Author Topic: Another guild down the tube  (Read 1306 times)

Phinehas

Another guild down the tube
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:27:30 pm »
Well, you all know that Depthblade\'s guild went down the drain, and he\'s been eating his humble pie and working his way up the ranks of another guild. Now comes the news, the time has come for the same to happen to me. I too have failed in my desire to lead a guild. I feel very humbled, and, now that I think of it, it\'s amazing that we lasted for as long as we did. Anyway, I\'m disbanding our guild and am going in search of a new one. I already have hopes for a certain guild that I\'d like to join, but I guess I\'ll see what happens. This is the end of Cutting Edge. It was good, but it\'s over.

Half_Pint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 12:45:27 pm »
It\'s really a shame to hear that Cutting Edge has not succeeded for you, Phinehas.  I really thought that you had planned it a lot better than many other guilds that have gone on to great things, but I suppose it was just not meant to be.   :(

Good luck with whatever you may undertake next!  :)

Andycornell

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 12:48:03 pm »
I am sorry to hear this to, really i am.

And i am sorry for those members that right now lost their guild and safety, *bows his head, and starts to sing a small zad tune, then rises his head again* good luck from me to

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 06:08:22 am »
Originally posted by Half_Pint
It\'s really a shame to hear that Cutting Edge has not succeeded for you, Phinehas.  I really thought that you had planned it a lot better than many other guilds that have gone on to great things, but I suppose it was just not meant to be.   :(

Good luck with whatever you may undertake next!  :)

You know what\'s sad? I thought the same. I also thought that I\'d planned it better than a lot of other guilds. Evidently not.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 06:45:09 am »
Yeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaa. My day keeps getting better and better.  :D

(Edit: I find that most guilds overplan, which makes them fail. Cabal has little planning, we just do as we see fit as it\'s needed, which makes things more interesting for both us leaders and our members.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 06:48:20 am by Xordan »

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 07:43:14 am »
rightty ho Xord !

Wait a darn blasted min we do actually plan ? :D

Have fun phinehas (we\'ll get you soon enuff)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 07:43:59 am by snow_RAveN »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 09:30:59 am »
Those are dire news. I wasn\'t expecting Cutting Edge to fail, not this soon at least.
If you are interested in the Dark side I think you would do great in the Dark Empire ;).
Anyway good luck in whatever you choose.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Altharion

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 09:36:41 am »
i expected cutting edge to fail.

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 11:19:05 am »
Originally posted by Altharion
i expected cutting edge to fail.

Well you\'ve always been a cynical peanut, so no news there :P

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 12:33:13 pm »
Wow!  That\'s a change from when I was talking to you yesterday (Phinehas \'s decision to disband CE, not Altharion the Cynical Peanut)!  Anyways, good luck in joining whatever guild you choose to join, remember, many old friends would love to have you in their guilds.
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

FESFES

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 02:16:52 pm »
AH, again its to my advantage that a guild has failed but I\'m sorry to see you go

It is easier to hate than it is to love.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 02:27:08 pm »
Thanks guys. Sangwa, if I went over to the dark side, I\'d definitely join the DE over the Cabal, but I\'m not \"dark\" so it doesn\'t matter. The long and short of why it\'s over is not that it was poorly planned, it was that I didn\'t have enough support from members. I mean, face it, I\'m no web-designer, and I\'m not a lot of other things. The only thing I had going for me were my creativity and leadership abilities. Well, that\'s just not enough to make it among all the other semi-newbie guilds. Besides, come next week I\'ll have to spend less time on PS. I\'ll still play, but not enough to run a guild.

Oh, and Altharion seeing as I don\'t even know you, I don\'t really care what your expectations were.

Oh, and I\'d appreciate a pm or something from any guilds that are interested in having me. Not to be a nuisance or anything, but I\'d like to join another guild, but I don\'t want to force my presence on anyone. \'sides, several guilds are invite only, so.... Also, a couple of my guild members who were actually active might be looking for a guild as well, I can vouch for them(as if that means anything).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 02:44:23 pm by Phinehas »

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 02:48:03 pm »
.....NOOOOOOOO!!!

ah Phinehas you had the best neutral guild out there what with Kasnar and you, Toadman, and Devilvampire on the council :P (oh and Psyconn too but he kept disagreeing with me :P)

Bah, I wish you all the luck in the world and if you ever need anything at all, my doors are open.
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 03:05:58 pm »
Thanks Waylander. You were awesome too. It\'s too bad you didn\'t stay in, but oh well, that\'s history. I appreciate your support.

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 03:20:15 pm »
But Phine, had I stayed it would have made it unfair for all the other guilds :P

Me and you together=invincible muahaha
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.