Author Topic: A few weapons  (Read 686 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
A few weapons
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:00:10 pm »
These are a few weapons that I have drawn.
Please note the Hand Hammer, Bronze Staclite Hammer, and the Diamond Long Hammer. Those are more original in design and new styles I would like implemented.

Depending on response, I\'ll post some more Detalied pics of more Planeshift naturalistic weapons. Also some ideas for Kran, Nothilor and Diabolai weaponry. Oh, Also those weapons will not be exclusive to a race, just made by. (Although it would be nice to see a bonus if weilded by the particular race)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 08:01:43 pm by Harwen »

Wynona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 09:47:26 pm »
Well, well, well.  Its about time.  I hope weapons like these can be incorporated into Planeshift.  That would be great to kill something with a weapon other than swords(or a beer mug).  I really like the idea of the scythe too, very unique Harwen!  Yeah, Planeshift Devs need to hook ole Wynona up with one od those double sword staffs:)

Half_Pint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 11:59:44 pm »
Awesome job with the drawings, and great ideas!  I like all of them, but that bronze stactlite hammer is my favourite.  I wouldn\'t say no to one of those...  :D

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 12:33:59 am »
Thanks alot Wynona, Half_Pint (long time no see). I do enjoy the kookyness of the Hammer, hehe, I plan to theme a few weaps out of the staclite theme.  :D

And so I can further explain the drawings, which I should have done before.

The bronze staclite hammer  is an attempt to incorporate the staclite design, as well as the materials of the Bronze Doors.

The Diamond Long Hammer  is made out of rough diamond and the handle is out of the strongest, most versitile wood in Ylaikum.

Both are strictly two-handed and pack quite a punch for what they\'re worth.

The falchion is just a doodle of a real-life falchion, though the double and single sword staves are of my own design, though they do exist. The Scythe is in the standard, realistic shape, though the blade is exaggerated in a sickle shape.

The Hand Hammer Is a single-handed hammer that a Hammer Weilder may use two of, to pummel an opponent to bits. Though such a weapon might be just as effective on a Ywynn, Kran or just about anyone who minds the weight.  :]

The hand sickle, and two-handed axe is just a few weapons that you don\'t really see in games, there\'s another but I keep forgetting to add it, I will soon, after my inspirational burst of ideas thumbs down a bit :D

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 01:01:17 am »
Hate to double-post, but I like to separate my pics.

Here, we have a few adaptions of weapons I think would be most suited for Nothilor, since I would imagine they must fight under water, and presumably well since I\'ve seen a few excellent drawings of underwater monsters...quite scary ones. So I took aquadynamics and availiable resources into consideration. Also, I went for a swim in my pool today, and imagined how hard it would be to weild a claymore under water, much less a hammer or bow.

My personal favourite is the Clamshell Foil, simple, yet efficient, lightweight, fast and characteristic of a fast, agile swordfish. The clamshell is for drawing the water away from the hand, and to add a little sheilding, plus I never saw a foil without a handguard.

The Pear Javelin isn\'t really much of a long-ranged weapon, as it is for short-ranged, to melee throwing. The keel shape of the blade, lets it cut straight through the water, and the ribbed stabilizer scallop shell keeps it from yaw and pitch.  

The Guard Hermit Spear, is made out of metal, and Hermit crab shells with a seaweed tassle at the tip for distraction. The shell guards near the business end for balance and adds defense.

The trident is classic as an aquatic weapon, though I find a bit of traditionalism is always nice.

The Crabclaw cutlass is a bit for the ougher Nothilor who don\'t mind the weight, and uses a crabclaw to help the blade speed up while slashing down.

A variation on the blade uses shark teeth to saw through, um, just about everything :D

And finally the Pear Clambeshell Buckler is a small sheild that sacrifices defense for freedom of motion.

I hope you like these too.   :]

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 03:03:49 am »
Yay sourceart!  Sure I can find something I wanna work on here now...
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 07:43:00 pm »
Here are a few Kran-made weapons.

Well, after accidentally deleting my post, I\'m a little irked
 about explaining all the weapons again, but I\'ll try.

Volcanic Broadsword, made out of volcanic glass and
stone, not very well balanced, but powerfull to boot. Hand and a half.

Crystal Great Axe, deviation of traditional metal axe to a
 more primative, yet efficient design. I would imagine
the Kran could find a crystal formation that could rival
the finest steel. Two handed.

Shale Axe, Same, naturalistic design as the crystal great
axe, but with a heavier business end, and a shorter
handle. One-handed.

Shale Spear, a short heavy spear tipped with a sharp,
and honed crystal.

Emerald hammer, yet another simplistic, but efficient
design that would appeal to the tools a Kran might
have in its surroudings.

Flint Shield, a simple plate of light-weight flint with metal
 bands to provide an arm-hold.

Diabolai and Demorian weapons coming soon, though I
must take time with the other races, since I don\'t plan
on making the design itself, but rather researching
symbols on the Symbols make Planeshift better post,
and making roughs on the ornamental designs of
shields, and such. Since the less naturalistic weapons
will be the hardest to draw, when I eventually get into
detail more so.  :P

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 09:12:19 pm »
You have some good ideas Harwen...someone should model them...

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 12:46:56 pm »
Thanks Icefalcon, Wedge seems interested :D

I\'d do it myself, but I doubt I\'m very good at it, plus I can\'t afford MAX. I\'ll prolly crack open my Anim8or. That is unless someone knows a better program. :D