Author Topic: Pretty cool ideas  (Read 1209 times)

Khaydra

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Pretty cool ideas
« on: April 14, 2002, 11:49:53 pm »
I was on here looking at the posts when I came up with some ideas they might be able to put in the game.

1) If you are bleeding, you should walk slower and/or feel dizzy.  If you are losing a lot of blood, it would be a cool idea to slowly lose life until you get it healed.
2)Get married and have kids.  When your kids grow up and get married and have kids, it would be neat to make a family name that can be passed on like this.
3)Pets.  There should be many different kinds of pets you can buy.  If you treat your pet badly, it will die fast.  You can train it to do things-go get something for you, attack a person.
4)Stars and planets.  There should be stars and planets that people can name.  There should also be comets.

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 06:19:32 am »
oke, here we go:

1) If you are bleeding, you should walk slower and/or feel dizzy. If you are losing a lot of blood, it would be a cool idea to slowly lose life until you get it healed.

Great idea. Sounds cool to me, maybe if you get a wound from certain monsters you will lose life faster (because they have diseases on their claws, and so the wound will bleed faster..  ?(  )

2)Get married and have kids. When your kids grow up and get married and have kids, it would be neat to make a family name that can be passed on like this.

Hmm.. nice, but who will play the kids? or will it just be npc\'s? hmm i dunno if i want to have ignoring, money eating, screaming npc\'s to be my kids.. (i just dont want kids :) )

3)Pets. There should be many different kinds of pets you can buy. If you treat your pet badly, it will die fast. You can train it to do things-go get something for you, attack a person.

This is still a good idea, and i think they will add this to the game.. (i thought they said something like it in another post)

4)Stars and planets. There should be stars and planets that people can name. There should also be comets.

Hmm we inside the earth, pretty tough to see the stars and planets if there is lots of earth above you, but maybe we could have stalagtithes (how the ..... do you write that?.. in dutch: stalagtieten of zo) that we can name...  ?(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2002, 06:40:19 am by alcapalis »
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 07:39:16 pm »
1) If you are bleeding, you should walk slower and/or feel dizzy. If you are losing a lot of blood, it would be a cool idea to slowly lose life until you get it healed.

This is how I think it should work:
You only lose HP when wounded after one of the following events happen...a) You get poisoned or infected (When, for example, a snake bites you, or you are hit by a poisoned weapon)
b) You are hit in a vital part (chest and head),  because I guess that a fighter would be able to keep fighting if he is cut or hit in an arm. This would also depend on how effective the hit was, a slight cut won\'t give you any trouble,  but a critical hit could seriously put your life in danger.

2)Get married and have kids. When your kids grow up and get marri

This would mean that our characters would grow older,  and eventually die (for good).  Besides, as Alcapalis said, who would play the children? It would make no sense to let them be NPCs, after a while, the city would be filled with little kids running around the streets.

3)Pets. There should be many different kinds of pets you can buy. If

It was mentioned that there was a POSSIBILITY to include guardian pets to protect your house.  But it is just that, a possibility.  I don\'t think they would be as helpful as some people claim they are,  neither I think they will go fetch the things you need (its not very realistic, you dont see a dog buying swords and food, do you?).

About the stars and planets thing, I think it is out of the question,  we all live in an underground city, remember?

That is the way I see it,  many people will disagree, I\'m sure of that.  But it is only my opinion.

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 08:44:16 pm »
1. Not a bad idea.  But i think bleeding to death shouldnt be in it, cause it would make a whole lot more people die a lot more often, and people would just hit someone to slow them down jsut to bother them, which could get really annoying
2. That could turn intresting.  Make an army of kid npcs. hehehe :P .
3. Pets is a good idea, but I just dont know if ity would be expensive to keep one healthy and maintain it, or be hard to teach it how to fight.

Khaydra

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 09:32:31 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  About the stars thing- It was like past midnight, and I wasn\'t thinking really straight, and i forgot that this was an underground city. :(

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2002, 10:03:57 pm »
Yo! You could train your  pet to go retrieve your body. It would have to take a while. but that\'d be neat :)
My old sig was taken by some alien forces just outside of Trinidad. Infidel! Never underestimate the power of stupid people! (In large groups)

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 11:13:00 pm »
Im against having to pick your corpse after you die. I see it as a waste of time, and doesnt add much to the Roleplaying part, in my opinion.

Lobsterman

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2002, 01:27:30 pm »
2)Get married and have kids. When your kids grow up and get married and have kids, it

why not? but there\'s no need for kids to be npc\'s. experienced adventurer could take care of a newbie, show him around and defend if necesary (or punish  X( ). he could also get some grants from government for that.

in return a \'child\' could be bounded to avenge parent if killed

...or something...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2002, 01:30:29 pm by Lobsterman »

Gion

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2002, 03:31:36 pm »
Pets are nice , but they should be hard to mantain.
Else you will end up with allot of pets running on the streets.

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2002, 06:25:32 am »
How about this?
When you get married in the game, you have the option of having kids or not. If you choose yes, then new people who join the game can have the option of whether to start out alone, or be \"born\" as somebody\'s kid. ;)

This way, like Lobsterman said, the experienced adventurers could take care of a newbie, (their \'child\')show him around and defend him if necessary.
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2002, 01:03:20 pm »
lol,
if you want to play a life sim then go play:\"the sims\"
i\'m sure that\'d be more to ur likings.
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2002, 02:32:31 am »
hehe, in actual fact, I DO have The Sims. It was pretty fun and I admit I liked it alot.

But couldn\'t this idea be implemented? It seems cool to me. :)
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Midivar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2002, 08:08:30 pm »
It *does* seem like a cool idea, if there are enough people who want to have kids. And who really wants to have a little demon screaming around the house!?

It *would* be a very cool and original idea of showing newbies around, as well as improving the role-playing aspect of it. That\'s very important, I think. I wouldn\'t want another brainless hack \'n slash game around.

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2002, 10:05:29 pm »
yeah the sims is a pretty addicting game.
but not that fun afterawhile.
i\'m pretty sure we will be able to train or charm animals in this game so you can practice animal charming or sum\'n. u don\'t need kids or a wife just get a pet dragon    :D  

and no perverted comments please (you know what i mean)  X(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2002, 10:06:14 pm by cmhitman »
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2002, 09:30:52 pm »
those are really cool ideas :) and would make the game realistic.. but the only thing is having kids? would they be NPCs or a friends account or what? also how would u get a kid in the game? just have an option when u marry or (ok i won\'t be sick) maybe u\'d have to pay money to get kids (hey they\'re expensive... and it would stop tons of homeless kids walking around)and pets would be great... if u\'ve been to the chat rooms everyone knows about my pet dragon giz :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2002, 09:33:36 pm by ratdudett »