Author Topic: Cvs Fun.  (Read 9382 times)

Arberar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2004, 06:28:04 pm »
Seriously though, the next release of the game is neeeeeearly out. True, still a couple of weeks (Talad returns in 9 days, then they\'ll need some time to get things in motion),

posted by mogura on 12.08.2004 on the technical problem forum under the topic: nothing happens

there goes your theorie Karakth :)

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2004, 06:47:01 pm »
When it comes to game releases, you\'re either pessimistic or disappointed ^^
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

ForteX

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2004, 07:44:35 pm »
Soooo... CB is coming out the end of this month/start of the next month?...damn...
Why have the gods cursed me with 3 mmorpgs at the same time!?!? NOOOO... During my vacation none of them were out T_T
*kicks a can...
the can rolls and hits a blind old lady...
She pokes the guy next to her, thinking he was kicking her...
He pushes a guy on the road and a car runs over both of them... The old lady has a heart attack. All because of a cursed can*

Bloodluth, proud member of the Mercenary Guild
Currently looking for active members to join the guild.
Mercenary Guild Website

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2004, 08:15:53 pm »
Originally posted by karakth
When it comes to game releases, you\'re either pessimistic or disappointed ^^

Yes, but you really don\'t have to ruin it for anyone else...hope keeps us hanging on. :P

ForteX

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2004, 08:22:19 pm »
I have learned to be very pessimist with CB release date. That way, if it arrives before my prediction, I get all happy and dizzy. Seeing the CVS I can *almost* taste cb (bleargh, keyboard taste!).

*** 2004-08-17 by Jorrit Tyberghein
- Finally compiled CB and I am readying the file for distribution. Should be ready by tomorrow.

Gotcha! hehe ^^\"
Sorry about that. :roll:

Anyway, good jog devs, the constant update of the cvs makes everyone happy.

Bloodluth, proud member of the Mercenary Guild
Currently looking for active members to join the guild.
Mercenary Guild Website

Yarulion

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 09:47:50 pm »
Originally posted by ForteX
*kicks a can...
the can rolls and hits a blind old lady...
She pokes the guy next to her, thinking he was kicking her...
He pushes a guy on the road and a car runs over both of them... The old lady has a heart attack. All because of a cursed can*

DAMN what a slippery slope...

Originally posted by Levski
Where did you find all those CVS lines Yarulion?  I didn\'t see them in the recent news... So Karakth, maybe he was just quoting old news?

To be honest I thought I\'d get something no one else would look at (I\'m all about originality.) The lines I was looking at were taken from the history about the time I joined the game - late Sept./early Oct. 2003.
Firiath! ?-idhren! ?-vatha i brestanneth?
Ir tolthach e-m?r, dangweth avo telitha anech!
Man agorathach?
Ir m?r dhanna, gostathach di-nguruthos!

The Alliance of Carceri[/SIZE]

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2004, 11:39:36 pm »
Originally posted by Levski
You\'re such a bright little ray of sunshine Karakth :).

Where did you find all those CVS lines Yarulion?  I didn\'t see them in the recent news... So Karakth, maybe he was just quoting old news?

- Added a call to PrecacheDraw() every time a region is loaded. This greatly reduces the appearance of \'lag\' during playing because all objects are already precached. Results in much smoother gameplay experience.

Not really funny, but thank you Jorrit! :)  This will be stored in RAM or with temporary files?  I hope its temporary files...

It is not really a cache in the sense of something that needs memory to store. It is just that the first time an object is rendered CS needs to do some setup on that object (i.e. setting up lightmaps and stuff). However, if you do this on PS levels then you have the effect that lots of objects are only setup when they come into view the first time and this may cause hickups. The PrecacheDraw() function I added to CS simply forces CS to do this setup at startup already so that when the object needs to be rendered it is already setup.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 05:44:28 am »
Hmm although that would make for longer loading times I\'m guessing...Ah well, longer loading times is better than low FPS. Thanks Jorrit :)
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2004, 06:09:45 am »
Hmm although that would make for longer loading times I\'m guessing...Ah well, longer loading times is better than low FPS. Thanks Jorrit :)

It actually doesn\'t increase the load time that much. Only a few seconds maximum per map that needs to be loaded (usually less then a second). The reason this matters for lag is that even a few milliseconds delay during render time causes disturbing hickups during rendering.

Greetings.
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2004, 01:19:32 pm »
Originally posted by jorrit

It actually doesn\'t increase the load time that much. Only a few seconds maximum per map that needs to be loaded (usually less then a second). The reason this matters for lag is that even a few milliseconds delay during render time causes disturbing hickups during rendering.

Greetings.

That\'s absolutely true. I can certainly live with longer loading times, but choppy movement is a hell, because it\'s unpredictable and once you get a feeling for the movement, huiccpus become confusing. I mostly have the movement key combos and times \"pre-planned\" (at least for the next couple of seconds) and any blocking naturally results in the sequence being wrong so I usually end up in the tree I wanted to scrape by.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 01:19:57 pm by Seytra »

XpYtZ

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2004, 02:53:11 pm »
I could not find anything really \"funny\" in todays log so I\'ll just use this oportunity to remind the developers that my birthday is the 27th of this month. Boy would I feel special :D

[edit for response to below] second celibrated birthday??[/edit]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 02:59:57 pm by XpYtZ »

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2004, 09:53:30 am »
My birthday was the third, I got Dashboard Confessional cds... It\'s the second birthday I\'ve ever celebrated, a new thing for me!

I like Red Jelly Beans!

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2004, 02:16:57 pm »
Added several leak guards through PS in an attempt to fix leaks in PS too.

so does that mean that slowly things will fill up with water? we\'re all going to drown!!
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2004, 02:27:22 pm »
ah ha! so that\'s why the beer just went straight out of my mug! Or does that mean that I can\'t leak confidential informetion from the guild? aw, shucks.

Fixed Ignore of players

They were ignoring us?! Their faithful fans? Maybe those GMs really can\'t hear you...

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2004, 08:23:55 am »
Changed psSpell::Effect() to use \'fabs\' instead of \'abs\'

not only do we get fabulous spells, but i don\'t have to get my stomach muscles into shape... though that may not have been a bad thing.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.