Author Topic: Favorite Music  (Read 73601 times)

Xus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gravity cat is not amused...
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »
Not to change the subject, but you all have moved on from SOAD ere I got a chance to speak my piece.  :(

It is true that Serj's voice is good only for a very specific sort of styling of music... but it could be implemented pretty well outside of SOAD.  For instance, his project Serart (which no one seems to know about).  Come to think of it... you want WeIrD, check that stuff out.  That is some funky stuff... Anyway, I think Serj is actually more talented than Darren in a lot of ways.  And I heard recently that supposedly Darren is going solo for a while, without SOAD?  While part of me is dispappointed, the other part is like "hell yes, maybe now Serj will do more."  And realli, Darren is the strung-out weird guy in the group, but Serj has actual brains.

Yei... those are my thoughts.  And I realli don't at all think that Chris has lost ANY ability whatsoever over the years!  Seriously, his solo album "Euphoria Morning" has some of his best work, in my opinion.  Back in the good ole Soundgarden days, he was alright, but he screamed too high-pitched sometimes (and I'm talking primarily about theyre early stuff), so that they basically just sounded, for a long time, like any other bar-metal band.  But I can't listen to Audioslave's "Cochise" or "Show Me How to Live" without getting absolutely pumped up.  Just something so liberating about specific, calculated way in which he screams his guts out.

And I know, of course, that all of this is opinion and, therefore, none of us will ever convince anyone else to see our way, but I just want it to be know that I disagree completely, and Audioslave is, in my opinion, the greatest band since Pink Floyd.  But then just about everyone in the world disagrees, so... I'm unique!  \\o//

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2007, 08:17:42 pm »
I don't like screaming, really, unless it's melodious. It just... lacks subtlety... :P

Recently I've been into the whole rapcore thang, like RATM, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit

("But who really cares where we're headin', 'cause all you mutha-******s got a reason to JUMP!" - I love that line so much...

lordraleigh

« Reply #468 on: February 15, 2007, 10:12:27 pm »
Pink Floyd - "We Will Rock You", one of the greatest classics in my opinion.

Also about SOAD, I liked "Chop Suey" when I heard it.

But my favorite ones are pretty behind on this post

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2007, 01:34:10 am »
pink floyd did "we will rock you"? i thought that was queen...ahahaha it doesnt matter they are all awesome :)

:love: :love: :love: system of a down....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

toxicity was such a good album

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Mindari

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2007, 03:35:27 am »
Tame!

(warning, not tame)

slayer!!! if your into the thrash scene:

dark angel
sodom
metal church
kreator
tankard
sepultura
anthrax
exodus
megadeth

edit: unless its from the 80's - 90's its not worth listening to (especialy slayer)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:43:23 am by Mindari »

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2007, 03:47:21 am »
pink floyd did "we will rock you"? i thought that was queen...ahahaha it doesnt matter they are all awesome :)

It most certainly was Queen.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Radiant Memphis

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Kapowie
    • View Profile
    • Me music
« Reply #472 on: February 16, 2007, 09:47:58 am »
DNR Testament
Welcome home King Diamond
Time PRO-Pain
War is my shepard Exodus
and a less heavy note...
Far beyond the sun Philharmonic Yngwie Malmsteen
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMK4hr1nK6U>Mythodea-Movement 10[/url] Vangelis...who rocks in his own way.

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2007, 10:05:25 am »

They may have just made a song with the same name. Or done a cover of it. Its not unheard of you know :P

emeraldfool

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 16, 2007, 10:26:49 am »

They may have just made a song with the same name. Or done a cover of it. Its not unheard of you know :P

You sir, are unfit to own a guitar :P

toxicity was such a good album

Si. But again, it's like their only proper album. People always seem to go all out with one album, and then have one or two good songs on the rest...

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #475 on: February 16, 2007, 11:37:02 am »

It was a joke Emeraldfool :P and if you take my guitar away....say bye bye to the reproductive organs XD

Xus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2007, 11:40:06 am »
Ah, Queen!  There's another kick-ass band.  And I've got the album with We Will Rock You on sweet sweet vinyl so it is uncontrovertible and self-evident that they indeed did that song.

I don't like screaming, really, unless it's melodious. It just... lacks subtlety... :P

For the most part I agree.  Like Hatebreed for instance... *excessive gagging* Or realli any of those big HxC Deathmetal "I killed a baby and ate it's flesh and now I'm hungry for seconds" bands.

But SOAD uses screaming fairly sparingly, and realli only to stress certain things, which my ears certainly appreciate.  And Chris Cornell doesn't realli scream, he wails; there's a difference.  :P

Watch!  The!  Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CUkoME-RSY
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:45:10 am by Xus »

emeraldfool

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2007, 11:47:59 am »

It was a joke Emeraldfool :P and if you take my guitar away....say bye bye to the reproductive organs XD

That's hurting the ladies far more than it's hurting me, Croc. :P

For the most part I agree.  Like Hatebreed for instance... *excessive gagging* Or realli any of those big HxC Deathmetal "I killed a baby and ate it's flesh and now I'm hungry for seconds" bands.

But SOAD uses screaming fairly sparingly, and realli only to stress certain things, which my ears certainly appreciate.  And Chris Cornell doesn't realli scream, he wails; there's a difference.  :P

Watch!  The!  Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CUkoME-RSY

I hate Hatebreed so much... I can't understand how that guy still has vocal cords...

And if you say 'realli' one more time...

Xus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2007, 11:50:16 am »
And if you say 'realli' one more time...

Why that sounds a little bit like a threat... You realli wanna mess?

bilbous

« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2007, 12:05:42 pm »
King Crimson, fully awesome repertoire, Frank Zappa consummate instrumentation, albeit many perverse themes, Porcupine Tree musically diverse. These are some of what I listen to.