Author Topic: Favorite Music  (Read 73591 times)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music
« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2006, 02:07:08 pm »
 ;D AS long as it rocks!  :thumbup:
like: System of a down, Anti-flag, Rage against the machine, Chimaira, Slayer,  METALLICA, Green day, RHCP, Muse ( because I'm going to concert of them  \\o// gotta be prepared :P ), Korn, Papa roach, Axel roses (I still dunno if I'm spelling the band name right..), Offspring
 and and and and and and and... ehh I'll stop now.. or else I still won't be done by 2morrow  :sweatdrop: So, as I said, aslong as it rocks :P
PĂ©ace out! and Rock on ;)
^^

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2006, 05:09:00 pm »
^ You mean guns and roses Socius?

zog

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2006, 05:21:29 pm »
^^ Michael Bolton and Kenny G made a joke about starting a GNR cover band which they would call "Guns N Noses"

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2006, 05:25:42 pm »
oh and @Drey---i cant go to the placebo concert  :'( i finally saved up money for the tickets, but they sold out a month ago

Me sobs and listen to the Without You Im Nothing album on repeat

shame, here's this though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3RQCn0wlg

nothing too interesting on at the union atm... prolly find something to go see in cardiff though
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2006, 07:00:40 pm »
ahaha SWEEt :P:love: that song, good choice ;)

kalika huggles Drey for the video

i have the live in paris dvd so im gonna watch it tonight (the show is tonight)

Kalika wishes she could marry Brian Molko  :love:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:05:10 pm by Kalika »

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2006, 07:37:19 pm »
live at la cigale?

i have some tracks off of that, pretty cool.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2006, 11:50:39 pm »
Socius Rockus, listen to this and tell me what you think:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWV32kSkFs

Another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJDq5Y4xQQ
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 12:17:47 am by zanzibar »
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2006, 06:19:09 am »
Zanzibar hehe, what can I say.. it rocks  ;)
This falls defenetly under my 'relax' music  :thumbup:
Gotta clear that up: I define music into 2 catagories:
-1 Party music, like go crazy like Anti-flag, GD, SOAD, Chimaira etc. ( X-/ No I'm not gonna name alll those band, I'm sure I would forget like 10 orso and them somebody  comes : Dude you forget .... , and I don't like that :P )
-2 relax music, like before falling to sleep, riding to home alone on a bike from school, vacation trips ect, comming home from a hard day at school/work, playin PS etc. , like Metallica, Pearl Jam, motorhead ... and like your stuff you posted just now (although that Helmet song... hmm could be in both :P ), mostly I listen to my Cd's or to the Classic-rock channel for those songs and I don't really pay attention to the reporter saying wich band what song  :-[ srry

Ofcourse there are songs from one band catogotie that belong to the other catogorie, and well, I'm not going to lay donw my whole music filosofie here, because I have to go to the mall right now (And It would be a long piece to write/read too)
But as I said
;D AS long as it rocks!  :thumbup:
- btw Are that allstars that dude is wearing in that Melvin clip?  \\o// cool

PĂ©ace out!
^^

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2006, 07:19:05 pm »
^^ What?!!?

You said Metallica is your 'chill' music. :/

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2006, 11:29:43 pm »
^^ What?!!?

You said Metallica is your 'chill' music. :/

I listen to extreme forms of death metal like Scott Hull's stuff (Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer, others), and I find it to be relaxing.  It depends on the kind of person you are.

Socius Rockus, are you from Brazil by any chance?  You write like a penpall I have from there.  Except that every other thing he says is "*****ING HAILS!!!!!"
Immaturity is FTW.

bilbous

« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2006, 12:18:31 am »
Long Live Geezer Rock! You will never escape it until the last boomer gerts buried in the dirt. Unfortunately 70% of the geezer rock radio stations play is the commercial crap the record company owns (no residuals on singles huh, RIAA?) The good stuff never gets played.

Lotta good Frank Zappa, Alvin Lee & Ten Years After (guitar blues), King Crimson, old Bowie (not the Euro-dance trash), Roxy Music. not an exhaustive list.

Prog me with a Moog.

Listening to Porcupine Tree right now, suprisingly good, more accessable than a lot of Fripps stuff.

EDIT
Off topic comments removed.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:48:51 am by bilbous »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2006, 12:38:48 am »
CDs do not have a much smaller frequency bandwidth.  Tube amplification is the source of the difference in sound.  Double-blind tests have been done to compare differences in how analog versus digital mediums are perceived when sent through the same audio system - no one has EVER been able to tell the difference in such tests.  Perhaps the biggest difference is simply the way modern music is produced, but I don't want to get too technical.

The biggest advantage vinyl has over CD is bragging rights.  The rest comes down to production and the quality of your sound system.

Edit:  Another good tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FP8fMrmIao
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 02:41:08 am by zanzibar »
Immaturity is FTW.

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2006, 09:29:08 am »
@ zanzibar: Hehe I guess your not a  :detective: Because, what does my location says?  ::)

@ Croconil : Yes I do, why not? It's not that I listen to superduper extreem music the rest of the day, But ity's just  Hmm I can't relax with like punk, metal, you know hyperactive protest songs and crap although I like that I can't fall in sleep with that, I get hyper myself and when you're hyper you can't sleep... get it?
Well Metallica is just well it's just well like ehhhhh hmmm Well compared to let's say SOAD the instumental and singen play is just mighty Beautyful (I can't find the right word so I mean beautyfull, I could use sedisfactionorie but i don't know if that's spelled right and/or it mean totaly something different) anyways I just sit down (or lay down when I go to sleep :P ) turn on my CD player (not the amplifirer or else my parents get mad... they ned to sleep aswell :P ) and put in earphones and let the music fly  :sorcerer: And I know this is gonna sound clichĂ© but ALWAYS the last song I listen to before really go to sleep is: "Enter Sandman" ^^ sometimes the Live version with symphonie, sometimes the plane one
(btw not only Metallica hehe, I sound here like a superduper metallica fan... man I only own 4 albums and not even 'master of puppets' :(

:oops: talking/writing/typing (  ;D ohh what Am I funny) tooo much!
PĂ©ace out!
^^

[ Edited for language. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:55:43 pm by Karyuu »

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • ꞆĂ­ꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2006, 10:40:58 am »
Ahh so much heavy music! (Not that I have anything against it, I just think I should even it out. :))

Her you are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yVL3foYgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJCp9wsaj8
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

bilbous

« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2006, 11:12:26 am »
Ah yes, Zan once again you have pointed out the sloppiness of my assertions. However the CD vs LP argument is not quite so cut and dried as you seem to think. Have a look at this article. http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/LPvsCDformats2.php
It provides some food for thought.

Also I would like to suggest that listening to music is not solely about what you can hear as sub-sonic and supersonic waveforms can be felt even if only subliminally. Of course rock-heads are more sensitive to earth tremors than softskins.

Of course thrash death (is there much difference?) metal afficionados would not seem to require much fidelity from their recordings as it is all noise to me. :oops:

BTW nice move ignoring the signal in my post and commenting on the noise.
Signal = On Topic, Noise = Off Topic (slightly related, however)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:05:31 pm by bilbous »