Author Topic: Weapon Customization!  (Read 634 times)

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
Weapon Customization!
« on: January 06, 2004, 02:27:44 pm »
I remeber a topic about designing your own weapons, but most of you said it wouldn\'t work.

What if they simply put an option to turn it on and off. Then, people with faster computers and internet could have it, but people with slower connections could turn it off. I\'m no programmer, so I don\'t know if it\'s possible, but it\'s just an idea.
X2 3800+ (2.5GHz) | eVGA 7900GT (500/1500) | 2GB XMS (210MHz)
Audigy2 ZS | A8N SLI Premium | 250GB SATAII | TT Tsunami

Xelon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »
errr... im not sure but i cant see it working.... wouldnt it be like having two completely different servers? (dont flame me if im wrong) ?(
the man with the invisible sig picture

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 02:44:56 pm »
I don\'t think it would. Of course, it would have to be only visual. In the options menu just turn it off and they would all be the predetermined one by the Devs, or turn it on and you would see everyones design that they made. I\'m not sure if I\'m making this clear.
X2 3800+ (2.5GHz) | eVGA 7900GT (500/1500) | 2GB XMS (210MHz)
Audigy2 ZS | A8N SLI Premium | 250GB SATAII | TT Tsunami

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 03:37:05 pm »
Hm...ye that wouldn\'t really work good...

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 06:07:15 pm »
i didnt really read much of the post, but i hope there is weapon customization because then you can make ur weapons more unique, but if we do i\'d like it to be something like, open a window up, select the weapon, and maybe u use either items, currency, or special ingrediants (such as metals, jewels, ect.) and each one adds to an attribute or adds a special effect

something like this would be good, or maybe u have to collect like magic stones of different kinds and when u have enough of one kind then u can increase a weapon a couple of stats points (dmg, speed, range, ect.)

what do yall want if there is gonna be weapon customization?

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 07:24:15 pm »
personally I think weapon customization throws the weapon trade off. Which sword would be better? The Ultra Dragon Lord Sabre or the Heavenly Blade of Transcendence. When there\'s so many weapons you wouldn\'t know what was expensive, or what was good, or what would be better.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

toadman31

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 12:07:44 am »
I agree with roguewolftamer\'s idea, but i think it should be done something like marrowwind. Where you have to know what effect the ingredent will have befour you can use it, and you skill level in i dunno what skill would tell what ingreadents you knew.

and as for kupeir\'s idea i think it wouldn\'t flood the market to much if it took quite a bit of skill to put the enhanchments on. and if it did flod the market who cares there should be lots of weapon choices in a game like this.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone  
                           ~~~~~~~Al Capone

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 12:52:25 am »
well if there were so many weapons you think the server could handle it? lets just say that everyone created their own type of weapon. What\'s the point of having unique weapons already made. There would be no use for pre-made weapons if they\'d just let us make our own weapons anytime we wanted to.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 08:36:25 am »
dude calm down on tryin to find a bad way to make our ideas come out, the pre-made ones are useful cause thats what gives the base of our modified weapons, and no what would strain the server more is the ammt of ppl on at a time, not how much data there is in the game, and if it does get to be too much a simple update will fix that im sure

as for how useful pre-made weapons are gonna be, since they provide a base, yes theres gonna have to be different types for each kind of blade, and when u find the best u wanna keep (maybe cause it looks cool or somethin), then u modify it through weapon customization

Watcher

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 11:27:26 am »
Kuiper7986 is right in a way, lets say you wanted to be a smither you couldn?t just sell all of your swords of to one person you would have to sell them to individual people because they only want one of that weapon so they can customize it.

Xelon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:07:54 pm »
either way i dont really like the idea of weapon customization :P
the man with the invisible sig picture

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 02:13:53 pm »
instead of limitless upgrading causing uber-weps to be made. instead only allow like 1-3 upgrades to a wep max.  this will allow some costomization but at the same time it will keep the smithy market from running too dry, or perhaps it requires a smith to put an upgrade into a weapon?

where there is light, there are shadows.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 03:27:16 pm »
Smiths will create the basic weapon. Enchanters could imbue the weapon with magic. Jewelers could decorate the weapon or increase its magical capacity by imbedding special gems into the item. Many job skills come into creating a great weapon, so it\'s not like it\'s gonna be easy to do it. And unless you have the right skills or job, you won\'t be able to make one.

Unique weapons won\'t be so customisable as to have completely user-defined properties, looks or skins... but you will probably have something like this:

Bob the experienced weaponsmith can create these kinds of swords:

Short sword
Rapier
Long sword
Claymore
Galkard

Jane the jeweler can embedd these gems onto bladed weapons:

Ruby
Diamond
Amythest
Topaz

Fred the enchanter can give items these special magical enhancements, providing they have some kind of gem embedded on them:

+5 damage
+10 damage
Triple criticals
Fire elemental damage
-30% weight

So, you could ask Bob to make you a simple Claymore, named \'Sturdy Claymore\'. You would then take the item to Jane and ask for 5 Rubies to be put on the hilt of the sword. The sword\'s name might then change to \"Sturdy Ruby-Encrusted Claymore\". Then Fred would be able to put 2 different enchantments on the sword, and you\'d end up with something like \"Sturdy +5 Fire Claymore\". The type of enchantment available could depend on the type and number of gems encrusted on the item.

All just examples of course. :P

-FoX-

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 05:25:48 pm »
First off.... Custom weapons would be sweet.. but the problem is the Lag... sure if u had a better computer would help but it would still lag the server. So their is that problem.

Second off...   The Trade thing  can be an issue, but if their is a trade menu and allowing the menu to have the item value  could  clear that.      Only problem with that is how would u set a value to that and having a trade menu causes alot of work and alot of bugs 9 out of 10 times.

Third off...       The multi Job thing would be ideal, you could make a better weapon but you would need multiple people, or it would take a ton of experiance and multi jobs to do that. which will be unlikeley so then of course you get other people to help you out  IE other guild members or something but problem is  Theft for that.    the more people your passing your  sweet weapon to the more chances its gonna become lost.  but i love the idea of that... even if the programmers want to throw in the \"fail to construct\" or \"your weapon has broken\"    would be good too.

Good idea dont get me wrong but it cant happen yet
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 05:30:24 pm by -FoX- »

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 05:57:33 pm »
tallimar, i didnt really mean limitless, sorry i shoulda said that but :S i forgot, i meant of something more like a limit on what u can do, like say only 4 mods to 1 stat, so lets say ppl can increase stats by +1 - +5, that means that the most experienced ppl would have to spend some expensive materials to boost it up, and then after u boost it up 4 times or so ur already found someone better then ur current weapon

something like that would be ok, but what the mod said sounds good as long as theirs a big variety of what u can add to it, and how u can make it look

like add some dragon scales (or from the closest mob relating to a dragon)