Author Topic: Addictions  (Read 831 times)

dorbian

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Yeah no not for me that is...
    • View Profile
    • Mindless Insanity
Addictions
« on: May 21, 2004, 04:44:29 am »
I\'m wondering what kind of addictions ( legal ones so not cocaine or crack ) people know, and have themselves.

some of the unknown addictions are :

-Sugar ( it is in almost all the products you buy and it is  physicly addictive )
-Internet ( highly underestimated but really mentally addictive )
-Coffee ( your body wants the cafeine to keep itself awake, people can get serious problems if they stop drinking it )

and the known ones are :

-Smoking ( Nicotine is an addictive product )
-Alcohol ( Alcohol is pretty addictive also )
-Gambling ( the possibility of winning is giving people an adrenaline rush and they are willing to spend more and more to be able to win, it\'s a mental addiction )

now if you know any other addictions not listed here and they are legal, and i don\'t mean hard drugs, i\'d like to know them.

Uyaem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 04:58:05 am »
Of those you mentioned there, i definitaly have:
- Internet addiction (Well, why else would I hang here so much? :P)
- Coffee (You know: A programmer is a device that converts coffee into source code)
- Smoking (Managed to get that into strict limits again. :) )

I definately have not
- Alcohol (I enjoy a few casual beers, usually on Fridays or Saturdays. I wouldn\'t want to let that go, although imho that does not qualify as an addiction.)
- Gambling (That in fact never tempted me, not even a bet among friends)

I\'m uncertain about:
- Sugar (Well I think everyone sometimes feels this need for something sweet, chocolate, whatever. Addiction or just a need of a body? Hard to tell. The human body can maintain its function without most substances considered a \'drug\' (like the above mentioned \'nicotine\' or \'alcohol\'), however it can\'t exist without sugar.)
The internet is "the terrorists'" most important weapon, they say.
Wrong.
Fear is their most important weapon.
Ours is our freedom.

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 05:08:18 am »
I don\'t know the law...besides it differs around the globe...

And there\'s other stuff in chocolate(etc) that addicts and makes you wanna have some. The choc* molecule is very similar to the one of nicotine...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 05:10:00 am by lynx_lupo »
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 06:18:24 am »
Internet, definately.

dorbian

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Yeah no not for me that is...
    • View Profile
    • Mindless Insanity
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 06:21:03 am »
but you guys don\'t know any other addictions next to these ? i know there are more then these just can\'t come up with them atm

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 07:12:59 am »
addictions to:
- food
- TV
- spending
- work
- sex
- rage
- attraction
- music

I might have the internet and music ones :P
AKA Skald

Jehoel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:14:43 am »
-coffee
-music
-internet
-certain persons/people *wink wink*

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 10:05:08 am »
-Cocoa cola/pepsi (I drink atleast at a minium one case a day that might explain how my Insominia is getting worse!)
-Internet (I\'ve been on computer ever since the good old days of Floppy Floppy Discs and DOS only! Internet was a gift from god!!
-Finally I am not proud to admit it but I do have a addiction to  shrooms...their not addicting in the sense theres something in it that pulls me its just the feeling...

TheTaintedSoul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 10:45:40 am »
Originally posted by Draklar
addictions to:
- food
- TV
- spending
- work
- sex
- rage
- attraction
- music

I might have the internet and music ones :P

Hm i think i am addicted to food. I tried living without it but after a week i couldn\'t help myself when i passed the bakery. Im going to try again starting tomorrow.

Also internet and sex are serious addictions with me, hopefully i can be cured somehow...
If your opponent is willing to die for his cause, he and you have the same goal set in mind.

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 11:53:53 am »
Let\'s see...
Tabasco (it ups the endrophins)
Internet
Games

Now, I wouldn\'t call it an addiction, because it\'s actually a lack of something wich makes me sensitive to it. But whatever. I\'m very sensitive to salt.
My parents used to put too much salt on stuff, so I got pissed off and made them either put absolutely no salt, or a bit when it\'s needed.
This made me so sensitive to salt that I can\'t even drink mineral water, they\'re just too salty for me 8o
Luckily the tap water here go through really tight checks, and got less harmful stuff in them than mineral water even without filterizing, and they taste better too.
So it\'s kinda an addiction to no-salt, I guess :P
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

Rulzern

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 05:58:29 pm »
I\'m addicted to Coca-Cola and Endless Ages, preferrably at the same time. :p
Thanks a lot Venge...

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 06:08:13 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
-Cocoa cola/pepsi (I drink atleast at a minium one case a day that might explain how my Insominia is getting worse!)
-Internet (I\'ve been on computer ever since the good old days of Floppy Floppy Discs and DOS only! Internet was a gift from god!!
-Finally I am not proud to admit it but I do have a addiction to  shrooms...their not addicting in the sense theres something in it that pulls me its just the feeling...

An addiction to carbonated beverages is dangerous!

My Addictions:
-Internet
-I can\'t stop eating candy if it\'s there. :P
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 09:17:31 pm »
I know it is it should be protested against just like ciggarretes! Or maybe not because Internet is dangerous to is contributes to fat people (nothing wrong with fat people! GOT LOVE THE FATTIES(Im serious!!))

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 09:32:15 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I know it is it should be protested against just like ciggarretes! Or maybe not because Internet is dangerous to is contributes to fat people (nothing wrong with fat people! GOT LOVE THE FATTIES(Im serious!!))

Not so much as the other lifestyle factors associated with being overweight.

Anyway, I can think of another addication for ya\'s:
-Anime.

It\'s becoming a more common one. :P
...scares me sometimes though.
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 10:51:52 pm »
I like (addicted) to 1) anything with caffiene in it. 2) PC games and mods and just video games in general.  and last and most 3) my faith.