Author Topic: The Defenders of Yliakum  (Read 2011 times)

Hadfael

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Defenders of Yliakum
« on: June 21, 2004, 12:36:52 pm »
[size=16]The Defenders of Yliakum[/size]
In the age of Molecular Blue (also called MB) Yliakum lived in peace. People used to live peacefuly and spent theyr days in speaking, exploring and collecting the crystals for fun.
This days are told in the Rangers history by Monketh like this :
... a ynnwn by the name of Enraged arrived in the town of hydlaa. He had aspirations of greater glory, and gathered all those who would come to him as the guild of The Legendary Warriors. Those who stayed over time would, in fact achieve that goal, to become legendary. However, many who came did not stay, and the roster was filled with hollow names, no longer important to anyone.
Some of the ones destined to that greater glory were Monketh, Grakrim, Seperot, Draklar, Ravna, Arbraz, Tranor, and Druke. Shadowx still lingers on occassion. Several guilds have formed from it\'s ruins. Well, anyway, for a time \'twas good. The Legendary Warriors prospered, \'twas said \"The Sun never sets on the Legendary Warriors\". They were common, and they were generally respected throughout these parts. Their post-forum thrived, their ruby packs were full, and they were happy.
Their leader was more rude than his members, however. He caused disputes between himself and other guilds. One member in particular, Draklar, got so annoyed that he left with a good complement of the guild and founded The Defenders Brotherhood.
 Among the guilds of Yliakum, only a few were devoted to be Lawful and Good. So the Defenders accepted among them most of the people ready to risk theyr lives to protect the citizens of Yliakum.
After a long period of peace, some warriors where tempted to become more Neutral or even Evil. So was Draklar. He became a warlord of the Dark empire and the guild was left for a short time without leader. Many members of this days, maybe feeling orphans, decided to join other guilds or armies .

Showing a great devotion to the guild and a strong sense of honor, Silenthero was nominated as a new leader.
With the help of the members, the Guild organised as a real brotherhood. Each Member having a rank to describe his vocation and not any particular authority. To ensure the recruiting and listen to the will of the brothers and sisters, Aineko the Mindcrafter helped  Silenthero to evaluate new members and recruit them.

But then, Aineko had to leave Yliakum for an important mission. Until the day she will come back, some believed that the brotherhood was lost without leaders. But from the spirit of honor and courage of the brothers, alives or deads, emerged a powerful being. Named from the brotherhood name, \"defenders\" is the leading spirit. Some brothers and sisters are able to summon him in the form of an Ylian.

If you are not looking for fights but are ready to protect the others and face Evil, try to contact one of us.

Possible vocations
The brotherhood does not use ranks to define a hierarchical structure. All brothers are equal with various vocations.

Hero: Powerful adventurer that dedicated his life to help those that are in need. He\'s not looking for fame nor wealth and money have low value for him. Spreading good is his way of life and he won\'t ever dishonor himself by making any evil deed.

Mindcrafter: Mage that is following Azure Way. Mindcrafter has ablity to influence his surroundings. He not only can move various objects with his will, but also hack into minds of his foes.

Guardian: Warrior among Defenders. Guardians will be hired to do various protection jobs.

Cleric: Mage that is concantrating on Crystal and Blue Way. Cleric has power to heal wounds and cure from poison. He will use them to help those that are suffering from pain. The most powerful Clerics are able to bring others back to life.

Knight: Most honorary of all warriors. Knights use their strenght to destroy evil and protect people in distress. Their skills in using armour and weapons make them great soldiers that won\'t ever retreat from battlefield. Mainly Knights will be sent as military aid for our allies.

Battle Mage: He\'s concentrating on destructive power of fire. By folowing the Red Way, he can cast various spells that will inflict massive damage to his foes. He\'s very valuable on battlefield and can bring fear into minds of enemy warriors. Battle Mages will be sent as military aid for our allies.

Paladin: The holy warrior. Besides fighting with weapons, Paladin can also cast various spells, mostly based on Crystal and Blue Way. Usually Paladins have blessed armour and weapons. They use their might and wisdom to hunt and destroy evil.

Invoker: Mage of the Brown Way. His spells are concantrating mostly on protection. He not only can cast defensive spells, but also summon various creatures. His powers make invoker great guard and defender.

Champion: Powerful warrior with great skill in weapon fighting. This adventurer is travelling across the land, helping those that are in distress. His brave deeds made him famous and nothing will move him from his way of champion.

If after your visit at the tavern you heard about a lot of evil guilds already dreaming to overcome Yliakum. If you heard about the foretold age of Crystal Blue and its lurking monsters. And if you believe the peace and light of Yliakum derserves fighting for. Then be ready to follow your beliefs and fight with your brothers. Have a talk with Golmir in the city of the Azure sun, or contact TheDefenders on the Brotherhoods Bulletin Board.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:48:21 am by Hadfael »

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 04:49:23 pm »
Most excellent! Guilds of good and righteous arise!! Time of unity is at hand!!

Maybe a good alliance should be made sometime between all of us out there!

Half_Pint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 04:57:20 pm »
I am glad to see that the Defenders are alive and active!  With the arrival of Xperto, and the increased activity of Mirth and Defenders, the monopoly of evil over the world of Planeshift is ending!  
(And it\'s summer, so what could possibly go wrong?!  :D )

I look forward to rekindling relations with the Defenders, and restoring the ties that we shared so long ago.  

Let Yliakum rejoice with the joy of Good\'s return!    :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:57:56 pm by Half_Pint »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 05:16:50 pm »
Great, this way rulling the world won\'t be boring for the Dark Empire ;)
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 05:52:20 pm »
Ho defenders! Glad to see you\'re still alive. :)

With the rising of three good guilds, the balance will be partly restored.
That is good  news indeed...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 05:58:46 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Hadfael

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 10:12:37 am »
We were not inactive, but maybe too silent.
It\'s a fact that beside when Draklar was our leader, we are not a \"forum posters\" guild.

But we kept a candle in the Citadel of Light. And we had a lot of work to do in Hydlaa.

But it\'s time to raise our standards again.

If it\'s good news for Yliakum, let me say that it will be a sad news for many evil plans

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 11:18:10 am »
No one says you must be active on forums its just nice when you are! Yes Yes 3 so is there anymore that wish to speak up and let themselves be known?

Tanyo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 12:21:13 pm »
I\'m in, its cool!
(P.S. Hi Golmir, Its me Tilin!)

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 12:53:54 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
Most excellent! Guilds of good and righteous arise!! Time of unity is at hand!!

Maybe a good alliance should be made sometime between all of us out there!

It\'s called the Citadel of Light, an alliance between Mirth and Defenders. Talk to them about joining.

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 05:35:53 pm »
You understand there can very well be more then one alliance between the good allignment? That can be their own private alliance and we can make a new one for all good allignment it really doesn\'t matter to me if anyone should choose its the one whos been around longer of the two:P

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 06:56:35 pm »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
You understand there can very well be more then one alliance between the good allignment? That can be their own private alliance and we can make a new one for all good allignment it really doesn\'t matter to me if anyone should choose its the one whos been around longer of the two:P

It was originally supposed to be an alliance between more than two guilds, but there were only two guilds to be in it. Citadel of Light should be the global \"good guild\" alliance.

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 07:19:00 pm »
yes have all the good fools and there happy unicorns in one place so evil can drive  its hammer down and smash the light into darkness.

ooc: rangers where originally the 3rd group in the light thing...untill draklar convinced pint that with an evil madman (me) leading it wasent a good idea :P

Half_Pint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 07:32:20 pm »
And Drak was right, too.  Just look what you\'ve become, Sep!   That sentence had less than five spelling errors!  OMG!   8)

Not that Draklar had much more luck after our Triple Alliance ended....   X(

I think Rangers is a really great guild, and I certainly respect Monketh and would ally with him again in a second, but Rangers also accepts more questionable members.  So I can\'t just jump at an alliance with Rangers...   :rolleyes:

Anyway, to get back to the topic of this thread:  
If you want to preserve the way of the Light by standing as a knight of good, by all means join Defenders!  They are staunch warriors who uphold the strictest morals of behaviour.

(And if you\'re wondering about the difference between Defenders and Mirth, Mirth isn\'t near as quick to jump into a fight.  We are slightly pacifistic.  Where Defenders would immediately leap into the fray, Mirth would only take violent action if doing so was neccessary for the continued spread of Mirth.)

If you want to be truly good, and you want to fight, join the Defenders today!   :)

zabeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 11:04:35 pm »
Originally posted by Half_Pint
And if you\'re wondering about the difference between Defenders and Mirth, Mirth isn\'t near as quick to jump into a fight.  We are slightly pacifistic.  Where Defenders would immediately leap into the fray, Mirth would only take violent action if doing so was neccessary for the continued spread of Mirth.)

Ahh, I was wondering what out difference was! Now where did that fray wander off to? Evil doers must be faught and all that!

If you want to be truly good, and you want to fight, join the Defenders today!   :)

Couldn\'t have said it better myself!

Lux perpetua luceat eis

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 06:48:51 am »
Nicely told Golmir.

There are few guilds out there with such an interesting, convoluted and yet honourable history. Keep up the \'good\' work :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 06:50:31 am by Kada-El »