Author Topic: Before creation, there was Vod?l  (Read 694 times)

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
Before creation, there was Vod?l
« on: March 09, 2004, 11:12:34 pm »
Once there was a time of darkness. This darkness consumed all, enslaved all, and was all. The time was one not of depression, love or spite. It simply was not time at all. The space was dark as ebony and seemed to reach untill there one could reach no more. It was how it had always been, nothing existed, nothing stirred. That is untill HE came.
A great light, brighter, larger and more majestic than any light before or ever after beckoned through the darkness. It cut so easily into it that this once forbidding place became forbidding no more.
He called himself Vod?l. And all he created worshipped him because simply nothing existed before him. There was nothing and wouldnt be anything so nothing could ever strip his power, or so he thought. Vod?l created, he love the idea, the feeling and anything he created, he loved. The light that shone from his love was almost as bright as the very day he beckoned the darkness away, that now almost infinate time ago.
But there was one thing that was not right in his great kingdom.
There was no time. Nothing aged, in fact creation was instant and was never moved again. Vod?l knew that this would lead to aging, and that his beloved creations would soon wither and die, but he knew that before anything greater than he had ever dreamed could be created, aging of his old creatures (and eventually death) would have to happen.
And so in one mighty flash time was brought to his creatures and everything that surrounded them. At first his creatures did not understand, and while some rebeled at the notion that their master was withering them they understood he knew best and loved him, for before him there was nothing. They were equally sure that anyone that challenged him would be nothing, one way or another.
So creatures came and went under his rule. And one day Vod?l created what he called, his masterpeice. He called it Ylakium. Ylakium was not like his other creations however. He often misbehaved and threw fits at the creations. But Vod?l loved him just the same and that day his love for ylakium burned brighter for Ylakium than any of his other creations. The other creations took notice of this and soon grew jelous. \"He throws fits and the master loves him more than any of us!\" One creature brought up. \"He will be the death of us all\"
Vod?l was wise and he saw almost instantly his mistake in loving ylakium more than his other creations. Solemnly he knew he had made a mistake and he told all of the creatures \"You see that I have loved Ylakium more than any of you. I am truely sorry that it must be this way, but although I am infinate in power, there is one thing I cannot control, and that is my love\" The creatures gasped and wispered about his admitance to his love that he himself could not controll. \"However, many of you still bitter in your withering bodies still remember that fatefull day when I created time, and wish that you still would not wither and age. Therefore I will make those who wish to live forever, live and those who do not I will let you wither and age untill your death\" The creatures stirred once more and accepted. Some went on with infinate life and were called \"gods\". The others who wished to die were called \"planets\"
Ylakium young in age, was not old enough to decide, so Vod?l seeing that his love for ylakium was too great, choose for him that he would be a planet. Vod?l would see his second mistake many years later...

It had now been some ages since the creation of Ylakium and Ylakium was very strong and in the prime of his life. He was rebelous as always and lived in almost banishment from his father. His father almost feared ylakium in  way, he was the only thing he could not control by emotion, and now an increasing factor, in physical strength. Ylakium often asked why he was choosen to be a \"planet\" and he loathed his father for that and the lack of time spent with his father. He loved his father, but the more he loved him the farther he seemed to be. His father of course never answered why he was a planet and he wanted to keep it that way. He would make sure of that.
Ylakium lived in somewhat happiness, he played with the other planets and hated the gods. He had a strong hate that he couldnt be one of them no matter what. One day he talked to the other planets. \"why do we age while the gods live forever? Why are we banished to wither away while they loom over us, ever watching us?\" The planets agreed. They were stronger than the gods, yet they seemed to be owned by the gods, and the gods sure to brag over their infinate life. One day the planets had enough of this blasphemy as they called it. They were tired of living under rule, under these false powers.
One day the planets confronted Vod?l and said to him, \"Give us the fruits of infinate life, or we will kill your \'gods\'!\" Vod?l was suddenly afraid for the first time in existance. This fear soon turned to rage. With one mighty movement he felled all that opposed him to their knees. \"You fools! You all choose to wither and die!\" \"We never knew that you would give the gods so much power!\" the \'planets\' soon responded. \"I never choose to be a planet, father. Why have you banished me? I have loved you more than any other and yet you distance yourself... Why dont you love me?\" Ylakium inquired his father... Vod?l still in rage cast down Ylakium once more. Vod?l then turned his back and walked away from ylakium. A tear fell from Ylakiums eye. The silence was as empty as the time before Vod?l made his kingdom. But suddenly there was one sound. A sound of pain, anguish and fury. It grew louder, louder and when it seemed that it could grow no more, indeed it grew louder. It came from ylakium. He ran towards his father full of rage, blind with hatred he felled his father in one blow.
His father kneeled silently. He stood in ackwardness. His own son, his greatest creation, the one thing he loved more than anything, had thrown a blow so great that even he was felled. His father knew what he had to do. Although he loved ylakium very much he could no longer exist.
He raised his hand and all of the planets took a obscure sphere form. He then heaved them to far reaches of his kingdom and put much darkness in between them to prevent them from ever conspiring again. And once he had heaved ylakium he gathered all of his rage that he had once felt. This hate took form of a flat, clear crystal, clearer than anything, yet more brillant in shimmer. He heaved it at Ylakium with much force. It penetrated ylakiums surface. Then he took the much love he felt for Ylakium and it took form in a crystal similar to its brothren but much larger and longer. He also heaved this into the surface of Ylakium.
And so that was the way it was for many years. Shortly after the resistance of the planets, Vod?l created many different planes, different levels on existance for him to create on, and he took the gods and put them into a seperate plane, while he himself went on to the furthermost and highest plane of existance.

Ok im gonna make more of this later. Only gotta make a conclusion. *whew* took me a long time so i just wanted to get the feedback from you guys. Sorry for the long read (sort of :P) hope ya like it!

hevrah1

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:04:07 pm »
The story is great but it may cause a few \'religious\'arguments.That would be my only worry.Keep it up sounds great i look forward to the next one.
hevrah
Guardian of the temple

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:26:49 pm »
thank you finally some feedback. well i read the history in the main site VERY thouroughly and I made this story the best i could from the knowlege i gained from it. I even stayed true that the fact that Vodul was the god of time and space. This seemed like the overrulling god so i thought i might as well make a story about him. I did Ylakium as the story first because well we all live on it. As soon as i get some official names of other planets i will tell thier stories and maybe some stories on the gods as soon as i get some info on them. Untill then I will continue writing about ylakium.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:29:04 pm »
Excellent story, Whemy. :))
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 05:31:47 pm »
I like. Permission to use stuff from your story please.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 05:54:49 pm »
granted karakth. its exactly what i want. we need some basis to start all the lore and history on. if we dont have some common place to start on everything will clash and seem very unprofessional.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 07:31:09 pm »
*Goes off to write in lorebook*
*Goes off to write about Aliathi in lorebook*
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

The Gumster

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 10:39:44 am »
great stuff whemy, only isnt it spelled Yliakum? or am i just blabbering? anyways, keep up the good work :)

you cant see it with your eyes, hold it with your hand, like the wind it covers all land, this thing called love.
It can lift you up never put you down, take your world and turn it all around.
Ever since time nothings ever been found
thats stronger than love