Author Topic: Moogie's Story  (Read 8776 times)

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2003, 05:47:25 pm »
Well, I vote you continue your story.
Even if it turns out lousy at least you tried...

*Wonders where he would have been...*
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Grakrim

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2003, 07:59:48 pm »
What you did write was spectacular, but I do understand why you\'ve lost inspiration; so much has changed since you started.  One of the first things I thought when Drak went to the darkside was, \"What\'s Moogie going to do, now?\"

I do hope you redo (or continue) your story in the future, though, your writing style was quite excellent.  Good luck with whatever you decide to with that talent of yours.
\" I think you should just follow Grakrim\'s advice ;)\"

\"A universe is enough for more than one opinion.\" - Maxximus

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2003, 09:15:56 pm »
Thanks for the support guys. :)... But the more I think about it, the more I can see this story just getting abandoned.

I don\'t think I\'ll quit writing... but next time I\'ll probably make up unique characters to eliminate the possibility of me losing confidence due to changing circumstances in the future.

This story was very interesting to work on. I had plans for alot of people to have their names at least mentioned at some point. Hey seeing as I\'m most likely never going to finish this, let me rant about the storyline that I was going to follow. :) If you don\'t want to hear about it (I don\'t see why) just stop reading now.

Moogie awakens in Draklar\'s home with no memory of who she is and how she got there. At the same point in time, an enemy god has suddenly appeared and is launching a suprise attack on Talad\'s lands with its army of shadow-demons. This god, you would learn, came from the surface of the planet, where you could call \'Hell on earth\'.

During the course of the story, Moogie begins to learn about herself and her past, with the help of previous friends and guildmates. She learns of a prophecy to which her life is bound, and all the while the dark enemy forces are spreading descruction across the world.

It becomes clear early on that this prophecy is the key to ending the threat, but Moogie and her companions only discover the method to defeating the enemy towards the end of the story. Ending the threat would mean a huge sacrific... Moogie\'s life. Her path leads her towards a rift in space and time, through which the enemy god (a god from ancient, primordial times) itself actually travelled to reach this world.

Moogie carries with her an artifact of the god\'s undoing, and prays that when she steps through this rift, it will not eliminate her existance immediately. With a history-defying effort she pulls herself through into the ancient world of Yliakum. She finds herself briefly on the surface of the world... astounding beauty, unpolluted skies and fresh outside air... but she has but mere seconds before she disappears. She was never meant to exist in such an ancient time, and just before the timeline adjusts itself to compensate, she places the artifact and manages to erase the evil god\'s existance from ever happening.

In doing this, the future is changed. The hordes of evil monsters disappear, people are brought back to life, villages reconstructed instantaneously. People know no better; the terrible threat doesn\'t even exist anymore. However, on a certain day, something strange forms in a forest near Hydlaa... as if the air and light itself was bending and melting, revealing a hole just big enough for a feline to fall through, unconcious, and lay there untill an Enkidukai warrior chances by and takes her home to recover...

End storyline!

Well, that\'s it. Methinks up something different now. :) You know, that took me 3/4 of an hour to type out. Now it\'s 2am and I\'ll be tired for tomorrow! ><

Xandria

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2003, 02:50:32 am »
Well it sounds great!

Good look on your next story, Moogie :)

(Ya, I\'ll get around to mine one of these days  :rolleyes: )

How I set my timezone:

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Antarctica/Davis /etc/localtime

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2003, 07:09:25 am »
moogie story must contuinue it MUST >.<
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 07:09:43 am by seperot »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2003, 09:00:16 am »
Oh my god! You\'re back! Where have you been?! Everyone\'s been sooo worried, as you\'ve probably already seen. :( Glad to see you back Sep, look forward to a big hug when I get home. :)

zaphar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2003, 11:37:41 am »
hehe moogie I love time travel paradoxes. and that story line smacks of one most definitely
*Zaphar grins roguishly as he exits the post

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2003, 04:55:39 am »
Well moogle if you don\'t feel upto it let me take over this story for a while. Sure I\'ll scrap your storyline but I\'ll try to tie up the loose ends and advance it a bit further. I loved your story so i\'d hate for it to be left unfinished even if I have to finish it myself. What say you? I wont spoil it, atleast i\'ll try not to. I am also hopeful that i\'ll be able to match your story telling skills:). So decide and post here what is your will. See ya. Dont feel bad about saying \'no\'. I\'d understand completely;).

Auran. No More.
Forget you ever knew me kid.

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2003, 08:09:22 am »
Whoa...that story line was awesome. So cool. It sucks that something so great has to end. Well, I guess I could rant and rave \'till I\'m blue in the face, but you\'d never let me talk you into continuing. :rolleyes: Good luck with your next work.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2003, 09:58:17 am »
Originally posted by Auran
Well moogle if you don\'t feel upto it let me take over this story for a while. Sure I\'ll scrap your storyline but I\'ll try to tie up the loose ends and advance it a bit further. I loved your story so i\'d hate for it to be left unfinished even if I have to finish it myself. What say you? I wont spoil it, atleast i\'ll try not to. I am also hopeful that i\'ll be able to match your story telling skills:). So decide and post here what is your will. See ya. Dont feel bad about saying \'no\'. I\'d understand completely;).

Thanks for the offer Auran, but I don\'t think I would like that. This is my story and it would feel weird to have someone else change the storyline and write the rest of the chapters. But thanks again anyway. :)

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2003, 10:42:13 am »
Okee Dokee:):tup:. Would you mind me using your stuff in my own story then??(. Sure it\'d be another version of your story but it wont be yours exactly. I wont change your entire story. Your existing chapters will prevail.  I\'ll just redirect the story\'s flow and think out a different climax.  I\'ll change the focus of the tale from you. It\'d be like MOOGIES STORY: THE DARK VERSION ;) or I might even give it a different name. What say you? Nay is it? Since the original material is yours, your will shall prevail. Actually I could write my own but your scenario is something the players already relate to and it has laid the foundation of a great backdrop.

Auran. No More.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2003, 11:19:38 am »
Are you sure you have time to write a story on top of all the other things you seem to be doing? :P Exams, the Planeshift Saga game, your guild...?

Well, seeing as I\'m not going to continue it, I might aswell hand the privilege over to you. It\'ll certainly be an interesting read for me. :) You have my permission to use the existing chapters as a basis for the rest of your story.

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2003, 01:35:50 pm »
I never said I intend to do any of it soon:D. Maybe in a few months :P. Thanks for allowing the usage. I\'ll make good use :).

Auran. No More.

hramrach

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2005, 02:34:28 pm »
very nice, it\'s a pity it has to be left unfinished

But perhaps there will be another story
Observer .. or watcher?

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2005, 05:07:19 pm »
you didnt need to dig up a two year old thread just to say that.

adieu