Author Topic: Coolness beyond belief  (Read 2255 times)

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 12:03:35 pm »
I don\'t think a survey is necessary at all, the results will become pretty obvious once the release comes out :P Hack-n-Slash gaming is addicting, power leveling is addicting these days everyone just wants to be the best at everything , have the highest levels and the most bling bling in everything! I see very few people who just want to roleplay like actually roleplay instead of ok lets go raid the tunnels and look for the bad guys, kil them, take the treasure, buy l33t armor and repeat this scenario to get more bling and more exp!

XpYtZ

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 12:07:35 pm »
I  think he only meant to say that a lot of the more recent entries into the PS noob of the month club have been overtly well, n00b.
If it draws some off I?m good with that, less people for the die hard Role Players among us to police. Besides it gives those of us with no interest in other games an advantage ;)

<< beat me?! 8o ...why you... >>

Mage of Darkness

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 09:13:31 pm »
tygerwilde dude i want a girl that likes games with me that would kick bum ( sry for like of profanity i felt the WTBs might not like it)

upon entry leave your shoes.....dont want them dirty after i kill you = P

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 12:24:20 am »
Hey back to Giuld Wars is it free as in I have to buy it but don\'t have to pay per month, or is it free in general.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 12:35:11 am »
I think it\'s a free, you have to buy the game but no monthly fee, then of course with Planeshift, no need to worry about that.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 02:28:49 am »
Pah. I get more fun playing MB than I did guild wars.

Rodon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 05:05:26 am »
I wonder if u know ? GW it\'s a game with a strong team behind. NcSoft. With great games yet released:

Lineage, Lineage2, City of Heroes and so on..

And the graphics ?? omg it was \"breathtaking\". Never seen before in a MMORPG.

I like it very much, but it was just an alpha release, without leveling (all players capped at lvl 15), without trade abillities and many more \"without\".

And a last thing, if i\'m not wrong, in NcSoft team is  Richard Garriot aka \"Lord British\", i\'m wrong ?
No i\'m not

PS
Take a look at Tabula Rasa and Exarch
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 06:24:39 am by Rodon »

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 05:10:00 am »
Yes, GuildWars is a commercial game that you must purchase to play.  And no, there will not be a monthly fee.  The company, ArenaNet (sound like BattleNet?), plans to release expansion packs for the game every 6 to 9 months which you are not required to purchase, but you can if you want the new content.

There are some wonderful articles on the http://www.arena.net website too.  I recommend checking them out.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 10:14:15 am »
Saw some screenshots and I am getting even more excited to play it! I played Final Fantasy 11 last night, figured id go play it at my friends house before purchasing! DAmn it was sweet! Except my friend was this little teddy bear guy who was a black mage :P I definately going for advanced white mage or some sort of advanced warrior!

P.S Maze Makers blow but give good EXP!

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 11:39:02 am »
Originally posted by Xordan
GW sucked so bad.... You couldn\'t even make a guild. Lots of the game is solo area, and the chat was awful coz it was so buggy. It may be better in a later version, but I probably won\'t get it.

That\'s what you get when playing in the alpha :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have great faith in GW, and I\'m not sure wether to play that, daoc or wow. It\'s going to be a tough fall.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 01:48:10 pm »
actually, from what I read, the new content will mostly be streamed to you directly as you play, like the monthly patches you get in other games, but without the wait.
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Mage of Darkness

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 02:20:30 pm »
yes that is true its all streamed instead of having a large download for patches every so often they fix it themselves and it is totally streamed to you instead of haveing to wait.  :D

upon entry leave your shoes.....dont want them dirty after i kill you = P

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 05:34:05 pm »
I hate the streaming thing. Every time I go into an area I have to download and then load everything! Why can\'t they just put everything in folders inside the game\'s folder like normal games instead of making us download each area again and again?

Sure, it could be good when they update stuff in the client, but why do I have to download a whole area every time even when it\'s unchanged instead of downloading only the part that got changed and have everything in a folder?

And it\'s not like it saves hd space or something, it all goes to the temp folder.
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

Barugon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2004, 10:29:36 pm »
No Linux client, so it automatically gets the thumbs down from me.
Two words: \"make menuconfig\"!

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2004, 01:09:44 am »
No SaintNuclear.  No no no bad wrong no.

Once you download new content, you keep it.  It does not go away to save harddrive space like a temp folder.
If you return to an already visited area and find it taking a little longer to load, it\'s because there is additional new content.

Loading was unbelievably fast during E3 because the content had already been streamed once.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 01:11:57 am by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.