Author Topic: NEW REALEASE (I'M SICK OF "INTIALIZING WORLD")  (Read 1098 times)

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2003, 07:02:36 am »
Try changing the compability and see if it works.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Zephonix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2003, 07:05:40 am »
been there done dat :(

Zephonix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2003, 10:33:09 pm »
just wanted 2 move this bak 2 the top so sumbody actually helps me, if they can apparently this is gunna take along time 4 planeshift 2 fix, hopefully this is their main focus.

post here if ya wanna fix ur intializing world probs or find out about da new realease aswell!!!!!! :P thanx

Amylstave

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 02:43:05 pm »
Well, several posts have already pointed out the problems PS has running under a Windows OS.  Linux seems to allow a smoother game.

I have XP and it runs fine, but I also have 512 MB ram, so...I have the spare memory.

128 mb ram is definately not gaming friendly...try upgrading if you can.
the Odyssey?
The Ultimate Home Computer Video Game!
(you can laugh now)

Zephonix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 09:45:13 pm »
k thanx but i don\'t think i\'ll b able 2 upgrade it.
i think it might hav a virsu though cause castle wolfinstein ant worken n e more so maybey i need 2 re-image it. thanx n e way c u l8a

P.S. it\'s a celeron 1333 ghz

BMXDude747

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 12:11:21 am »
i have XP and 512 mb ram, no thats not a typo, 512mb ram and it still pauses a lil so u just have to be patient, i mean i play a lil bit of bf 1942, it might take a while to conenct or not, but when it comes to dling a map, it pauses for like 5-10 mins, so i just graba bite to eat, and dirnmk, maybe watch a bit of TV while it loads, you have to cool it man, just be patient, maybe, while its loading u can go out and buy some more ram :-D that was jsut  ajoke, no offence, so dont get mad at me, im still waiting for my account to be deleted, so i can play, but from what ive been hearing it sounds liek a pretty sweet game. good luck man, maybe we can meet on a realm or something somewhat later, cay u guys
As I walk over the bodies of my defeated enemies, I know one thing, that there is a man, a man that is better than me, no matter what i do, i cannot defeat them, but my goal is to,           Defeat Him....

Zephonix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 01:31:28 am »
I ant gunna get mad, but i can\'t sit there cause planeshift quits on me, i have tryed heaps of times!

thanx n e way

Soris

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 11:22:04 pm »
I\'ve been trying to connect, but no matter what I put as a name, the character creator always tells me the name is taken.  I\'ve tried several random character strings, so I\'m betting its an error, and not the fact that people named Ahtdgsbdf and Ytdsifd already exist...  Anyone have any ideas?

Zephonix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2003, 12:20:14 am »
my guess is sumthing has gone wrong whilst installing or a setting has been changed, try reinstall ot, if that doesn\'t work you will probably have to download it again. :(

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2003, 05:17:02 pm »
u people are lucky because in window me i can\'t even find the compabablity tab and when itz intalizing the world the error that comes up is explorer is restarting or something like that and then 2 mins later it restarts

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2003, 09:38:29 pm »
Zephonix u have window xp rite where did u find the compabability tab i can\'t find it!! guys i think restarting ur computer helps , i did and i made it pass the linkdead to the intalizing world part =(

TheFlamingGringo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I just sat here for 1hr+
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 07:38:18 am »
Edit: For the compatibility tab, right click on the application file and goto properties then the compatibility tab.

Grrr I just sat here for about 75mins to see if it would \'just work\'. It didn\'t. I wrote out a big long list of what happened, but first things first...

v 0.2.010
Windows XP Pro
256mb RAM
850MHz Duron
GeForce2 32mb

I created my character and uploaded OK and then the game ran after loading for about 5mins. Now whenever I goto connect it gets to initialising world and...just...seems to do nothing. Today I decided to wait for about an hour to see what happens, as the PS website says it sould take up to 50mins to work. So here\'s the list of notes I took:

(Running Norton Anti-Virus, no firewall and)

11:45am GMT
Started PS and connect, Initialising World screen. HDD light goes crazy for a few minutes.

11:55
HDD has completely stopped and only flashes occasionally.

12:00
Got bored and put on Task Manager (I think people said don\'t use Alt+Tab, so next time I won\'t even do this).
It says psclient is not responding, and its mem usage is about 116mb and increasing at 200-300k per second.

12:07
mem usage reaches 160mb then drops to 110mb.
The Molecular Blue window goes completely white.
The Page file also decreased.

12:12
mem usage 163mb drops to 110mb. Can see a place on the MB window. (Dunno anything about the game yet, it was the same place I appeared when I first created my player). Could also see the chat window(no text though), two health(?) nars on top-right and a target window.
BTW the music from the initiasing screen still plays (and continues for the rest of the time I tried to connect)

12:17
mem usage goes down again and again to 82mb.
HUD icons appear and in the chat window it says \'no buddies\' or something.

12:25
mem usage goes haywire. MB window seems to refresh.
same at 12:34

12:35
can hear two musics playing. The initialising world music and what sounds like the in game music played very quietly. In game music seemed to start when the initialising music looped.

12:37
HDD light flashed

12:45
MB screen refreshed. In the chat window it says:
Ophidian shouts: hello

Does this mean I\'m in and the game is just lagging to 1 frame every 10mins? When I first created my character it slowed down but was still playable...

12:54
HDD goes mad for a sec. Got my hopes up but nothing happened.

12:57
Mem goes down again then goes up and down and settles at 75mb. Window goes back to white. I give up.

I hope someone finds this info at least a bit useful. I will try again later without Antivirus and without using Task Manager...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 07:39:16 am by TheFlamingGringo »