Author Topic: DEVELOPERS  (Read 501 times)

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
DEVELOPERS
« on: July 14, 2003, 08:32:20 am »
\"Explorer Caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL.32.DLL at 0187:bff6bb56\"
wat causes this error? this happens in the middle of the intalizing world part, then my computer restarts mins later

Antity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 02:59:03 pm »
this is not a PlaneShift specific error
Kernel32.dll is the core of windows, planeshift may have reserved memory space it wasn\'t supposed to use and explorer then caused the page fault

reboot your computer make sure you have enough RAM and pagefile to run the game and retry it.
How should I know how it works?That\'s what developers are for.  I only tried it.

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 03:21:53 pm »
wats page file?

Antity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 04:23:09 am »
page file is the win 32 swap space, also called virtual memory.
it is a file on your hard drive used to temporarily store memory states when your RAM is too small to hold all the states needed by the programs your run.

(any1 correct me if I am wrong)
How should I know how it works?That\'s what developers are for.  I only tried it.

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 09:45:02 am »
after rebooting and trying the kernel error went away but i got new ones like symtrhk.dll and something like that wit a a instead of the h can any one tell me wat these are

Antity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 01:03:12 pm »
considering there are no sym[something].dll files in plaeshift
I would say that you windows is badly bloated or you don\'t have enough RAM to make planeshift run

what are your computer specs ?
how much virtual memory did you give to windows ?

(on XP : right click on my computer, go to properties, then go to the advanced tab, there click the setting button in the performance box, go to the advanced tab again in the newly opened window, and theree in the bottom box (Virtual memory) you should have informations about your page file size and a button to change it if it is too low)

edit : actually mogura has a thread that details how to change your swap/virtual memory/pagefile settings here
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 01:17:58 pm by Antity »

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 02:04:08 pm »
the ram i think is 128 but i let my computer handle my virtual memory and when try to press the thing for self management of my virtual memory it warned me not to so i didn;t

dragoxs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:04:46 pm »
my friend made the computer so i dunno wat he use

zebadiah_demoz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 07:05:41 pm »
I am new in the industry but am willing to relocate and learn if you teach i will work for free! i have alot of experience with computers,games especially. I know i was meant for game dev. cause i already have a battlescar on my mouse wrist . i have spent some time in model creation and animation using 3ds max.

Plus i think i can make a good contribution to quality assurance :)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 08:06:22 pm »
Originally posted by zebadiah_demoz
I am new in the industry but am willing to relocate and learn if you teach i will work for free! i have alot of experience with computers,games especially. I know i was meant for game dev. cause i already have a battlescar on my mouse wrist . i have spent some time in model creation and animation using 3ds max.

Plus i think i can make a good contribution to quality assurance :)

I think you\'re in the wrong thread. ?(