Author Topic: Your favourite console  (Read 1532 times)

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Your favourite console
« on: July 19, 2003, 02:29:24 am »
I was just wondering what\'s you favourite console (X-box, PS2, GC) and why.

Mine?
Gamecube, since it\'s the only \"real\" console according to me (it has a comfortable joypad, is very mobile, and has unique games) and I hate Sony and its PS (even if I\'m a FF fan and therefore must own one in order to play FF IX, X and XII ;( )
XBOX feels a little unnecessary if you own a PC, since PC are so much better and includes a lot of goodies, like a lot of multimedia and free stuff (for example this going-to-be-great game :) )
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 02:31:05 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 02:42:10 am »
Get a Gamecube if you want real games that are actually fun to play, and keep you playing for months and are fun. Get a playstation if you want games with crappy graphics that are fun for a week then you\'ve beat them. Get a xbox if you want.... games with animated girls in bikinis playing volleyball.

Gamecube all the way!
The Great Linksunius

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 03:13:16 am »
last time i checked graphics in ps2 were better than gamecube.

x-box has some cool games. even though i haven\'t played, i\'ve seen others playin halo, and it looked pretty good to me. not every comp can take those graphics.

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 03:17:57 am »
I know most games I\'ve seen on gamecube are much better then PS2. Gamecube is better by hardware in every perspective.
The Great Linksunius

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 05:15:06 am »
SNES, and maybe NES when I\'m feeling nostalgic.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 05:54:27 am by Caldazar »
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 09:02:42 am »
Originally posted by sashok20
last time i checked graphics in ps2 were better than gamecube.

Uh...last time I checked..no.

Obviously the GC is the king. Although I am sort of liking SexBox thinking of DOAVX. *drools*

Perhaps you could look down a little bit on this forum and see my console thread. It has a lot of my reasons for my Ninfatuation. ;) I will, of course, post it all again.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 10:16:55 am by Jedi »

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 09:59:55 am »
I\'m no big fan of Gamecube, but when you say that PS2 has better graphics, I feel forced to tell you otherwise.
I suggest you look at this, and then you take a look at this. Then you tell me which one you believe is the best, based on those specifications.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 09:42:00 pm »
I don\'t like Game Cube just because its games arn\'t my type I like X-Box the best becasue its games are most like PC\'s>   X-Box is for all those PC gamers who can\'t afford a PC but still want all the bells and whistles plus X-Box is the only console to be used for copetition like a PC , my freind truls made it to nationals (Australia) and if he wins there he goes to Korea for the finals(playing Halo)

X-box is also the only console to have multiplayer games up to 64players and I do enjoy a good multiplayer game and X-Box is the best lan console

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 09:48:19 pm »
If Nintendo ever gets their LAN cable out you\'ll be able to link a lot of GCNs together. In fact for Mario Kart Double Dash!! you can get up to 64 players, I believe.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 10:13:57 pm »
I guess the reason why I praise ps2 so much is cause of gta3 and tekken 4, which i played.
and I have not played any gamecube before.

btw, i also mixed up the graphics with dreamcast, I forgot for a sec that gamecube is the new one as well. Gamecube graphics are definately out there.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 10:33:17 pm »
My choice is PS2 mainly because of the choice of games.  I think the only GC game I like playing is Super Smash Bros.  Plus I\'m a big FF fan.  But in my opinion they each have their perks and if I could I\'d own em all.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 09:32:07 am »
Yes, Tekken 4 is definitely good. I too am a big FF fan (9\'s my fav :D) so I am obviously happy about FF: Crystal Chronicles. ^_^ However, I am still considering buying a PS2 for the other ones.

You da man, AendarCallenlasse. You finally found the proper way to insult other consoles. I want all of them too, though it chafes me that I am considering an Xbox. *shudders*

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 02:18:48 pm »
all those big machines can\'t do anything my pc can\'t..
so I keep it small GP32 RULES!!

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

Adam K.

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 08:13:12 pm »
My favorite is NES, or SNES because of the older Mario games

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 09:49:46 pm »
I got an SNES and NES emulator for my final fantasy needs and a ps2 for the other FF needs :)