Author Topic: Embarressing Moments  (Read 375 times)

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Embarressing Moments
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:44:57 pm »
Every once in a while, I\'m sitting here, and the worst moment of my life pops into my head. So I\'m posting it. Maybe that will help.

I was at a Bar Mitzvah party. The dude was lighting candles, and having family light candles. Then he said, \"This candle is for [insignificant names], who couldn\'t be with us today.\" So I said, a bit too loudly, considering everyone else was reverently silent, \"Let\'s make fun of them while they\'re not here!\" It was dumb. Then someone decided then they could tell me that they aren\'t here, because they are dead. And one of them happened to be my good friend\'s sister. Now I thought they just couldn\'t show up or something. Why couldn\'t he say, \"I\'m lighting this candle for the dead dudes, [insignificant names].\" Dammit.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 10:51:36 pm »
I can\'t decide if it is good news that you are exactly like your forum self in r/l or bad news that you are like your r/l self here on the forums...  ;-)

That is one painful story dude... and should be a lesson to all you people out there who can\'t keep their mouth shut when a troll-like comments pops into their heads. :-)

- Venge

Kintall

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 01:45:51 am »
I have a worse one, its not me but I was unlucky enough to see it happen:

when I was in high school a hirl in my class was absent for close to 2 months, when she returned she was wearing this beanie with a HUGE smiley face on it, so another classmate lets call him \"Morris\" decided to steal her hat as his way of welcoming her back..  she was bald underneath, so morris then proceded to make fun of her about her new haircut, calling her Sinead (O\'connor) and so on..

afer a few minutes of this she spoke up, and in a loud and clear voice said to Morris :\"I have cancer\"  

the silence was deafening

horrifying yet facinating to watch, like a car acident:)

Gods of spelling, I stand AGAINST YOU!

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
omg
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 02:09:59 am »
I wouldnt want to be in either of those situations...I think making fun of dead is one of the worst things one can do, especialy when you do in front of other people who knows the person...

ok heres my story! Its something that happened my friend when he slept at my house.
Me and my friend came home a late night after a party and I told him that he could take my bed, upstairs, and that id sleep downstairs on a matrass.
Me and my mother have a good relationship and are not embarrased towards one another. So in the morning my mother came in to my room completely naked and was gonna wake me up, when she saw my friend sitting in my bed, reading a comic book. He looked at her in shock while my mother started to walk backwards out of the room like somebody had pressed the rewind button. My friend never ate breakfast with us that day :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:26:35 am by TheRedMonk »

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 02:37:08 am »
I like this thread. (except for RedMonk\'s post)
I have two moments to share.

Moment 1:

In high school, a girl (who was a friend) and myself were trying to decide which of her class pictures I could keep.  It sounded like she described one of the pictures as \"sleazy\" so I stupidly agreed, \"yep, sure is sleazy, that\'s one sleazy picture, sleeeeazy\" or something to that effect.  It turned out that she had really said \"tease-y\" (which in retrospect isn\'t even a word).  I felt incredibly dumb when she realized I was using the wrong word.  How embarrassing for me and insulting to her.

Moment 2:

I was at my grandfathers funeral with my family.  After some time (and with all due respect) boredom set in.  I attempted to organize a game of cards but we were one player short.  I went to my cousin to fill the position.  She declined.  As this answer was unacceptable, I pursued her and politely demanded that she participate in cards.  She, still bent on refusing, asked, \"why me?\"  To which I replied, \"Because you\'re ALIVE!\"  Now, unbeknownst to me, the volume of my voice had risen to the level of nearly shouting, and to make things worse, my grandmother was sitting just off to my right, no doubt shocked.  Suffice to say, I decided not to play cards.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 03:40:12 am by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 03:35:14 am »
once when i  was hmm 8 i think i rode my bike down a steep hill needless to say i lost control, hit a curb thingy while pressing the brakes and some how due to physics i did a 180 and landed in to the drain with the bike ontop of me :D after that id stop rideing for a year :D

another time when i was 11 i accidently ran into a glass door and made a hole about the size of a basket ball as my knees hit 1st ... i fell on my back and there were  huge deep cuts on both of my legs spilling blood i was like \"whoa \" then i got sent to a hospital and sticthed up
the next day i was up and walking but not runing (lesson to be learnt :safety glass is hard )
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 03:36:35 am by snow_RAveN »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Uyaem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 04:39:02 am »
When I was 8 I left a friend\'s house and took the shortcut through the subterranean garage. The light was on, but I found the gate to be closed. I wanted to go back, take the regular exit but the door I came through before had closed in the meantime and needed a key to reopen. I headed back for the gate hoping to find a switch somewhere. When I reached the middle of the garage the lights went out, leaving me stumbling around blindly.
A whole hour had passed until someone came and opened the door.
The internet is "the terrorists'" most important weapon, they say.
Wrong.
Fear is their most important weapon.
Ours is our freedom.

dorbian

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Yeah no not for me that is...
    • View Profile
    • Mindless Insanity
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 05:05:34 am »
Here\'s my story.

When i was like 14 and i was at school one of my friends fell under the train, he was torn to 4 pieces ( not a pretty sight ).
about a week later his funeral was and 2 months later the stone for his grave would come.
but the mother of the kid made a mistake while writing the words down, while she was talking to the man that would engrave it the wrote down rest in pieces instead rest in piece, shocked as the man was after hearing the story, he was even more shocked when he read the words.

But because it was his job he engraved it on the stone and he delivered it as promised.

The mother made a revision that would take 2 months while this stone had to stand there, but she never forgave herself that error.