Author Topic: [GUILD] The Dragon Council  (Read 31511 times)

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
Re: [GUILD] The Dragon Council
« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2006, 02:44:50 pm »
You don't need to.. It's up to you. Let's rather say that when you are a Dragon Sibling, or a Dragon Spirit, no one is going to push you to chose your Clan or your House. We're here to give you advices. If you're looking for more informations, just ask directly on our forums since you registered there.
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

kingmanic12

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Council Home Page
« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2006, 04:50:11 pm »
Ok...I have put in my Application! It is under kingmanic12 username in the application fourums.
LET THEM COME! THE MONGRELS THAT TRY TO KILL WILL BE KILLED SO I SHALL SWIPE THEM DOWN WILL ALL MY MIGHT!  ALL MY LIFE SHALL GO TO KILLING THE TRAITORS OF THE RELM AND KING EELIAM! THE RAT CALLED PARAGOR SHALL DIE! FOR I'M THE KNIGHT OF THE DAWN AND OF THE RELM! I SHALL DIE FOR KING EELIAM! FOREVER!

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:50 am »
Welcome to our guild my friend  ;)
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2006, 05:25:41 am »
Its amazing how the guild is growing, there has been at least 3 applications since I applied.

Yay for Dragon Council!  \o/

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2006, 05:52:57 pm »
A good guild shall atract people ;)

Phinehas

« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2006, 06:37:37 pm »
A good guild shall atract people ;)
Not necessarily.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2006, 09:14:00 pm »
Depends on what you think a good guild should be. In my opinion a guild can not be a good guild if there are no people that want to join it.

Phinehas

« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2006, 10:04:47 pm »
Not necessarily true. Just because a guild is good, doesn't mean people flock to it. Take Ashes for example. There are/were a lot of awesome guilds out there that never got more than ten active players at once.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2006, 08:45:52 am »
The Dark Empire has plenty of quality: We have a nice strutuce, a great background with the setting, good resources and fine members. However we do not attract many people. Mainly because most new players wish to be berserkers, zealots or rich and the Empire requires patience, ambition and cunning.

The Ashes was also a good example, like Phinehas said. It didn't attracted much people, but it was one of the most splendid guilds I have seen. It had an original structure and a brilliant content.

Still getting many applications is a great sign. Means some people are interested and that the guild is growing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 08:50:56 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »
First of please do read my post.

Phinehas I said it was my opinion and so it obviously is true that that is my opinion. You might disagree with it but it is true that it is my opinion.

Also I didn't say the best guild should get the most applicants. I said if you can't convince some people to join it can't be a good guild

What a good guild is is all matter of opinion. In my opinion a guild that dies out because it couldn't get members may have several very good points, but obviously it has one big flaw that makes it impossible to call it good. It apparently didn't work the way it was made and I think everyone agrees that one of the requirements of a guild is that it does work.

Obviously it is only one part of several things that need to be good to be qualified as a good guild as a guild can also be placed on my bad guilds list even if it has more members then anyone else, but in the end without new members a guild might work for a while but is doomed to be blown away. A good guild in my opinion again is among other things a guild that lasts to see members leave and others to fill the holes and surpass those that left.

Isn't the DE an example of this? Isn't part of what makes it great the proof that the guild can survive?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 08:23:14 pm by Pestilence »

Nurahk

« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2006, 10:57:15 am »
A good guild attracts good players aswell.

And it all depends on your definition of good.

I think evil guilds attract players aswell...

I believe an interesting guild attracts players, and being interesting is a large part of being good.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2006, 11:20:41 am »
Yup. And if you get members it means you're interesting. Or it means you mass recruit, but I think this is not currently something the Dragon Council does.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 17, 2006, 12:23:15 pm »
I think evil guilds attract players aswell...

Funny ;)

hmm well if one massrecruits aparently you have something interesting aswell. Just some discusion on if people should join for those reasons ;)

kingmanic12

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Council Home Page
« Reply #343 on: October 28, 2006, 05:09:05 pm »
Not necessarily true. Just because a guild is good, doesn't mean people flock to it. Take Ashes for example. There are/were a lot of awesome guilds out there that never got more than ten active players at once.

Ya I know! :! :D...I came to this guild well like I said in my application...I was interested in something with dragons and also saw council and since there werent many guilds about dragons around I picked this one :! :D ;D

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:14:47 pm by Karyuu »
LET THEM COME! THE MONGRELS THAT TRY TO KILL WILL BE KILLED SO I SHALL SWIPE THEM DOWN WILL ALL MY MIGHT!  ALL MY LIFE SHALL GO TO KILLING THE TRAITORS OF THE RELM AND KING EELIAM! THE RAT CALLED PARAGOR SHALL DIE! FOR I'M THE KNIGHT OF THE DAWN AND OF THE RELM! I SHALL DIE FOR KING EELIAM! FOREVER!

Phinehas

« Reply #344 on: October 28, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »
Grrr... There aren't any dragons in PS! They don't exist! No one's ever heard of them! Argh!