Author Topic: Favorite Music  (Read 73590 times)

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2007, 05:10:34 pm »
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Xus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gravity cat is not amused...
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2007, 10:07:39 pm »
In my car, it's 1992 again--I've been listening to Rage Against the Machine's self-titled album.

Rage against the machine rock.

Rage Against the Machine was alright, I guess... But now that they're Audioslave and they've got Chris Cornell doing vocals, they're unbeatable!!!

...HUZZAH!

Hey, screw you. Nobody's cooler than Zack de la Rocha! :P

Hey screw you more.  Chris Cornell pwns Zack de la Rocha any day! :P

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 15, 2007, 12:34:17 am »
He so does not.

Emerald I feel the same way about Battle, but I thought Evil Empire was close to as good as Self Titled.

Kiern I'd heard that but don't want to cough up $200 or whatever for Cocella (SP) tickets.  I'm hoping they come around again though.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 15, 2007, 03:13:12 am »
You guys know they're getting back together, yeah?

Zomfg I could not believe it when I heard the news that they are getting back together, even if it is only for a one off concert... I almost bought tickets and $2000 plane tickets to fly to California to hear them play, until common sense got the better of me... :(

I really, really, really hope they get back together properly and do a tour down under, or at least release a new album.

Xus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gravity cat is not amused...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 15, 2007, 07:23:28 am »
Jeebus nobody seems to like my Chris... Come on, now, you can't possibly listen to "Outshined" by Soundgarden and NOT be chilled to the bone by how his scream just peels the paint off the walls in your mind.  There's nothing like it.  Or how genuinely touched and erotically aroused one feels after his stirring performance of Ave Maria...

I''ve not heard enough Rage Against the Machine to realli judge Zack at all, but as far as vocals go, Chris Cornell is just one of the best.

The other best male vocalist out there???  Serj Tankian.  ;)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 15, 2007, 09:11:20 am »
The other best male vocalist out there???  Serj Tankian.  ;)
;D SoaD   \\o// But Serj's voice only works with their music, I think you can never really say who's the best, Cause I don't think it would sound that well if Serj went singing for RATM or any other band  :P Or Matthew Bellamy singing in CoB?
It's not all about the vocals, the music must be right for it (Or so totaly not fitting together that it just has to be good :P )

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 15, 2007, 10:22:47 am »
CoB as in Children of Bodom?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #457 on: February 15, 2007, 10:27:14 am »
Psch, get with the times Zanzi.

And System are weird. They rock, but they're weird. Seriously weird. "Wired were the eyes of a horse on a jet pilot!" - what the hell does that mean? I know it has something to do with bombing somewhere but...

Mindari

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 15, 2007, 02:27:25 pm »
not wierd ... the term is "alternative" ;)

each album they release seems to come under a different genre, including alternative/thrash/progressive

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2007, 02:59:07 pm »
'Alternative' is too general a term. Everything is 'alternative' nowadays... I prefer 'weird' :P

Radiant Memphis

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Kapowie
    • View Profile
    • Me music
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »
Metal by numbers Cookie! Cookie! Cookie!
Sepultura, still one of my fav. bands.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 04:55:58 pm by Radiant Memphis »

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2007, 04:47:32 pm »
CoB as in Children of Bodom?

uhuh,  :sweatdrop: I thought it was the only band with that 'shortcut'  srry if i confused anyone

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2007, 05:03:11 pm »
Metal by numbers Cookie! Cookie! Cookie!

The guy (or at least his opinion) is pretty ignorant. I find it funny that the drummer is wearing a Helmet t-shirt since the music they're playing has very little in common with Helmet's stuff. There is a formula to a lot of metal acts, but the same can be said for almost all classical and blues. It's called form and style. It's how you play with it that makes it good.

He keeps talking about how "easy" it is to play metal, but his song sucks. It's horrible. Plus he groups together thrash, nu metal, black metal, and crossover as if they're all the same thing.  The video is a failure. It's self indulgent and irrelevant.  This is just some loser who misses the 80' and the days of bands like Guns n'Roses and Skid Row.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Shimmabuku

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2007, 05:52:12 pm »
BReaking Benjamin  and 30 seconds to mars are perfect for online gaming. it can make Runescape epic. and THAT is saying something. :woot:
"Never interrupt an enemy while he is making a mistake."
-Napoleon

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2007, 06:55:39 pm »
Chris Cornell did rule back in the Soundgarden days.  I think he lost his abilities or something, because the high notes that used to come so easily now sound strained and hurt my ears to hear.  Maybe it's just a sylistic thing, but it doesn't sound good to me.  So Audioslave IMO will never be anywhere near as good as Rage Against the Machine or Soundgarden.

Lately I've been listening to The Living End a lot.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"