Author Topic: Weapons of the Ways  (Read 897 times)

wetanaf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 08:08:15 am »
how do i say this corectly   uhm let me think  uhm .
Wel mate its a realy realy good idea but if that would happen then the server would be slower cuz of all the affects the sword would make like the magick afect and the mana showing and all its just hard to make my friend but altough a realy good idea.

Defs keep up the good work

Aravi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 09:01:37 pm »
I\'d say glyph + appropriate alchemical components + sword specially crafted = magical sword.

The quality of this sword would depend on the skill of the craftsmen creating the components and the quality of the components found.

Lower/higher quality items might be used as substitutes in these recipes (eg. Garnet in place of Ruby, Eye of Lizard in place of Eye of Dragon) with significantly diminished effects.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 04:57:55 pm »
Originally posted by Ashamn
Not a bad idea, in fact i like it a lot  :)

But there is a little problem, to players use those weapons they should be all mage warriors.. I know most of the players have weapons and glyphs but on the future maybe such thing wont happen.. Who knows? In any case its a good idea ;)

Give magic weapons a minimum will/int/charisma requirement.  Problem solved!
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

keder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 06:33:21 pm »
Originally posted by zanzibar
Originally posted by Ashamn
Not a bad idea, in fact i like it a lot  :)

But there is a little problem, to players use those weapons they should be all mage warriors.. I know most of the players have weapons and glyphs but on the future maybe such thing wont happen.. Who knows? In any case its a good idea ;)

Give magic weapons a minimum will/int/charisma requirement.  Problem solved!

if you wish to discourage magewarriors with uber-magical weapons, the glyphed weapons power is diminished by the magical aura of the wielder. ie, to an ubermage, the glyphed weapon is equal to or even weaker than an equivalent non-glyphed weapon, but to a pure warrior, the full strength is available.

something like this would prevent a super mage from picking up a glyphed weapon and instantly becoming a super warrior too.

--- keder maloy

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 08:46:44 pm »
I doubt a very powerful mage would be anthing more than an average or very good warrior with such a blade.  Even if such a blade did give that mage such power, he or she would no doubt have earned it.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.