Author Topic: Disgusting Devil Destruction  (Read 235 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Disgusting Devil Destruction
« on: January 07, 2004, 05:02:44 pm »
In another post, Whemyfeild reminded me of something cool I thought of....

Imagine starting up your day in PS, heading to the latest posts to make sure you didn\'t miss anything.... then suddenly, you see a post in red, posted by the high council of Yliakum:

\"Attentions to all citizens, the city of Hydlaa is under seige by a monster invasion, no one knows how the monsters managed to breach the city walls, but any warriors willing, please head to Hydlaa and help repel this monster horde!!!\"  

You quickly sign on PS, you feel the ever familiar surge of glory that often befalls you before you totally escape reality... You whisper a prayer to your GeForce 9600+, you call upon the all mighty gods of AMD for strength, and you spawn....

What you last remeber, you were standing in the middle of the city plazaa, the fountain glistening in the light as a horde of giant lizards run amuck it, passing you by as they chase down a party of six mages. The echoes of sword to armour shatter the air as you open your eyes wider, the plaza is ovverun by battles left and right, there is hardly enough room to stand as you are pulled into a battle, a two-headed wolf pack has targeted you, you manage to attract the attention of one of the gaurds, Rabarttus, he dispaches the wolf with your aid, but you quickly note that he is one, but the monsters are many, large partys have been encircled by dragons and fire wyrms, goblins climb the walls, as they chase down newbies with overzealous gusto. This is chaos, and you know you must find a party, or lest the city guards leave you to the wolves.  You draw your sword and join the nearest party....

Wouldnt it be cool if every once in a blue moon, a city was overrun by monsters, thereby allowing the city to become a humongous battle ground where high-level monsters only chase after experienced players, or they just fly away when confronted by newbies, which will be rare, since goblins or low-level mobs will keep em busy.

Thereby giving all players who participated a reward, like money, or a magical item, or addtional skillpoints, or all of that. That could help the game feel more like it was alive and like any real world, in turmoil sometimes.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 05:39:37 pm »
It\'s be gr8 if I came out tops..... :D

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 07:57:17 am »
or we can do like diablo walks the earth :) in d2 that was fun,i rember a bug where you can get diablo to follow you in to town and he\'ll slaughter the npcs

and the praying should go like this
OH Mighty Gods of The Keyboard, Mouse and Joystick Grant me incrediable reflexes so i can BUNNY HOP !!! and marco !!! like never before !!!!
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 03:11:39 pm »
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!  That\'s such an original idea!  Someone only posts it every other day in a new thread!  Needs to be a single thread on this.  Still, some sort of event system would be really great.

You whisper a prayer to your GeForce 9600+,
Wow, where have you been shopping, 2040 A.D.  ;) ?
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.