Author Topic: How to make money?  (Read 6286 times)

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 09:33:20 am »
Originally posted by Burntleaf Going back to the second post, Karitina mentions looting the hides and eyes of rats. I can easily kill rats but how do i loot them?

Double-click or right-click on their corpses.  When you double-click, the \"Loot\" menu automatically comes up and you can select the items you wish to loot.  Right-clicking will bring up the option menu and select \"Loot.\"

Rat only give about 7 trias per kill, but it\'s better than nothing.

Gobbles occasionally carry 1-3 trias, and they\'re just as easy to kill.

Remember, though!  You\'re testing the game for bugs, not playing a full-fledged release!
I hope this didn\'t give out too much information.

~Indi

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 12:08:19 pm »
Very wise.. I also assume a wipe before the real release.. or mayb around beta.

Well in good time, anyway a good tip.. log on at night, best time.. just go to a good spawn for literally 15 minutes to urself.. that should be enough time to get you a pickaxe and at least be able to mine. Worth A Shot :P
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.   :P  Xantherus Icer  :P

rosmerelmer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 01:13:41 pm »
yeah, i can make enough money for a pick easely.
problem is i cant buy it from hernquist cause HE IS BUGGED; and that really irritates me.

if you have really cool photoshop tutorials don\'t be afraid to pm me!

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 01:15:02 pm »
There is a bug right now that you wont get money for selling to the NPC\'s but you should be able to buy anything from them.. If not then mayb both features are bugged. Just wait it out.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.   :P  Xantherus Icer  :P

Burntleaf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 01:21:23 pm »
Just pointing out there are other threads to talk about bugs so lets keep on subject.
Charly said always tell your mummy before you\'re going somewhere- Charly- The Prodigy

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 07:10:33 pm »
It was just a comment to make sure people knew :P
Also, good idea is to go get Progression Points (PP\'s) from rogues. If im correct, its about 3 every kill but usually no drop? Anyway its time well spent.

Ecolem

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 07:16:20 am »
I am getting tired of seeing these kinds of threads...i just hope that a Dev can write something like \'This in NOT a game, its a Alpha and we are slowly progressing towards a full GAME. You are a TESTER of this Alpha, but the testing period will discontinue once all skills, items ect. are in place.\' (If i am not 100% correct in what i said, please dont \'attack\' me ;), just suggest a better response)

I can tell you that heaps of people are saying in game ?this is a c*** game, I mean killing rats just suck.?

I think were losing people for ever because this is not mentioned enough and some newbs just download PS with out even looking what this is at the moment.

PLEASE Devs!! Anything like that will do :P

Burntleaf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 08:42:34 am »
No offence mondo but you are a bit of a killjoy. The game is also being tested out for gameplay and so if everyone ran around trying to find something that would crash their comp it would beee a bit pointless.
 Ps i like ur fag sig its relly effctiv
Charly said always tell your mummy before you\'re going somewhere- Charly- The Prodigy

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 08:51:56 am »
Originally posted by Burntleaf
 Ps i like ur fag sig its relly effctiv

Which for the young Americans is not an insult...fag means cigarette in this case as Burntleaf is from the UK.

Just so there\'s no misunderstanding...hehehe. It\'s a cool signature I agree.

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 01:04:24 pm »
What a headache, as a matter of fact some people actually download games and read about them before just jumping and saying, FREE GAME! But I know of lots of people, young and old, who look at the screenshots and are like, wow i want this so they just dl it and powerlevel which is stupid since thats not even the point of this game. Plus its in alpha stage so there should be a way of pointing this out to newer players.. (Signals a headache).

Ecolem

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 02:38:05 am »
No offence mondo but you are a bit of a killjoy....

I know but i want all newbs to understand that when the wipe comes, you shouldnt get all anoyed cause you put so much time and effort for \'nothing\'(witch is bs cause it gives you a slight head start;) ).

...Ps i like ur fag sig its relly effctiv

hehe i was ALMOST offended Burntleaf when you said \'fag\'. In our school \'fag\' or \'faggot\' is another word for gay.

But thanks to provisionist1 for clearing that up for me :D

PS.Dont smoke!! :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:40:04 am by Ecolem »

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 10:37:33 am »
Actually, the wipe will be much better for anyone. Such there might be some discomfort because people tryed so hard on their characters but mostly, now the bugs will be gone when they do it and everything will be fair.

vortax

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 12:26:20 am »
last time when i looted a rat, it said \"theres nothing for me to loot\"
Wth is this?

Externals

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 12:48:37 am »
Well, if it was already looted, or if you looted and try relooting it, it should give you that message. If not, then its a bug and it should be reported.

Lyrah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 07:23:04 pm »
Right now, I have tested EVERY NPC I could find. The manual says to say \"give me a quest\" to get one. The responces were NEVER to actually give a quest, from what I understand, the NPC\'s are either understanding MISspellings OR all quests are simply BROKEN.

SO as things stand...at the moment...killing rats and running around exploring are the ONLY things to do. And there just are NOT enough easily located rats to go around (three spawns that I could find in four hours searching...and repeated deaths due to falling into water for more than 15 players at one point. Three or four on each spawn and three or four players wandering around looking for another rat spawn location.)

And right now you need enough PP and cash to train mining to FULL first level theoretical knoweldge or you can\'t even START to mine...which as I understand it is the BEST way to gain cash.

So YES, the brand new player has a world of hurt on them. A community that is ANTI newbie, or at least HARSH on us, unaware of our situation, and not enough mobs that new players can kill and little other way if ANY that they can gain cash OR level skills.