Author Topic: The Observatory and the Applied Knowledge Faction  (Read 679 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Observatory and the Applied Knowledge Faction
« on: September 25, 2023, 05:19:57 pm »
I've been writing a quest where players can ask questions of the Observatory and the Applied Knowledge faction, and I thought I'd give players a chance to suggest questions. Please post them here or on a thread in Discord if you think of any.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Observatory and the Applied Knowledge Faction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 05:42:53 pm »
Migg would have naively asked:

How can you see the Crystal through your apparatus? Aren't you blinded by the light?

and would really expect to get an informative answer  :)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 03:39:20 pm »
That's a good question. I'll give a basic answer in this quest, and a slightly better one in a quest from the guy who studies the Crystal.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 10:27:06 am »
Damola might ask about the purpose of the observatory. Watching the crystal might blind the watcher. Watching the stars... well from inside basically a cave not really practical. Spying on your neighbors?

So what... after all the effort that Talad put into the observatory, especially finding the one superb blue, the only and only blue that can be, the amazing blue, the awesome blue, that one blue one can only hope to find... is actually being observed with the telescope of the Observatory? It points into the sky, but we are inside a cave. Are we researching about the structure of the roof top of the cave?

I am sure there can be an amazing lore about it, but it needs some creativity to address above questions!

That new observatory is truly awesome. Now what happens once you let your imagination go wild about the lore connected to it? Also... an idea of an observatory has been in game lore before? My guess would be like so. What does existing lore tell?
Love,
Damola