Author Topic: Food Animals  (Read 900 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Food Animals
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:44:16 pm »

Mammoth Boar: Roughly 1 meter high to its hump. Young and adolecent Mammoth Boars are usually half a meter high, and one meter long. While adults can grow as big as one and a half meters high and two meters long. It uses its sharp quills and its two sets of tusks to defend itself. They are omnivorus and travel in packs of two or three. They are a good source of food, if not difficult to hunt. Mostly found in the forests of Yliakum in the upper few levels, as the food is plentiful there, and larger predators are rare.

Giant Spider Crab: An aquatic adaption of Giant Spiders, the Spidercrab\'s body can grow to one to two meters in diameter, while its legs from two to three meters in length. A very dangerous creature to fight underwater, though it is slow and hindered out of water. Usually found in most bodies of water throughout the Yliakum due to their spider-like mobility within water. Large nests are common in the lower, submerged levels of Yliakum. Solitary by nature, they are known to spin webs made out of microscopic crystals.  

*Edit: More to come soon...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 06:44:48 pm by Harwen »

Eraglous

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 01:39:59 pm »
Great sketches =)

That\'s a pretty big crab
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 01:40:26 pm by Eraglous »
]

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 01:55:07 pm »
Here are some more I drew today....

Wooly Horn: A three-horned rhinoceros-like creature with a thick fur coat. Would probably live in the cooler mid-levels of the dungeons. Feeds mostly off mushrooms. Grows from 1 to 2 meters in height to the shoulder, and from 1.5 to 3 meters in length. Difficult to hunt, as its thick fur makes its skin very tough to penatrate. Solitary by nature they only group during the coldest of seasons.

Ringo bird: Long-necked bird with long legs. About 1.5 meters in height, these birds travel in small flocks of 4 or 5. Used as a food animal by most of the upper-level farmers of Yliakum, the Ringo Bird is easily tamed and is easy to care for. Bright colors adorn the feathers of this bird\'s tail and head and are often used as decoration.
(yum, yum, KFR, Kentucky Fried Ringo)

Harper Fish: Quick predator of deep lakes and the submerged levels of Yliakum, the Harper fish is a fine catch for many fishermen. Growing from 2 to 4 meters in length. The Harper\'s meat is considered a delicacy by the Lemurs as well as many of the high-class in Yliakum. Known to leap out of the water and attack unwary fishermen with its large dagger-like teeth, the agressiveness of th Harper only makes this fish that much more expensive on the market.

Diamond Fish: Large and plentiful in the submerged levels of Yliakum, the Diamond fish are akin to our own tuna. Being a staple in the diet of the Nothilor, it is the second major export of all Nothili Fishing villages. (The main being seaweed, see background story) Traveling in large schools, these fish are easy to catch and reproduce quickly and in large numbers. Their bluish-white shimmering scales gave the fish its name.

Again, more to come when this caffine kicks in...

Cyrandir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 02:19:29 pm »
Great animals! very original.  I think I would like to make a pet of a mammoth boar... Is that allowed?  Are they able to be good pets?

\"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.\"    - Galileo Galilei

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:25:03 pm »
Originally posted by Cyrandir
Great animals! very original.  I think I would like to make a pet of a mammoth boar... Is that allowed?  Are they able to be good pets?

No. No they are not. Its imopossible so stop even dreaming about it right this second. Don\'t make me go into your imagination to make  you.

Um, just kidding...:D I don\'t know if you can really, I can\'t see why not, with Animal Training you should be able to make a pet out of just about anything considered a \"beast\".

Oh, and thank you   :)

Skizzik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 04:54:04 pm »
I like your style and ideas. Some of these creatures I would love to meet in PS someday. ;)

Visit the Circle Of Legends at:
http://www.circleoflegends.tk

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 10:15:06 pm »
I liked the oval human man or whatever it was beside the crab it really was a brilliant sketch ^^

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 09:57:00 am »
Cause I thought PS needed calamari...

Quadipus/Quadipi: That octopus thing in the upper left section is called a Quadipus, cause it only has four tentacles. Small, easy to catch and cook, quadipi can be found most anywhere in Yliakum, though bigger colonies live in the submerged sections of the stacilite. Growing from 20 to 50 centimeters in length, the Quadipus is able to change color depending on its situation, as well as expel a billow of ink at any potential predators.

Flatfish: To the right of the Quadipi (duh) the flatfish is  a common fish, designed to skim on the surface on the water for bugs with its flat body. Able to swim very fast and elude predators to think it is a smaller fish by turning on its thin side.

I just drew some jellyfish that I thought would look great in the deep parts of the submerged levels, like putting on a pretty light show for those able to get deep enough.

Ah, thank you Skizzik and Depthblade :)

Again, more to come soon...

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 07:32:48 pm »

Blip Bird: Sorta a mix between quail, phesant and turkey. For its short stature the Blip is very fast, and can even fly short distances. Though the Blip is seen in most forests of Yliakum, it is hard to catch due to its quickness. They grow to about 40 centimeters in height.

Hmmm, I\'m wondering if any of you know a good image hosting site, just ran out of space on mine :P

Skizzik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 04:24:02 pm »
LOL \"heads up!\". :D
It\'s a shame I cant see cant see another pheasant in my life anymore, due to another MMORPG that I\'ve been playing.

Visit the Circle Of Legends at:
http://www.circleoflegends.tk

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 11:56:35 pm »
Originally posted by Skizzik
LOL \"heads up!\". :D
It\'s a shame I cant see cant see another pheasant in my life anymore, due to another MMORPG that I\'ve been playing.

Yuck, I think I know what you\'re talking about, pm me if its Conquerer or something like it,...yucky koren rpg\'s. yuck.

Edooo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 01:34:16 pm »
hey, your really good at this \"art\" thing harwen. keep up te good work.

Peter Griffin:
Yes, but according to paragraph 5, sentence 6 word three \"the\"...