Author Topic: LONG FORM player initiated Role Play in the making- Wanna play?  (Read 4951 times)

Sluuph

• Traveller
  • Merry Met and Blessed Be!
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
Axes: a Question
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 07:01:44 pm »
They gathered in the Garden to find Sluuph standing high on the roots of the ruqua, unarmored but with twin axes in her hands. Teshia looked up to her as she reported, "I have seen none disturbing the peace on the way here. You should be safe enough."

Detiey stepped forward, calling "Why do you have axes?"

Sluuph replied in a strong voice, "I have axes because we have been attacked. Our ceremony will be defended."

"Oh? Who was it?"

"Ahriman most recently."

Teshia broke in to say "I will guard the gates for a time, Sluuph."

Detiey looked grim. "Why am I not surprised?"

Sluuph nodded as Dannae entered. "High Priestess."

Detiey and Dannae embraced, exchanging tender words in Detiey's native tongue.

Other began to enter the Garden, the majority with weapons drawn and ready.

Dannae explained, "We are welcoming daughters to the guild" as Detiey nodded at the heavily armed crowd. "May i stay and watch?"

Dannae replied, "Of course, Detiey, I wouldn't have it any other way."

Sluuph called out, "Sisters, I shall serve as Guardian. You may sheathe your weapons."

Dannae also addressed the crowd. "First of all, my sisters, we need to take another vote."

Detiey stepped away a discreet distance as Dannae continued, "We've all met Leicace. "Does anyone have any questions you want to ask of her?

Sluuph eyed a figure at the entrance to the Garden for a moment, then smile as she recognized one she still thought of as a friend. Roled waved as he entered the Garden.

Dannae spoke of Leicace, "She was right there helping us tonight. I think that shows where her heart is."

Leicace smiled and spoke modestly. "Happy to be of service, though I fear it was not of much help."

Roled took a seat quietly and smiles at the Daughters, his sisters.

Dannae call for the vote. "So... all in favor of Leicace joining us?"

Sluuph and Ellessa each called out, "Aye."

Roled looked around for Elady, not knowing that she had left the guild when Ahriman was admitted to the guild house.

Dannae said, "Aye," as she grinned to Leicace, who beamed brightly. "Let's get started then...." she began.

Sluuph spoke up. "Dannae? Forgive me for interrupting."

Roled scowled at Sluuph as Dannae looked up. "Yes, Sluuph?"

Sluuph said, "You know even better than I do that we are in danger." She held her axes high. "I would show these tools as examples of the power of the Daughters. Double-bitted axes have been a symbol of strong and independent women for a very long time. I wish to serve as Guardian of this ceremony. If all the Daughters and prospective Daughters here concur."

Dannae immediately replied, "Your wish is granted because of the night's previous events."

Ellessa added, "Aye."

Leicace nodded in agreement. "Yes, it always pays to be vigilant."

Roled's brow furrowed in concern.

Dannae said, "Now if we may begin?" She faced the ruqua tree and raised her amethyst high above her head, then in great sweeping motions ascribed a pattern in the air, then points the amethyst to the ground ascribing the same pattern in the grass with a flourish. She turned to face the others beckoning with her hands for all present to form a circle holding hands around Ellessa and Leicace."

Sluuph smiled and blinked proud tears back as all present stepped forward to form the circle.

Dannae, in her deepest tone, shouted, "Air and earth, fauna and flora", she paused to fix her eyes on each Daughter present for a moment before continuing. "As we stand in unison and harmony, we achieve the strength needed to survive. In this same spirit of unison, harmony, and strength, we, the Daughters of Xiosia, stand here before our Goddess's mighty ruqua tree effigy to welcome in Her name, our new sisters."

Dannae smiled warmly, "Ellessa and Leicace, do you take this oath of your own free will, with no reservations nor hesitations?"

They replied, "Yes," and "Indeed, yes."

Dannae said, "Do you promise to honor the teachings of the goddess Xiosia, and to live in unity with all her creations to the highest extent of your ability?"

Leicace nods solemnly as Ellessa said, "I do."

"Do you promise to protect nature and to defend against those who would abuse and squander those gifts the goddess has so lovingly bestowed upon us all?"

"Yes," and "Yes I do, gladly."

"Do you promise to respect the lives of all Yliakum and to never attack another citizen except in matters of self defense, to protect the life of an innocent, or to prevent abominations against nature?"

"Yes," and "Yes."

"Do you promise to respect your fellow daughters, to give them support and encouragement when in need, in times of both happiness and crisis?"

"Absolutely," and "Yes."

"It is our great honor and privilege to welcome you into our guild, the Daughters of Xiosia." Dannae stepped forward. "I present to you now, with the utmost pride and hope in my heart, this necklace displaying to all your devotion to our guild and Xiosia". She slips the necklace over Leicace's and Ellessa's heads and places a single kiss on each forehead. "Welcome, sisters, may the Goddess bless your path always."

The throng bowed, each in his, her, or kras own way.

Leicace said, "It is truly an honour to be accepted as a member of the sisterhood."

Sluuph sheathed her axes and leapt down from Xiosia's embrace to join the embraces of her sisters.

As the opportunity came, Sluuph grins and murmured, "Roled? I get the impression you don't approve."

Roled smiled and turned red. Not yet ready to reveal his deep emotion, he simply muttered, "Nae, nae.. tis just..."

The traditional party after the initiation was a joyous as ever, and enhanced even more by Ketta's beautiful flute playing.

Sanrai spoke for all, "Lovely music."

Roled could stand it no longer, and he says loud enough, but to himself. "But where be Elady?"

Detiey held Dannae's hand as she whispered, "Changes are for the better, in most cases." She added, "This is all so serene... it is the Garden at its best."

The throng slowly trickled away until Dannae looked around to find Sluuph sitting in the fountain, idly swirling the water with her hands.

"Everything all right, Sluuph?"

"I'm fine. Just a little tired all of a sudden."

Ketta commented, "You should be, after all that has gone on tonight, Sluuph!"

Dannae said, "Me, too, you know. It's not so easy for me. After what happened, you know."

Sluuph asked, "Would you like to go back to the house? Or is it not a good place yet?"

Dannae dropped her forehead to Sluuph's shoulder and Sluuph stroked her hair.

"No. Not tonight, Sluuph. Can we ... go out to the lake?"

"Of course. Now?"

Dannae nodded and they both stood. As they turned toward the Garden entrance though, Sluuph exclaimed, "Well met, Qata!"

"Greetings. How are you two doing?"

Sluuph replied, "We are exhausted, and happy. Um. If I may speak for you, Dannae...."

"Ah, it is good to be happy. So you had a good day then?"

Dannae said, "Very well, Qata. We just held a ceremony for two new Daughters."

Sluuph added, "The house is ours again."

Qata replied, "That is wonderful! Who are the two new daughters?"

Dannae said, "You may already know Ellessa, and the other is Leicace."

Qata replied calmly, "Yes, I have met Ellessa. Leicace I do not know. So, taking back your house, what happened to Ahriman?"

"He died in the process," Sluuph replied. "A simple death, so he is at large again."

Qata said, "Well, I can't say I have much sympathy for him."

Sluuph touched Dannae's cheek. "You did what was needed."

Qata looked at Dannae. "So you did him in, eh?" Sluuph shot an intense look at Qata, shaking her head, but Qata continued. "Then who did it?"

Dannae sighed, "I did... although, not by choice."

The Nolthrir spoke together. "I was defending Sluuph." "She saved me. All I accomplished was getting my gill sliced across."

Qata said, "Ah, I understand. Well, know that Xiosia uses lightning sometimes to take care of things. But I hope the Daughters can get beck to their peaceful nature."

Sluuph smiled. "I want to talk to you about that, Qata. You, and several others."

"Now,�or together with all sometime, would both be okay. Know that the Daughters can be completely free to be totally pacifists if they choose. Xiosia has many looking after your well being. She provides well, so do not hesitate to make you needs known."

Sluuph nods slowly, doubt easy to see in her face. "Later, I think.

And Dannae echoed Sluuph's thinking, saying, "We can't be perceived that way any longer. We will make it known. The Daughters will not be an easy target."

Sluuph explained her troubled thoughts. "Qata, in the end, our High Priestess had to.... She should not have needed to go through that door. For me to do it ... doesn't matter. I'm not a very good Daughter. But she should not have needed to be there."

Qata addressed Dannae, "Yes, but keep in mind that true strength comes from the heart. And much better to out think an opponent."

Dannae persisted, "As long as I am a DoX priestess, I will not allow this kind of thing to happen to us again."

Sluuph nodded in emphatic agreement.

Qata said, "Yes, and it is far more powerful to gain allies through helping others with kind deeds. This is why the DoX is much stronger than either of you realize."

"Being good does not require being weak," Sluuph said, as Dannae stated "Be sure, we will stay true to Xiosia's roots. Our guild's mission has not changed.'

Qata looked away from the two. "True, but a reputation of kindness and charity will always be stronger than any group of warriors."

Dannae nodded. "I do not wish to tarnish our reputation for kindness or charity, Qata."

Qata said, "That is wonderful to hear, Dannae. May Xiosia guide your path. I shall be going for now and wish you both much happiness."

"Thank you, Qata," Dannae said. "It's been my pleasure to get to know you more these last days."

"Blessed be Qata!" Sluuph called.

Qata said, "I look forward to our talk, Sluuph."

Sluuph said, "Thank you, Qata. You are a true friend. I will find you soon."

Qata said, "I will always be available to help the Daughters in any way," and bowed low. "May Xiosia guide all our paths well."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:50:09 am by Sluuph »
Sluuph is "a daughter of DoX not quite becoming of a DoX daughter" --Zytorr

Sluuph

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
To Advise and Condemn
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »
[OOC, but very important: The opinions expressed in this story are those of the characters and not necessarily those of their players.]

Sluuph meditated long, giving devote prayer and careful thought to her ideas. She talked through them with the guild's new High Priestess, but wanted still more advice on a subject of such importance. So it was that when she discovered Roled working by Gardr, she quietly took a seat and waited for a safe moment to speak.

Roled saw her before that moment arrived. "Oh! Lady Sluuph! Ye surprised me!" he cried as he dropped steel stock on his foot. "Ouch!" He jumped around in pain.

Sluuph laughed as she cast a small healing spell on Roled's foot. "I was just asking Gardr to store some stuff for me in preparation for our rededication ceremony. I do hope you will be able to join us."

Sluuph watched for a moment as Roled moved glowing metal objects about. "Roled, you know Xiosia well. And you've known the Daughters longer than I have. Now that the house has been retaken -- by Dannae and me -- I find that there are a large number of powerful people who consider themselves our protectors and are upset to hear us talking of becoming a little more resistant to attack, conquest, and enslavement." She smiled in self-deprecation. "Not that I'm slanting the question or anything. But that ... surprises me. What went wrong, that these protectors were not available before our straits became so dire that we had to take up arms ourselves?"

Roled snorted. "Aye, Lady Sluuph, that has many answers. Ye will find that there be many of us who care deeply fer the DOX."

"I do not doubt for a single heartbeat that there are many who care deeply for the DOX. Not one heartbeat. But it was Dannae and I who went through that door."

"I went through the door the day before ye did, with swords drawn. Did Dannae not tell ye?"

Sluuph was taken aback with surprise. "No. I did not know."

"I also sat outside ye house door for one whole night after ye were returned, and after Teshia were attacked and the DOX sheltered her. Did ye not know this? And I gathered the Crystal Custos to search out what we thought were a poison or charm within ye."

Sluuph holds up her hands in surrender, but Roled's sudden rage could not be stopped.

"Who searched fer ways to help ye? Elady! Qata! Mordaan! Residren! Sacho! Chessire! Me! Who went and got the guards when Ahriman paraded ye back into town! Who tried to convince the guards to keep Ahriman under lock and key? Who then insisted no wrong had been done them and freed Ahriman? Ye did!"

Roled paused for breath and seemed to calm himself a bit. "Please fergive me losing my temper with ye just now. May I buy ye both a drink and some dinner at the Stonehead?" He bowed humbly to Sluuph and set a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Sluuph nodded. "I would love to."

"Good! Let's sit and work this out please Lady S?"

They walked up the short ramp and were greeted as the entered by Elady, the former High Priestess of the Daughters, who had left the guild when Ahriman was allowed into their house. "Sluuph, good to see you again."

Sluuph sighed as she adjusted the cushions on the bench.

"Anything wrong, Sluuph? Can I get you anything?"

"I would love a cider, Elady."

"One cider and one tea for Roled. Anything for you, Tess?"

Tessra blushed, shaking her head. "Oh, no, no, thank you."

Roled continued, "Elady, perhaps some food too? Oh stew or maybe some...." He added to no one's surprise, "...pie?" He looked hopeful.

Elady left and Roled turned to Sluuph, clearing his throat.

She began. "So, Roled. You were losing your temper on me, which I deserve."

Elady returned and began distributing mugs.

Roled lifted his glass "Here's to Lady Tessra fer passing her examinations!"

Tessra blushed, looking down at her hands.

Elady and Sluuph joined the toast. "To Lady Tessra!"

Roled continued, "And here to the freeing of the Daughters of Xiosia from that terrible evil."

Tessra nodded emphatically at Roled's words.

Roled continued the toast. "And here's to the reuniting of the DOX and Elady!" Roled raised his glass and drinks emphatically.

Sluuph stared into her mug.

Elady looked at Roled with surprise. "I think there is still the issue of Ahriman to deal with first. How are your, ah, party plans coming, Sluuph?"

Sluuph looked baffled. "Issue? Party? I don't understand."

Roled added, "Oh, ye do not know? Sluuph should tell ye...." He sipped his tea, looking at the women.

Tessra looked from Sluuph to Elady to Roled, unsure what any of this meant.

Sluuph said, "Um. I'm confused, so I'll back up, probably too far. Dannae and I independently came up with the same plan to pin Ahriman to a place where we could control the situation. So we voted to let him into the house. If he left, he would not be able to get back in. Elady was upset, but we could not tell her what we were doing. She left the guild."

Tessra looked at Elady wide-eyed. Elady shrugs and looks down at the table. "I didn't understand. I thought Ahriman had gotten to everyone but me."

Sluuph said, "A few days later, Dannae and I heard, again separately, that Ahriman was planning to invite the Hydlaa underworld to our home for a party to gloat over his conquest of us. We decided that we could wait no longer.

Sluuph looked over at the Dermorian. "And, Roled, this goes to what you were saying earlier. Dannae and I felt that we were alone. That we had no supporters. Well, that's not completely true. When I mentioned our plans at Harnsie's, we had plenty of supporters. Including your sister, Tessra."

Tessra burst out, "Tesh was there?!"

Sluuph said, "But in the end, it was Dannae and me who went through the door."

Elady looked confused. "I told both you and Dannae I would do what I could to help."

Sluuph said, "We could not find you, and felt we could not wait. And we were right -- he was already digging around in our ... our things."

Tessra's eyes widened in horror, as she pressed a hand to her lips. Elady simply looked disgusted.

"And now that Dannae and I have retaken the guild house -- by force of arms -- we find that many people are shocked, unhappy, disapproving, of our actions.

Tessra exclaimed, "But... but he is gone now? You have saved the virtue of the priestesses!"

Sluuph looked bewildered. "They seem to feel that we have damaged our guild in some way. He is gone. Our possessions seem to have been recovered. But I need to understand what I have done."

Elady said in a reasonable voice, "Much like Xiosia followers sometimes have to fight to defend nature, so you had to fight to protect the sanctuary of the house. As with all things with the Goddess it is the balance that is important."

Tessra said, "I am sure the Goddess herself will understand...." and nodded to Elady. "Even in nature there is a cycle...."

Sluuph said, "Thank you, Elady. That is what I believe. And that, too, Tessra."

Elady grinned, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm just thankful I don't have to wear that dress to that party!"

Sluuph stated firmly, "I do not believe it is wrong to fight and to kill and if need be to die to defend one's home. And so I say this: I will defend the Daughters. I will place myself between them and their enemies. I hope I can remain in the guild while I do that."

Tessra nodded quickly to Sluuph.

Elady said, "It is a shameful thing that there was the need for violence in the house but it sounds like it was justified in your actions, Sluuph. I doubt the Daughters will kick you out."

Roled tore off a hunk of pie, dipped it in the stew, and munched slowly, listening to the women.

Then Tessra mused, "You told Teshia something once... and she never forgot it. You said that some even go so far as to believe that Xiosia and Dakkru are one and the same.... With all creation, there must be a death..."

Roled looked at Tess wide-eyed.

Sluuph corrected Tessra in a gentle voice, "I don't believe They are the same. But They are sisters." She turned to Roled, waiting for him to swallow the bite of pie. "What do you say to a Daughter with an axe, Roled?"

Roled answered slowly his words soft but his voice hard, "Sluuph, 'tis not my place to judge. It just took me by surprise 'tis all, Sluuph, last night at the oathing, fer ye to bear the axe and not the charmflower...." He turned to look Elady in the eye, and repeated with emphasis. "Last night at the DOX Oathing and Induction in the Garden."

Elady's face tightened in shock.

Sluuph, unaware of these first breaths of the rising storm, boasted, "Even when some seek to destroy us, we grow. Elady, I stood in the roots of the ruqua and held the labrys. And the Daughters initiated two new members while I stood as Guardian."

Tessra agreed, "Surely there is a time even for the axe?"

Roled looked sharply at the student. "Aye, indeed... and a time fer peace and cleansing."

Sluuph continued in her naivete, "Aye! And I will be doing that as well."

Elady looked sad as she pointed out, "There has never been a need for a 'Guardian' in the past. It saddens me to feel there was the feeling that one was needed this time."

Tessra asked, "But, Elady, has there ever before been such an attack on the Daughters?"

Sluuph went on, "I spent last night in the Garden purifying my spirit. Tonight I purify the house. Evict his stench. Tomorrow, I reconsecrate and seal it."

Roled asked sharply, "Sluuph, ye alone?"

Sluuph instantly replied, "No."

Roled asked again, as is if unable to hear Sluuph any more, "Ye alone does this?"

Sluuph repeated, "No! As many of the Daughters as can attend should." She stared at Roled, sensing a change coming over him. "But it seems that I am the one who most feels it necessary. And I do feel it necessary. I cannot sleep in that place now."

Elady agreed, "I mentioned to Dannae when last we talked that a ceremony to resantify the house would probably be a good idea."

And Tessra also added, "It is time for the house to have a new beginning... just as the daughters have new found freedom...."

Roled, however, was not hearing what was being said. He took a deep breath. "Ye have been through much, beloved Daughter of Xiosia. But ne'er before have I ever heard any Daughter refer to sacred ceremonies as "I will do this or that". 'Twas always 'We will...we shall...' not 'I...'."

Sluuph looked worried at the one she called a friend. "Roled, I hear you. May I tell you why I say it the way I do?"

Roled nodded, his face grim.

Sluuph watched him carefully as she explained. "Because the Daughters are riddled with doubt and distrust. Because with the single exception of Dannae, I do not know who I can count on to be true."

Roled looked significantly to Elady. Tessra frowned, watching Roled.

Sluuph continued. "Ellessa and Leicace I presume to be loyal, but they are so new they do not know how to help. Elady has my deepest respect, but Elady is not a Daughter of Xiosia."

Elady drew herself up and instructed Sluuph. "Remember the Daughters are supposed to act as a group, every Daughter getting an equal say in how the guild is run."

"Even the ones under the control of evil forces? So if Ahriman had gained control of a majority of Daughters, he would be the legitimate Lord of the house?"

Elady retorted, "If the Daughters don't follow their own rules then there are no Daughters."

Sluuph snapped back, "Our rules are not a suicide pact. And if they are, then I will be Her priestess still but Her Daughter no longer."

Elady said, "That is not for you to decide on your own, Sluuph. That is for the guild as a whole to discuss and vote on."

Sluuph repeated, "Then I will be Her priestess still but Her Daughter no longer. That is for me to decide on my own. Just as it was yours to decide on your own, Elady."

Tessra begged Sluuph, "Talk to the other Daughters. I think you will find they feel as you do."

Sluuph answered Tessra but looked at Roled and Elady. "I have been talking to them at great length. They do."

"Then it seems like the proper thing should be done and a meeting called and votes taken. Not a single person stating on their own what needs to be done." Elady stated.

Sluuph repeated her concern again, "And if those votes are for turning the guild over to Ahriman? What then, Elady? Our rules cannot be a suicide pact."

Elady stated the obvious, "If changes need to be made, then so be it, but those changes need to be voted on and discussed openly between all Daughters."

Sluuph shook her head in confusion. "Elady, I must have been unclear. Please let me explain. I am not attempting to dictate anything to the guild." She looked around her, seeing only disturbed faces. She began to wonder if the words she was speaking were the words that reached their ears. She continued. "Everything I have said, has been said to the guild. Even in the Garden, I asked all the Daughters present if they wanted me to stand as I did. Their approval was unanimous. That I need to purify my home before I can sleep in it again is my personal problem. That the house will be reconsecrated has been unanimously agreed to."

Roled stuffed another piece of stew sodden pie in his mouth, his face dark.

Sluuph looked each in the eyes and sighed. "So I'm wondering why you think I'm the new Ahriman, giving orders like some sort of tyrant."

Elady ignored all that Sluuph had explained. "It is disturbing to hear you saying I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that. Especially for something so important as sanctifying the house."

Realizing that communication was no longer possible, Sluuph said, "I'm sorry. I came for advice. Instead I've angered you. Thank you for the cider, Elady.

Roled stopped her. "Do ye really wish my advice, Sluuph?

"I have been trying to ask for it for some hours."

Roled looked at Sluuph, then at Elady, then at Tess. "This be what I know to be true. I know that Ahriman be the most evil sorcerer we have seen in a while. I know that ye Sluuph, and Narthen and Dannae and Zayla all succumbed to his torture. I know that that injury is not quickly healed, e'en if the mind be healed. And I know that Elady is a true Daughter of Xiosia, and the Highest Priestess, and has taught me much about our Lady."

Sluuph was expressionless, her eyes resting calmly on Roled's. Tessra looked wide-eyed from Roled to Sluuph.

Sluuph calmly stated a fact. "Elady has left the guild, Roled."

Elady put in, "I had hopes of returning to the guild but I'm beginning to wonder if that will be possible now."

Roled went on, "I know that Elady has truly the heart of Xiosia in our world. She only left the guild because of the evil those who were under the spell were bringing on yerselves. I know that the Goddess Xiosia has talked directly to Elady, has blessed her and has given her her ring as a sign of bonding. And I know Elady and Siteya founded the Daughters. So my advice is, Sluuph, submit yerself to Elady."

Sluuph looked down, her jaw setting. "And agree to the suicide pact."

Roled continued, "Take time to pray and heal. Take time to heal the other Daughters. Bring Elady back into the DOX. And each of ye find the Peace of Xiosia."

Sluuph stared at Roled, stammering, "I am healing the other Daughters. I am healing the guild. I have bled and wept and been tortured for the Daughters!"

Roled snarled, "Ye are not healing the guild, Sluuph! Ye are tearing the Guild apart! Just as Ahriman wishes ye to! Ye are still doing the will of Ahriman -- yer captor."

Sluuph's jaw dropped in shock and disbelief as Roled's slander ripped into her. His cruel words felt like teeth tearing her open from heart to womb. An eon of agony passed before she could force her shaking legs to lift her from the bench and flee from the one she had trusted to be a friend and mentor. She staggered blindly down the steep ramp from the Stonehead, scalding tears pouring down her cheeks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:45:02 pm by Sluuph »

Sluuph

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
A Surprise Sister
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:27 pm »
[OOC, but very important: The opinions expressed in this story are those of the characters and not necessarily those of their players.]

Sluuph stumbled toward the Garden, tears rolling down her cheeks. Turning the corner she collided with another person and stumbled. Dannae instantly saw Sluuph's distress. "Sluuph...what's happened?"

Sluuph could hardly speak through her sobs. "Roled ... and Elady ... say I'm -- that I'm still...."

Dannae took Sluuph in her arms, listening carefully as the distraught Nolthrir gulped for breath. "That I'm doing Ahriman's work.  By trying to heal the -- the guild. Elady says I've destroyed the guild!" Sluuph moaned and collapsed to the soft turf outside the entrance to the Garden.

Dannae remained standing for a moment, stunned by the words. She frowned in disbelief. "Ahriman's work...I don't believe it...how could you be?"

Sluuph wailed, "I don't know! I'm working so hard.... I want my home back. I want you back. Roled kept shouting that I was still--" She broke down completely, her words dissolving into heart-tearing sobs.

Dannae quickly sat beside her friend, holding her close.  "We have our home...you have me, Sluuph."

Sluuph shook her head violently, tears flying. "He-- And she says-- I can't purify my own home! We have to vote to defend--!"

"Sluuph... wait... don't listen to them."

"I just wanted his help. I asked for advice. And he says I'm Ahriman!  And she says I'm destroying her guild. As if she owns us. What have I done that wasn't voted on?"

Dannae slowly murmured, "I need to speak with them." Then to Sluuph, "Maybe it was the ceremony...the axes?"

Sluuph nodded but said, "I asked you four. It was unanimous. Everyone said 'aye.' Everyone!"

The two sat silently for a time as Sluuph's tears fell.

She spoke again, her voice much softer. "But, Dannae? He controlled our minds. If we had voted to make him our Lord and Master, and he got a majority, would that make it right? If we then voted to never vote again, would that be the new law?"

Dannae looked surprised, but answered quickly. "No...no, I hope it wouldn't...we have not foreseen this kind of thing.  We obviously need to make more changes to protect our ways. I say, no vote shall go against Xiosia's teachings."

"Yes!" Sluuph agreed loudly. "I have to keep telling myself that none of them were Daughters. Their opinions are just opinions. That no matter what happens, I will be Xiosia's priestess still. They cannot take that from me." Sluuph's anxiety grew again at that thought. Her voice rose, a panicked edge to it. "I am not doing Ahriman's work. I am not!"

Dannae interjected, "I know Sluuph... I do," but Sluuph was not listening to her.

"I just want my home back!" she wailed.

Dannae pulled Sluuph's head to her shoulder. "We had to do what we did...no one else was able to. Would it have been better to do nothing and let Ahriman corrupt us all? Of course not!"

A new voice caused both women to look up as Dannae's friend Detiey greeted them. Sluuph tensed in Dannae's arms; she and Detiey had not gotten on well before.

Detiey smiled and said, "Hi!" as Dannae spoke too. "Sluuph is upset." Sluuph wiped her eyes and smiled as best she could.

Detiey frowned, so much like Dannae that Sluuph looked back and forth between them. She sat with them, still just outside the Garden. "Oh? Why is that?"

Dannae began to say "Something Elady and Roled have said to her," as Sluuph took a deep breath and tried to steady her voice. "I tried to ask for advice, and was told I'm doing Ahriman's work, is all."

"Hmmm ... what did you ask?"

Sluuph swallowed and rubbed her nose. "Um. Well, I wanted to talk to him about why so many people claim to be protectors of our guild, but in the end, it was Dannae and I who went through the door to get the fiend out of our house. And what we might do to protect ourselves a little better. I guess just asking that question means I'm no Daughter of Xiosia."

Detiey shocked Sluuph when she shrugged. "People like to say nice things.. but when it comes to getting dirty hands...."

Sluuph blinked at Detiey's words, so much like her own thoughts, and added, "And Elady kept saying that every action must be voted on, even defending ourselves."

The other two spoke together. "Qata seemed to be all right with what we accomplished," observed Dannae and Detiey snapped, "That is not true, according to the oath." They continued speaking over each other. "That's ridiculous." "I mean, aggression is not an option, but defense is!"

Sluuph continued, "And Roled accused me of trying to destroy the guild. He said I am doing Ahriman's work for him."

The two continued to speak together, their statement intertwining. Detiey looked stern as she said "Elady left the guild. It is not her province anymore." "Elady left us in our time of need...that's how I feel." Dannae matched Detiey's expression and Sluuph nodded to them both. "It is not her decision to return, she must start again, like a fresh person." "That would need to be voted on."

Sluuph's expression turned angry, her voice bitter and sarcastic. "But she doesn't need votes, you see. Oh, no! She's a founding member! Xiosia Herself gave her a ring, Roled says!" And as quick as the wave of her anger rose, it broke and crashed down. Sluuph looks suddenly ashamed. "I'm sorry. I do respect her."

But Dannae's next words shocked her. "She gave me a ring as well. And Detiey too."

Sluuph looks from one to the other. "Xiosia did?" she said, and giggled a little wildly as both women simultaneously held out their hands toward her.

Sluuph admired the rings as Detiey continued, "It is only I did not choose to join DOX; it does not mean that i don't believe in Xiosia."

Deeply impressed by the divine gifts, Sluuph said slowly, "Um. So, Detiey, what -- if anything -- would you do? Does the DOX need to get better at defending itself? Or should we rely on outsiders to protect us?"

Dannae grinned. "Detiey would have protected us."

Detiey shrugged. "I think you need to defend... I would defend you all... but it must be subtle, non-aggressive. I mean, it was not necessary to show steel in the garden."

Sluuph nodded, slowly, and remained lost in silent thought, chewing on her lips. Finally, she spoke. "Dannae? You are our High Priestess. If I did wrong, I will make restitution. Tell me what I should do."

Both women shook their heads in unison. Dannae stated, "If you did wrong...then I did worse" and Detiey replied "You did what was necessary."

Sluuph looked at Dannae and shook her head, "You did not bear weapons in the Garden. No, Dannae, I think we should consider this opportunity to show Hydlaa what we intend."

"Sluuph," Detiey looked intensely at her. "There is no need to show anyone anything." Dannae nodded in agreement as Detiey continued, "People like Ahriman are rare. It is not needed to give outward signs of strength."

Sluuph replied with matching energy. "No ... I disagree, Detiey ... I think we have a good opportunity here. Hear me out, please." She grinned "And then all we Daughters will vote, and I will abstain." Sluuph smiled at the only other Daughter of Xiosia present.

Sluuph drew a deep breath, steadying herself. "I could not possibly care less about the laws of Hydlaa, so just forget that part. I am coming to agree with Detiey, that an outward show of strength is not necessary. I think that the axes were a mistake. Done in the heat of battle, with the concurrence of all, but a mistake. I think that you, Dannae, should realize that."

Detiey interrupted Sluuph's speech. "Emotions were high."

Sluuph continued, almost without pause. "Yes. But! I was the one with the axes, and no one else. You need to make it clear that we all know it was a mistake. So--"

Detiey interrupted again, repeating, "Sluuph. Your blood was high. It is excusable." Dannae joined in. "I granted you my agreement."

"I'm not trying to defend myself, Detiey -- on the contrary! I think Dannae should reprimand me." Sluuph smiled at the High Priestess. "Gently, please. And I think you should set me a task of restitution. That will show the city that the DOX recognize the error that we made. We made a mistake -- okay, Dannae, all of us. Emotions, tension, yes, all that. I was the one with the weapons, though."

Detiey looked into the distance and spoke softly. "If indeed there was an error, I would say the DoX brought a service to all women of Hydlaa and beyond."

Sluuph's eyes went wide and she smiled with delight. In that moment, Detiey changed in Sluuph's mind, going from a distant and often cold stranger to one she would call a friend. "Detiey, I think that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me. Thank you!"

Detiey looked her in the eye. "Sluuph, I know more than most about male aggression."

Sluuph bowed her head as she replied, "I know more than I did before."

Dannae returned to the question. "Everyone there saw me agree to the display...it would not be right for me to reprimand. If any recompense is necessary, it should be brought by the law of Hydlaa. For the crime of drawing a weapon in Hydlaa, the sentence will most likely be insignificant. There were many at the ceremony, and I heard none reject your idea, Sluuph. And, Sluuph, you broke no law of DoX."

Sluuph stared at the guild's High Priestess, those last words ringing in her ears. After a long pause, she murmured, "I will turn myself in, if that is what we agree to."

Detiey shook her head. "You acted in defense... it is not a crime."

"No one was being attacked when we were in the Garden."

Detiey smiled as Sluuph argued against her defender, "Sure, but as I told the situation was unique. And no one made a complaint. Even Roled was silent." Detiey took Sluuph's hand as she spoke. "Do not feel guilty. There is no cause for it. I believe this."

Sluuph squeezed Detiey's hand. "But just the hearing will make the point that we now believe we were wrong, won't it? Dannae, I just want to show outsiders like Roled that I'm not trying to destroy the guild. I don't feel guilty, Detiey. I feel misunderstood."

Detiey smiled with compassion. "You know something, Sluuph? More store is taken by someone's actions than their words. Study the oath, and live by it... maybe even take the oath once more. But live to Xiosia's oath. No more than that will be needed."

For the second time that night, Sluuph's jaw dropped in shock, but this time it was the shock of her joy returning. She laughed happily. "I always prefer the big dramatic way --"

Dannae giggled, "Don't I know!"

"-- but I've learned that ways like you suggest are better. I don't like them! But I know they are better."

Detiey smiled and said, "The touch of a gentle finger has more goodness than a fist, and its effects are remembered longer."

Sluuph stared at Detiey with new respect as Dannae reached to gently touch Detiey's face.

Sluuph whispered, "I wish you had chosen the DOX, Detiey." She sighed in contentment. "Got your amethyst, Dannae?"

Detiey said, "I have chosen Xiosia, so in effect I chose DoX. But I don't need to wear the badge, it is in my heart."

Sluuph looked thoughtful for a moment, then shrugged. "Okay, wise women ... should we invite anyone else? Or will you give me the oath with only Detiey to witness? I fear Roled and Elady would try to continue their attacks on me, but I will bow to your wisdom."

Dannae sounded surprised. "You want to renew your oath?"

"Yes. As soon as it can best be done. I need to show something, Dannae. I need to refute Roled's words. They burn me."

Detiey cocked her head. "You do not need to say the words, Sluuph. Only live the oath from this moment."

"I don't think I ever stopped, Detiey, but I want to renew it. I want to say it aloud."

Detiey leaned forward and gently hugged Sluuph as Dannae smiled and whispered to Detiey, "You always know the right thing to say."

Detiey grinned. "I only say what I feel. You know that."

Dannae returned the grin, giggling. "Then, you always feel the right thing."

Sluuph stood. "Let's do this. Right now, just us three, let me say it to you and the Goddess. Will you do that for me?"

The three entered the Garden and stood under the ruqua, Detiey holding Sluuph's hand warmly.

Dannae faced the ruqua tree and raised her amethyst high above her head, then in great sweeping motions ascribed a pattern in the air, then pointed the amethyst to the ground ascribing the same pattern in the grass with a flourish. In a deep tone Dannae shouted, "Air and earth, fauna and flora! As we stand in unison and harmony, we achieve the strength needed to survive. In this same spirit of unison, harmony, and strength, we, the Daughters of Xiosia, stand here before our Goddess's mighty ruqua tree effigy to welcome in Her name, our renewing sister."

Detiey stepped to the side, a happy smile on her face.

Dannae smiled warmly, "Sluuph, do you take this oath of your own free will, with no reservations nor hesitations?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you promise to honor the teachings of the goddess Xiosia, and to live in unity with all Her creations to the highest extent of your ability?"

"Yes."

"Do you promise to protect nature and to defend against those who would abuse and squander those gifts the Goddess has so lovingly bestowed upon us all?"

"Yes."

"Do you promise to respect the lives of all Yliakum and to never attack another citizen except in matters of self defense, to protect the life of an innocent, or to prevent abominations against nature?"

Sluuph drew herself up and proudly shouted, "Yes!"

Detiey felt a tear of happiness fall down her face.

"Do you promise to respect your fellow daughters, to give them support and encouragement when in need, in times of both happiness and crisis?"

Sluuph took a deep breath, blinking back tears. "Yes, I will."

"It is our great honor and privilege to welcome you into our guild, the Daughters of Xiosia." Dannae stepped forward placed a single kiss on Sluuph's forehead. "Welcome, sister, may the Goddess bless your path always."

Sluuph kissed Dannae, whispering, "I like the kissing part."

Detiey sniffed emotionally.

Sluuph said, "Thank you, Dannae. It's a little silly, but it helps me a lot."

Detiey hugged both women, smiling through happy tears.

Dannae smiled to Sluuph, "I don't mind at all, I enjoy doing the ceremony."

Detiey grinned slyly, "Is this the part where the High Priestess gets thrown into the fountain?"

Dannae turned to run, but the others seized her quickly.

A joyous time passed, a time in which Sluuph learned more fully that strangers may be closer friends than they appear, and in which she was able to forget for a moment that those who once appeared to be friends may become enemies.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:24:42 am by Sluuph »

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: LONG FORM player initiated Role Play in the making- Wanna play?
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:16 pm »
Gah! Piles upon piles of roleplay write-up all posted in a few minutes Sluuph. Almost done reading them and I'm impressed at the changing of the guild and how it effects the people within it. Elady quitting the guild is a major loss. As I watch many of the daughters not hesitate to become violent or kill I see a major change in the integrity of "Daughters of Xiosia", which in my mind is what Ahriman wanted. I have a battle of pro's and con's about this whole "LONG FORM player initiated Role Play in the making" ordeal, but as long as it stays in settings I am fine with running into it in game and getting involved.

Just one ounce of criticism about this:

It should say this: [OOC, but very important: The opinions expressed in this story are those of the characters and never those of their players.]

Anyhow, I hope all of you involved find wonders, deep secrets, and much change to develop in your characters, and that you as players have a great time roleplaying them.   ;)

-sig by sarras

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 12:30:02 am »
Those who shade the truth to further their position end up in darkness.

Roled
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Zytorr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 06:44:17 am »
Kra delivers this message from Qata:

Well seeing that some of my words have been entered here, I believe it important to include also a very important thing said and done in the garden during that meeting of Sluugh, Dannae and Qata.

Qata touches a starphire he is holding to the pure water of the garden pool. Qata then chants something, the only discerned word being "Xiosia". The starphire then begins to glow.

Dannae smiles to Qata "my favorite"

Qata says "the flower has magical properties, if one's heart is open to Xiosia."

Dannae mentions "as did the charmflower given to me by Xiosia herself before it turned into a ring"

Qata then says "This one helps rejuvenate feelings of good will and love, ....along with a bit of Blue Way"

Qata then cast spells onto Sluugh and Dannae and an additional one onto Spurr (Qata's loyal rivnick)

Qata then smiles to all

Dannae giggles "Your full of spells tonight"

Qata says "well, I shall be going for now and wish you both much happiness"  " I look forward to our talk Sluugh"

Dannae says "Thank you Qata, It's been a pleasure to get to know you more these last few days"

Sluugh says "Thank you, Qata.  You are a true friend. I will find you soon"

Qata says "I will always be availiable to help the Daughters in any way"  then bows "May Xiosia guide all our paths well"

Dannae bows her head to Qata and Spurr nods.

Qata then mounts Spurr and rides out of the garden.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:05:00 am by Zytorr »

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 11:27:18 am »
This is good stuff.  Glad to see all of this happening in PS now and to be involved.  And thanks to Roled for kicking it off.   :D

I hope eventually Elady and DoX can reconcile.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 11:33:45 am »
Elady has taken off for the wilds to find a heard of Ulbers figuring they will beat her up less than what has been happening in Hydlaa lately  ;)

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:15 pm »

I can attest to not finding any discernible covering up or meaningful alteration to the above scenes which I took part in other than reformatting from original logs.

These recent RP's have made it very clear to me that a sensitive nerve has been touched on many players whether involved IC or not. Much of the RP leading up to, and played out in these events has been highly emotional for some and has the potential still to offer profound and interesting discussion and direction about how DoX is perceived to be, how they actually are, how others want to encourage or resist change, and where we go from here. I have received opinions both IC and OOC. I hope to discourage further OOC discussion. If you have an interest, and want your point of view to matter, or desire to influence the future outcome, please, please, please.... get involved IC and let your voice be known! We are here to change the world... not simply go along for the ride!

Just one ounce of criticism about this:

It should say this: [OOC, but very important: The opinions expressed in this story are those of the characters and never those of their players.]

Let's not pretend that our own views and opinions are never reflected by our characters. I know mine often are and think it would be nearly impossible to be totally disconnected from your character. What RPers need to be careful of here is never to assume anything said or done to them during RP reflects the OOC point of view of another player or you may end up with unnecessarily hurt feelings. Of course, in tense moments, it never hurts to send an OOC tell to another player to avoid confusion or confirm you mean no disrespect, especially if they are inexperienced RPers.

Sluuph

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 12:19:05 pm »
Kra delivers this message from Qata:

Well seeing that some of my words have been entered here, I believe it important to include also a very important thing said and done in the garden during that meeting of Sluugh, Dannae and Qata.

Gemma, please convey my sincere and humble apologies to Sir Qata. I meant no offence when I left out this moment from the accounting -- I was only trying to shorten a over-long post.

I thank you for restoring it, Gemma, and I thank Sir Qata for the rejuvenated feelings of good will and love, which I continue to feel and to treasure. But even more, I thank Qata for his teaching. I realize how wrong I was and will be working to correct the harm I have done.

Eelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 12:34:29 pm »
The whole idea of this was to have fun and draw others more deeply into some new and different RP experiences. There is an abundance of talented RPers that many of us have never had the opportunity to interact with. From those I've talked to, these have been some rich encounters that have expanded their characters. But as with anything that requires the involvement of many different players, each with their own opinions, we have to realize that there will be times when there is some disagreement. So the real test for all of us, as players and characters, is how we choose to come through this. A common theme that I am seeing is that there is sometimes some confusion in differentiating things that are done ICly and those that are OOC. That can be a difficult obstacle to overcome for many, but it's far from impossible.
Personally, I'd like to see DoX come through this much stronger than they went into it, and I think it would be easy. They have faced some trauma and turmoil, but isn't that just the thing that makes us stronger? I know ICly each member of DoX, and I know they each have the character and backbone to turn this into a positive experience in the end, and I'm pulling hard for them because I know they can do it!
Qata says: Eelin, you know not of what you speek

Eelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 12:36:23 pm »
I realize how wrong I was and will be working to correct the harm I have done.

I'm guessing this is spoken ICly?

*edit*

Elady has taken off for the wilds to find a heard of Ulbers figuring they will beat her up less than what has been happening in Hydlaa lately  ;)

I think each of us needs to do what makes us comfortable as players and characters. Sometimes a little break is definately required, I'll be the first to attest to that! That said, I hope your stay in the wilds is short, Elady.

*edit*

And those who leave cryptic and undecipherable messages will be forced to wear a pink foofy dress and paraded around the Plaza!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:43:26 pm by neko kyouran »
Qata says: Eelin, you know not of what you speek

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »
[ Below has been compiled in a story-like form. It is not a direct cut and paste of the logs but the logs were carefully used in its construction. Lots of other RP was going on in the room at the same time so this is meant as the perspective of Ven only.  Should others have a different take on the situation their perspective would be most welcome. - Nova ]

Venorel takes a seat at a corner table of the Hydlaa tavern. She methodically takes two bottles of wine, which she had confiscated from an Oja rogue, from her sack and places them on the table. Craving a drink she tries to control the urge until her friend arrives.

Leicace Malacar comes swiftly into the tavern, spots Venorel, and joins her at her table. They greet each other.

Leicace says, "I got ya a flint and steel so you can make your own campfires on your long journeys to Oja."

As Leicace passes her the gift Venorel passes back a new shortsword.

"Oh thanks!", says Leicace.

Venorel looks down at the bottles on the tables, "I brought something that will remind you of my Father's house"

Looking over the shortsword Leicace says, "Oh lovely", then looking at the bottles she adds, "Fabulous, it looks delicious"

Venorel takes a swig from the bottle on the table.

Leicace sips the red liquid then adds, "Mmm tasty."

Venorel smiles to Leicace saying, "Not bad eh?"

Leicace replies, "Not bad at all!"

Leicace and Venerel talk of camping, weapon repair and cooking ideas that they have as the tavern begins to fill. Many of the Daughters and other friends are beginning to filter in; most coming from the DoX guild after the killing of Ahriman by the High Priestess Dannae. Talk turns to the DoX and Venorel asks, "Have they had your vote yet Leicace?"

Leicace Replies,"Yes I was inducted last night" and points to her Xiosia pendant.

Venorel lifts her wine bottle saying, "Congratulations Daughter!"

Leicace says, "Thanks! Cheers"

Venorel takes a long swig from the bottle.

Venorel leans forward and asks, "And what of Akriman?"

Leicace says quietly, "He met an unfortunate end at the point of Dannae's sword."

Chessire turns around hearing what Leicace said

Venorel snorts, "Then it is not over!"

Chessire asks, "Oh, is that true?"

Leicace nods.

Venorel smiles to Chessire

Chessire asks, "So Ahriman was killed... by Dannae?"

Leicace continues, "It was somewhat unintentional, she meant not to kill him, only eject him from the building. But the wound was fatal."

Lollo has started to listen to this story of Dannae

Venorel nods. "I witnessed that yet my question was what of Akriman? The Realm does not hold him"

Chessire says, "Oh... i hope she doesn't take it too bad... Dannae could be like that for killing someone..."

Leicace nods saying, "Yes she was understandably upset about the whole ordeal. But it was for the best in the end."

Venorel mutters, "As was I in my own way" as she unconsciously fondles the hilt o her sabre, then looking to Leicace stonily she adds, "If you think that is the end you are mistaken sister."

Leicace nods saying, "Yes I fear that even if Ahriman himself does not return, he has similarly rotten friends who will."

Venorel says: "He must be sent to the realm dismembered. Both arms and legs in the least"

Chessire says, "Its a good start though... Sluuph was cured by Qata and the other girls.... Ven... that's not a nice thing to say..."

Venorel agrees with Chessire as she takes another swig of her bottle.

Leicace nods.

Venorel looks at Chessire saying, "I have no oath"

Chessire replies, "True death is not something to be taken lightly..."

Leicace says, "Oath nonwithstanding, I am inclinded to agree with you Ven"

Leicace curses under her breath, "Mereth en draugrim..." and takes a sip of wine.

Chessire says, "I have no oath to Xioshia either... but causing endless suffering to someone is worse than killling him."

Venorel looks to Chessire with cloudy eyes of the wine and replies, "That is the idea. No womun will be safe with he with legs"

Leicace says, "There must be another way to ensure he is safely contained"

Venorel drains her bottle.

Leicace says, "Though it has not made itself clear as of yet."

Chessire says, "Unless he gets jailed for a good while... actually i wonder if sluuph would know of a way to find evidence... like some apples for example."

Venorel looks with far away eyes at Chessire, "Perhaps my common is not good?"

Venorel smirks

Venorel lets out a hollow laugh, "The guards! The jail! Please Chess hold thy humor!"

Chessire frowns

Leicace mutters "Yes the guards HAVE proved pretty useless thus far... though perhaps Chessire has a point, if we could just find sufficient evidence..."

Chessire says, "Its not like i am fond of the guards or the politicians Venorel... i have just learned villains as him just feed from anything you do to hurt them..."

Venorel rummages in her torso armour and produces another bottle of wine and opens the bottle's cap saying, "This is a dominating man of womun kind.. what does the Oligarchy care for that?

Chessire says, "I had to do mistakes to learn that... you think cutting off his legs would solve everything? In two months you would probably see him again with his legs reattached by some dark mage or something even worse... and of course willing to cause a far worse mess."

Venorel snorts and takes a drink then cackles and says, "His head then, or perhaps his manhood instead!"

Chessire says, "Perhaps that wouldn't be the case especially for Ahriman... but you can't know."

Venorel mutters, "Oligarchy..." while she unconsciously turns the bottle on the table deep in thought.

The table chatter then turns to more uplifting things. Hunts gone good and bad, lessons and new teachers and other tales that one would find while in a tavern setting until Venorel hears a voice that makes her blood run cold....

Bending over the bar and after scanning the room, he speaks softly to Allelia, "Just a couple for the road tonight."

Leicace seeings Venorel's glare run cold turns and seeing Ahriman at the bar steps quickly from her chair.

Chessire says, "Oho.."

Venoral stands up sending her chair crashing agains the wall and pushes through the crowded room towards Ahriman;  stopping to his left and glaring at him.

Chessire places her hand on Venorel's shoulder. Venorel pushes Ahriman hard against his left shoulder. Chessire dropped a Red Liquor Mug.

Ahriman is jolted back before he can grab his beer "Hey! What's your problem?"

Venorel says to Ahriman, "You have a nerve to show your face in here!"

Venorel places her hands upon the hilts of her sabres.... ready.

Ahriman wipes a little spilled beer from his pants and shaking his head says, "And these were just washed."

Venorel says, "We can see how long the Death Realm holds a swine as you."

Chessire says, "Ven... we don't want him killed a second time for no reason..."

Ahriman chuckles and reaches back for his beers.

Venorel speaks to those behind her, "I have my reaons"

Ahriman says, "Dakkru and I have a pact. She never holds me long."

Leicace says, "I thought you hated her?"

Chessire grins,  "Oh really..."

Leicace says, "...along with Xiosia."

Ahriman says, "What little you all understand."

Venorel says: "I have no oath but this you swine..... when next we meet outside the city walls I have more in store than the realm for the likes of you"

Chessire approaches Ahriman and looks at him in the eye saying, "They say you have some good apples... may i have one?"

Ahriman chuckles "Our quarrels are done. But be it as you may hold your grudge, I look forward to our next meeting"

Venorel says: "As do I!"

Ahriman sips slowly from the mug, watching the crowd over the top.

Venorel turns and leaves.

Ahriman says, "Apples? Sorry, fresh out."

[ Edit - Added links to Ahriman's final story.]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:17:44 am by novacadian »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 10:33:19 pm »

And those who leave cryptic and undecipherable messages will be forced to wear a pink foofy dress and paraded around the Plaza!

Roled looks up from his silent meditation and thinks"I like pink..."
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 10:55:30 am »
Unsettling News

Emmara lounged in the soft beige upholstered chair in the House Cheshire guildhouse; Atagal was nearby as always. A book was balanced upright on Emmara's stomach and steadied by her paw. Her head rested against the arm of the chair and the leather clad leg swung lazily over the side. In the back of her mind she had to admit that it was nice to be back in the comforts of the guildhouse. As much as she loved being with nature, it was also nice to sleep again in the custom made bed in her and Atagal's quarters. She smiled subconsciously as she shifted into a more comfortable position in the double sized chair: yep, she had missed this chair, too.
   She looked up as she heard a noise above her. Barike Cheshire had come to the rail of the balcony that overlooked the common room. With his usual flourish and love for acrobatics he nimbly vaulted the railing with one paw and landed on the common room floor.  Since she was still passing judgement on him, she was not overly impressed or humored with his playful acrobatic nature. What did catch her attention was the somber expression in his eyes.
   Barike smiles slightly before turning serious "You two are quite good friends with Elady right?"
   Emmara lays her book in her lap, "Yes."
   Barike passes a paw over his face massaging slightly and he closes his eyes, “I think you two need to check on her then... And I would also really appreciate your finding out her side of the story with what happened to DoX.â€
   Emmara sits forward with a look of concern, "Her side of what story?"
   Barike shakes his head "There seems to be dissension amoung the Daughters of Xiosa... I really need to find out the other side of the story, all I know is what Sluuph told me."
   Emmara says: What did Sluuph say?
   Barike says: Her story was a bit disjointed, and I couldn't understand half of it. But the deal with this Ahrimann, and the DoX being.... pleasured... Is getting out of hand...
   Emmara looks alarmed, "Pleasured...."
   Emmara looks over at Atagal as she sits in the other half of the chair next to Emmara.
   Atagal shrugs, and Emmara returns her attention to Barike once she sees that Atagal is not upset about the topic.
   Barike nods "They also have this... Ahrimann... Which happens to be quite the male... Living openly within DoX's house. from what I have heard."
   Emmara says: Elady approved that?
   Barike chuckles low in his throat "I consider Elady a bit of a friend... But I can not personally visit her as that would raise Sluuph's suspicion and she probably wouldn't talk to me anymore... It was my understanding Elady was run out... And I have not seen or smelled her in any of the towns of late."
   Emmara's jaw tightens at the sound of Barike's report. Her thoughts try to wrap around the short synopsis. What could have happened that was so bad for Elady to leave the guild she loves and had fostered ever since she had met the Ylian? We have to find her and make sure she is ok, regardless of politics and Barike's order. I hope bad luck has not fallen on her while in the wilds alone.
   Barike nods sadly yet firmly at Emmara's expression "I have yet to hear if you've made your decision Emmara... But I would ask that you find out what is going on as much as possible and report back."
   Atagal glances at Emmara. She wonders silently, What decision?
   Emmara nods slowly, "Atagal and I owe Elady a lot, she was very helpful with the plan for Jacula, even if he never showed for the trap. She also has helped Ata find some information about her past. Elady has always been honorable. -If- she was run out of the guild, then something is very wrong. Ata and I will leave in a few hours.â€

Emmara closes the book. As she stands she lays it on the end table next to the chair. Her thoughts begin to settle a little as she walks down the stone hallway to their quarters. Something is horribly wrong. Barike is right about one thing: We need to hear both sides of the story if we're going to help the Daughters. The fenkis disappear into their bedroom to ready their gear. Less than an hour later the only sign of them leaving the guildhouse is the sound of the front door opening and closing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:52:47 pm by EStripus »
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.