Author Topic: The "Moogie the Generous" Competition Rules and Submission Thread  (Read 3917 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
The (un)Official \"Moogie the Generous\" Competition!  

Competition 1: Best GUI.
Rules:
  • Entree MUST skin the following parts of the GUI at the very least: Chat/Inventory background, HP/MP bar, Menu buttons (Options, Inventory, Magic, Quit). Higher marks will be rewarded for a more complete skin.
  • GUI Skin should be put up for download so that the judge (that\'s me) can view all artwork, OR a complete set of screenshots should be posted here for my viewing.
  • Must have a consistent theme.
  • Must try to be as practical and complete as possible.
  • Must be suitable for all ages.

Prize:
300 Crystals

Competition 2: Best Short Story.
Rules:
  • Must be about Planeshift and/or it\'s current setting.
  • Stick as close to 300 words as possible. This isn\'t a strict rule so don\'t worry if you\'re a couple of words short or long of the mark. [Edit: has been relaxed, send anything you like as long as it\'s not stupidly huge]
  • Again, please keep it clean.

Prize:
300 Crystals

Competition 3: Best Crystal Blue Title Screen.
Rules:
  • No image smaller than 640x480 or larger than 1152x864.
  • Must include the titles \"Planeshift\" and \"Crystal Blue\" and the Planeshift logo.

Prize:
300 Crystals

After the prizes of these competitions have been awarded, the remaining 100 Crystals will go to the winner of some silly thing I\'ll think up later.

NOTE: ONLY ONE SUBMISSION PER ENTREE! CONTEST ENDS JULY 30th!

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 06:39:59 pm by Moogie »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 04:54:51 pm »
Ah quick change of plan:

1. Short stories, submit them to mad_moogle@hotmail.com NOT HERE! This will avoid some clutter.

2. Please don\'t send your GUIs to my email- give me a link to download it, or post your screenshots here.

3. Post title screens here.

Thank you.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 06:45:29 pm »
Good competitions duck...just a question, can people submit old short stories that they posted before this?

EDIT: no...I don\'t know why I said duck
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 06:45:55 pm by Kiern »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 07:00:09 pm »
Hmm... well, for the sake of keeping it fair for those who would have to write their story within the deadline, I\'d say create a new one specifically for the competiton. However, as I never read the storywriting section here I wouldn\'t know an old story if I saw one...

I\'ll rely on you all to be honest. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 11:25:57 am by Moogie »

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 12:00:09 pm »
When you say crystals, I assume that\'s rubies?

(P.S. Thanks for the comment Moogie it was kind of annoying but I couldn\'t figure out how to fade it.)

Edit: Are we allowed to make multiple entries?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 12:06:44 pm by lostprophet »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
Prophet: The prizes will be in all three kinds of crystal... it depends how many diamonds/emeralds/rubies I have to split up. The first prize will most likely be two diamonds + 10 emeralds, for instance.

If you like, I could edit the sig myself for you. Just point me to the URL and I\'ll download it and send it to you in a PM. :)

Lastly, no. One entry per person. If you make more than one, the first one posted is the one that will be considered in the competition. Saves time and makes sure it doesn\'t get too complicated, methinks.

[Edit: IMPORTANT: All those writing short-stories, please re-read the rules. The word length has been extended to 300 words as the original limit was deemed just too short. Apologies for any inconvinience.]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 01:34:20 pm by Moogie »

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 02:53:37 pm »
http://www.xsi.co.za/buffyboy2001/lb.gif

If you wouldn\'t mind  :]

Edit: Can you diregard my first entry then, moogle, because I think I will make an even longer one now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 02:56:14 pm by lostprophet »

Antity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 05:07:24 am »
hmm bump :)
How should I know how it works?That\'s what developers are for.  I only tried it.

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 09:28:02 am »
As far as internet forum rules go I think bumping is illegal. ;) But I haven\'t read the PS board rules so I won\'t jump to any conclusions.

Antity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 12:57:29 pm »
oups sorry if it was, I must confess i didn\'t check , if it is then i respectefully ask that such a commandable initiative as this one be stickied until the competition is won by someone.
So as to give it the best possible coverage.

now i go back in game trying to get crystals to help make more quests and competitions available
How should I know how it works?That\'s what developers are for.  I only tried it.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 01:01:54 pm »
Don\'t worry about the thread falling down the page. All I have to do is edit the first post, change nothing, click submit, and the thread jumps back to the top of the page. I\'ll continue to do this for the duration of the competition to keep it alive.

For further discussions, please use the other thread. I was hoping to keep this one purely for the submission of entries and I\'d like to keep it as clutter-free as possible to avoid possible confusion.

Thanks. :)

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 05:21:39 pm »
I vote that the stories be posted here.  I want to see them. :-)

- Venge

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 05:55:17 pm »
Aye! we all want to see them here, maybe we can vote on em too! please!! *imagine a Kran struggling to make a puppy dog face*

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 04:19:53 pm »
Buuut I already posted... *whine, complain*

How about I post the winning entry? Hmm but y\'all want to vote on it...

*considers*

Ok, what about this: People send me their stories as normal, then on the 30th when the competition closes, I\'ll post all of the entries in one post with the people\'s names. I\'ll number them. Viewers of the thread can then vote on it using a poll for, say, 5 days. The number with the most votes after 5 days receives the prize.

Sound good?

Yann

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 05:12:12 pm »
Sounds excellent !  :D