Author Topic: BISM  (Read 951 times)

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
BISM
« on: March 13, 2002, 07:24:57 pm »
I have decided to release the info on BISM before i go on spring break (which is next week).  I have a website for it but as i said on woob\'s html thing, i was working on one but it sucked so i trashed it and made a piece of junk on geocities so i could finish before spring break.

click here to go to website

please dont pay attention to how much the site sucks hopefully i will get someone to help me out with a real one.

BTW it is going to be really confusing because i havent sorted it all out since i was in a rush, after you enter the page go to more info to actually learn what it is

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 07:40:17 pm »
this reminds me of Runescapes MOFIA they got fish and ores and bars, and sold them off in mass, and the worker got most of the money.. its a cool concept if properly done...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2002, 07:40:44 pm by Dumb Woob »

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 07:48:21 pm »
thats all good....but what do the letters BISM stand for...thats all i wanted to know..

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 07:53:03 pm »
ACK, *kills woob for comparing him to the (shudder) MOFIA on runescape* anyways....at the moment only peopel that join shall know what it stands for and anyways this is mostly just for fun but  money is a pleasant happening for it  :D  and it WILL be run good if i can get people to help me out, i\'ve already got it all planned

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 08:00:43 pm »
so...whats BISM stand for.?

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 08:22:07 pm »
oops forgot to say.....the reason im not saying what it is, im gonna be changing it because i dont LIKE what it stands for

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 08:28:10 pm »
BISM SUX

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2002, 09:14:06 pm »
Interesting, sounds promising. The idea is good, but you must have objectives completed for the idea to be in full control.

For instance, the password for members can be easily cracked by many men and women in these forums and out. So, technically, there is no real way to 100% protect your members\' identities. What I do suggest, though, is a number of passwords. For instance: On the main BISM site there is a member page. It asks for the password. You are transfered to BISM page 2 (hosted on another site possibly, a free site like geocities though of course) where you must again write a password. You are transfered to a third site, with a final password, that transfers you to the final, and official, BISM web site.

Yes, this may sound rediculous, but there were several *other game* guilds that kept their members\' identities secret, but the passwords to the information were easily retrieved and usually were flooded on the boards inside posts. Occasionally there were money offers for the passwords.

Just understand that if you want to keep a secret, you must make sure it is kept that way.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2002, 07:09:29 am »
bleh this post made no since here, let me reword it:

I have got the member security system under control......We will not need a pass for the members site because only certain people (like the heads of each faction) will know how to find out who the members are....no website needed, so the only way for people to find out who is in BISM will only happen if one of those people tell them how

I hope that made more since  :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2002, 04:13:15 pm by Kiern »

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2002, 07:17:10 am »
i dont know if i will or wont join BISM, but i just wanted to compliment you on the website..
it looks really professional, i think, for a guild (or what BISM is) and will attract many players..
its easy to navigate too, only this moving background is giving me a headache =)
good job !

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2002, 04:14:47 pm »
lol thanks nu sham  8)

you dont like the moving background? heheh i thought it was pretty fun to look at

Weitang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Hmm..
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2002, 05:57:07 pm »
Well, I personally thinks BISM is a good idea..  But I think it would suck if somebody used BISM to find out information about another guild that the other guild didn\'t want leaked..  It sort of seems like a bunch of spies working on request, which I really dont like.  I think there should be rules and regulations to what you can request BISM to do.  Just think, if your guild was going to be doing an event (such as a guild rapage.. lol) and the other guild finds out *with BISM of course*, they could counter you easily!  Leaked info, spies, rumors, whatever you would like to call them, is just not fair if you request it from somebody else.  Just wanted to post my feelings, so dont get all hostile on me hehe :)

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2002, 06:13:58 pm »
dont worry weitang  :D BISM does  have its rules and ethics, and we wouldnt do any \"spying\" unless the guild had done something to us or one of our members, such as badmouth, we, of course, wouldnt take any action on our own because that is not what BISM is.....we would wait until someone wants us to then we would take action, otherwise we would just tell \'em to **** off cause we dont want the guilds to be mad at us

I would rather not discuss about any of the other rules on this board so people dont know how we limit ourselves so if you have questions or comments please email me at ohthatguykiern@hotmail.com there i will gladly answer ALMOST all questions

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 08:31:03 am »
Answer this question = WTF IS BISM ?!?!

lol.. i mean from what i understood, its this group of people who mine pletny of ore or something like that togther, then sell it all togther (if u sell alot of it at once, u can sell for more) , and split the money ?

maybe im stupid but thats what i understood.. if so, how can one gather useful information about other guilds or what ever u guys were talking about.. *confused*

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 04:28:01 pm »
lol that is exactly NOT what BISM is, which is why i didnt like woob comparing me with MOFIA, we do NOT do stuff like that, people pay us to do jobs, such as run an errand, or \"off\"   ;)  someone, did you read the more info? i know its confusing and im gonna fix it all up once i get back