to have an option to turn it back in case there is not already done, did not check. Why? On one hand I easily have the resolution to handle more items in one row. On another hand, now often enough it is two clicks instead of one to reach a certain functionality. If you have some artist at hand, I suggest improving the icons instead so they are more different to each other.

Okay, that is it for now.

Great achievement. Very happy to be able to enter guild houses! Thank you!
Love,
Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release 0.7.18
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 05:46:25 pm »
Test played a bit longer.

Really well made. Two more observations for now:

1) NPCs that attack Damola while she is on a mount, do not seem to do any damage.

2) Vice versa Damola cannot cast anything while on a mount. But the later might be intentional?

3) While on mount it still happens that Damola is sitting on the mount in the wrong direction. I even had this continue after she dismounted and the animation was showing here running side wards while she run forwards.

Can report those as well, but need to check first whether they are already reported.
Love,
Damola