Author Topic: What about the ?Halflings??  (Read 1022 times)

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
What about the ?Halflings??
« on: May 09, 2004, 08:36:01 am »
No I am not talking about hobbits, I am talking about people born of two races in Yliakum. I got the idea from this pic by Mogura:
Originally posted by Mogura (Here)

I thought it looked like he had a Klyros as a distant relative. Since all the races are humanoid they are probably compatible except for Kran I would think.

I would like to open this as a general discussion just for fun...

Kran: \"Kid, your a chip off the old block.\"

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 09:21:11 am »
Halfling = What you referred to as \'hobbits\'
Halfbreed = A child born to parents from two diffrent races.

There are halfbreeds in PS, check the Setting section in the site.
And I don\'t think this drawing got anything to do with Kylros...
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:54:30 am »
there will be a good explanation on how shadow-sep exists ext....soon

also the whole no manhood part....Imagin the skin he has can be formed into any shape and can become hollow like a ghost visual but not phisical.... in other words he chooses not to have them visible in this form since it causes a means to get an attack in...... confusing untill stuff is done...*nods and flys away*

rumblebelly

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 11:29:56 am »
i like the idea of being able to choose a halfbreed.
i think it would be great if you could mix n match your char....
then you would be able to have mixed stat\'s for your char (dream\'s of a dwarf that has wing\'s and can fly)
that would bring a whole new use fer the mystic gas o rumblebelly har har har  :D
if man didn't take chance's the moon would still be made of cheese  8)

Fiere

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 11:34:01 am »
Looks a bit like a possible Klyros/Enkidukai if you want to see it as a half-breed,but thats not what Mogura intended.

I don\'t think the game needs anymore races right now but its fun to make em up anyway :D

Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan[/FONT]
Follow me into Darkness

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 12:19:53 pm »
SaintNuclear: thanks I missed that part of the website. *Starts Reading?*

Btw: That pick is something Mogura did of Seperot, I just remembered it, I read so much about different fan art yesterday I forgot!

Rumblebelly: I was sort of thinking of giving other races wing since I think only Klyros has them to my knowledge, maybe spells like ?Sprout Wings? / Magic Items could do some fun stuff like that, probably not.

Fiere: Ya, sorry Mogura. But we can get some new Ideas on fan art, (although I am not a good artist) I think that maybe some NPC?s should be like this being Halfbreeds & beside it?s really fun to think about!..

What about Kran who look like other races, like a Stone Enkidukai or something would be need to look @ lol! Maybe it was a statue come to life by the Kran?

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 02:37:27 pm »
Too bad krans don\'t have genders...maybe they reproduce asexually... ?(

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 03:40:47 pm »
I?d say the have a certain time in there life that they are ready to procreate, so they enter a rock face & somehow out comes too of them or something? ? Man my eamil notices are about 45 mins late? wonder what?s up?

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 04:03:36 pm »
Aren\'t the Ynnwn half-breeds?  And anyway, supposedly the offspring of two different races (in PS, at least) ends up with the racial characteristics of either the mother or the father, there is no mixing.  (besides, 1/8 diaboli, 1/8 nolthrir, 1/2 ylian and 1/4 enkidukai would give artists a headache, not to mention the rules team.)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:27:05 pm »
Yes the Ynnwn are halfbreeds between a diabolo and an elf. I think other halfbreeds would get to be too complicated to code. Im happy with what we got. We have 12, yes 12, different races to choose from, that a pretty wide selection if you ask me.

Slayer87

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 07:05:09 pm »
its a wider selection than some games but yet, each character has multipul classes, like BG2 u can hav multiclass chatacters or dual class, wud b quiet good if there was same sort of thing on PS as well

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 07:13:43 pm »
PS won\'t have classes.
You can decide that your char will invest more in strength than magic stuff, and you can call it whatever you want, but there will be nothing that says it\'s class is Warrior or something.
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 11:08:14 am »
Why is there no human/elf half-breed? Mix between Human and elf is relatively common, so they should definitly be included. It shouldn\'t be too hard to do either since Half-elfs and humans looks almost the same. It\'s just the ears and the stats that differ, so that shouldn\'t be a problem.

Would be nice to see later in game :)

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 10:05:44 pm »
Thats probable exactly the reason we dont have half-elves...too similar.

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 10:43:30 pm »
the world of yliakum is fairly new so there hasnt been much chance for breeding to take place (maybe)
also, there may be strong racism in yliakum so people see people who love another from a different race as \'unclean\' and they are throwen down the garbage holes to fall for all eternity

or maybe its too complicated and no one can be bothered :rolleyes:

plus the devs have already stated that the current races are going to be the ONLY ones available to play as (for the next couple of eternities)