Author Topic: The Hidden Society  (Read 3861 times)

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 11:38:04 am »
Originally posted by _Atticus
You have never put the time in to creating an organization or guild and plus you\'re the worst type of member next to a hacker, a traitor. RP or not you will be know for this for a while.
dum de dum:
Defenders, Templars of Steel, Forest Guardians. A lot of work put in Legendary Warriors and Dark Empire.
nice job on doing some research ;)

- Swords
AKA Skald

_Atticus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2005, 11:44:14 am »
Eh, oh well, I still haven\'t seen it lol. Second part is a doozy though...

I try.

Lord of the House of Construction - Ordo Illuminatis

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2005, 11:56:10 am »
I was told there would be free food and drinks if I joined :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I doubt that any of you have a problem with the organization itself, you have a problem with Annah. If I remember correctly, Seperot and a few others formed an \"organization\" called The Great Gods quite some time ago, is there any difference between our organization and yours, except for the fact that we do not charge money in order to help the community?
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2005, 12:23:16 pm »
the difference is dorb created it and i dident pay any attention to it.

anyways me and annah have come to an aggreement that suits me. i withdraw any further argument about annah here on in.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2005, 02:46:06 pm »
See, Draklar brings the good arguments.

Originally posted by Draklar
Yes, I rant - because I\'m sick of the comments that people flame this organization because of Annah. It\'s really easy to make such comments especially when organization itself sucks, isn\'t it?

Just to make one point clear - I was just talking to seperot and mogura in my statement about Annah.  I didn\'t think about making sure I said that, I only thought to make sure that I did not say everyone and instead put \"these people\" which is not very clear.  My bad. :baby:

As for the rest of your statements, I will unfortunately have to agree the set up (not the initial idea, understand) is pretty bad.  I think Annah talked to me about it like a year ago and I never heard anything after that.  Though I also said I would not be able to be really involved with it due to the number of projects I\'ve started...so, I always figured I wouldn\'t know that much about it.

Though, I think failed set ups (or abandoned ones) shouldn\'t be listed as achievements. ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 02:47:08 pm by Kiern »

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Heya
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2005, 03:21:02 pm »
* EDITED *
 Sorry, I\'ve posted from mistake.
 Anyway, if I already did I\'ll say some things.

First of all, yep, me and sep got a deal, so I think everything should be fine now  :]

As for the Society, I know it\'s not the best organized and stuff. But the truth is that we kinda didn\'t stay too much to do it as well. Everyone busy with real life and stuff.
 But, no one says we can\'t do it now or in the near/distant future  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 03:24:31 pm by Annah »
- Black Order -

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2005, 06:30:19 pm »
Why does this debate go on.  This society wants to be an organization of friends who hang out, role-play, and share some information.  Thats fine, let us leave them alone and bury the hachet of ancient misfortune.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2005, 09:57:45 pm »
Originally posted by Kiern
Just to make one point clear - I was just talking to seperot and mogura in my statement about Annah.  I didn\'t think about making sure I said that, I only thought to make sure that I did not say everyone and instead put \"these people\" which is not very clear.  My bad. :baby:
Well I can\'t speak for Mogs and Sep (altho\' you\'re obviously right about Sep :P) so ok, you  have a point there then and I must agree :P

- Swords
AKA Skald

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2005, 09:23:43 am »
Well, I have to be totally honest about this in that I didn\'t even realise (or had totally forgotten!) this even existed. I do vaguely remember now Annah proposing something ages ago in MB and I must\'ve said yes I guess, seems like a long time ago ;) *curses her feeble memory* (must be an age thing)

Anyway to cut a long story short, yes it looks like I am a member, but have had no dealings, or have actually heard anything from this organisation since I joined (hardly surprising during the final dark days of MB). But I\'m sure with the renewed activity of CB this will change and if it\'s a group of people out to make good things happen in the world of PS, preserve some of the great things we had, and to stop CB becoming a powerlevellers paradise, then I\'m all for it and would happily contribute!

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2005, 10:16:23 am »
Originally posted by Kada-El and to stop CB becoming a powerlevellers paradise

Too late :rolleyes:

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2005, 10:46:13 pm »
Originally posted by Draklar
Originally posted by Princess Aelya
If you want to bash Annah for something or generaly toss insults at him then thats what PM\'ing is for.
That usually works when someone doesn\'t have his inbox filled already...
And quit it with the \"if you want to flame Annah\". No one\'s doing it. Use the search option in your browser and see who uses his name the most.

I\'m sorry if you took that personally. It was directed at the general public not you in particular. I was just trying to get people to understand what the group was all about.

But I think I will stay out of this thread for awile. I am done trying to clarify and wont make an argument out of it.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2005, 01:49:43 pm »

Originally posted by Kada-El: and to stop CB becoming a powerlevellers paradise

Xordan: Too late

Any suggestions?  Obviously there\'s some bugs and balance issues, but if there\'s anything to encourage RP over powerlevelling, I know *I\'m* at least all ears.  Communities of tightly knit RPers are often very effective, especially if they can agree on what constitutes being \"In Character\" as opposed to \"Out of Character\".

Perhaps out-of-game organizations such as this one might best remain informal networks of people who meet and discuss RP issues in the game and all take a solemn oath of Roleplayingness and Freemasonry.

Err.. forget that last part.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2005, 04:56:05 pm »
Perhaps out-of-game organizations such as this one

I don\'t think we\'re fully OOC... I mean, I\'m not swearing any oath to the people behind the characters :P. Trying to motivate RP is one of the things we do, not everything.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Owl

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2005, 06:43:29 pm »
Originally posted by Annah
EXSEQUOR
THE HIDDEN SOCIETY

It has no connections with other guilds, so its members can be in any of them.

What?!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 06:43:49 pm by Owl »
\"I save princesses, what do you do?!\"

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2005, 03:10:52 am »
Even if you are in this... thing, you can join other organizations... scratch \"other\" :P

- Swords
AKA Skald