Author Topic: [RP] The Killer of the Sewers  (Read 6069 times)

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] The Killer of the Sewers
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2006, 08:52:58 pm »
Yes, but she did it in plain view of an entire room full of witnesses, there was no way she was going to be found innocent. This isn't modern times.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2006, 09:03:00 pm »
Ah, so with no trial you mean immediate execution? Thought she would be find innocent because you said there would not be a trial.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2006, 09:17:39 pm »
Basically, except she wasn't executed. Sreamah just told her that she had to find Daehaz and bring him back, and that the blood would be on her hands if he killed again.

Narure

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2006, 07:27:27 am »
I was annoyed at Unar because i had my own twist to add to the procedings. And it was so much better than that very annoying anticlimax. Ahwell maybe next time.

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2006, 08:19:49 am »
Somehow I get the feeling that once Daehaz is found they are going to finish his trial. You'll get a chance to do your thing then maybe.

sreamah

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Scions of Wyldewood
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2006, 08:44:35 am »
No, I didn't see a rason to try Unar. She is guilty, but a death sentence is pointless in this world. [[I think] Talad and Laanx made the soul catcher we call the DR to keep us here as long as we want, the only way a "Death Sentence" will work is if, say i sentence Unar to death, and we execute her, she will have to delete her character for it to mean anything, and im not sure she will want to do this just yet.] Now, the sentence i put against Unar last night [I was very tired after that long bit of reading] was to find and return Daehaz to the court for the final sentence, [again cannot be death unless he really deletes his char as well] I am trying to think of a good one for him. If he is returned to us, I believe i will need a strong mage or two.

[Unar didnt really have to free him like that, he could have and would have been subdued by thoes with restraint]

***Sreamah wonders if she should have sent a shaperone with Unar, and what Unar's REAL motive was for that act. Was it really to protect Gwinn, who was only captured from behind, or was there more to it than that.***
"To Certain Death"

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2006, 08:58:49 am »
You know, I might have jinxed the trial. I said that I hope he breaks out so I can chase after him again and this time actually help catch him rather than fall off a cliff. Now, he basically has been broken out by Unar, but I can't help catch him because that would be interfering with Unar's punishment. I'd get in trouble for that! At least I'll still be able to be on the jury.

From now on when trials are done, I suggest that the defendants be given bodyguards, who would group up with them, so whenever anyone tried to attack the defendant the guards could stop it.

Lomerandin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2006, 10:56:37 am »
Well what an event! This was a first in Hydlaa and people gathered in Laanx Temple to see it happen. The trial lasted quite some time, as these things usually do. But all participants remained concentrated on their task to the very end.

There were a few interruptions, but all were handled magnificently by Judge Shreamah. In the end, the prosecution failed to establish the guilt of the defendant for those charges, but did establish that Daehaz had kidnapped Gwinn Frawd. No decision was taken, for Daehaz lost control and launched himself on poor Lady Gwinn. Unar intervened and sent him to better world. The furious jury stormed out of the temple, whilst plans were drawn to recapture the Klyros... Let all inhabitants of Hydlaa beware!

[For those of you who couldn't make it, here's a brief overview of the proceedings, in the form of a few screenshots . Now you know why I kept running around for 4 hours  ;) ]

[And congratz to all, jurors, prosecution, judge, witnesses, etc. You did a brilliant job and led a memorable RP event!]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:06:31 pm by Lomerandin »
Currently playing as Lornindol the Wayfarer and Wildan Alozza

For you French speakers  : Chroniques des Jours Anciens - Naturalistes, pas naturistes

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 10:57:46 am »
Please go to this thread to post your comments on the procedure for future trials. I think the jury can still come to a veredict without having to go through another trial. And, if Daehaz is found guilty, the sentence could take place as soon as he's caught (again). And although it's Unar's responsibility now to catch him, I still think any volunteers can help out... after all, the sooner we catch him the better. ;D

EDIT: Lomerandin, thanks so much for the screenies. \\o// Great work!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:02:03 am by zhai »
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 11:11:11 am »
I just thought of an idea. I posted it but now I don't want it to be posted so people don't find out about it in case I actually get to do it. It was clever, but it would seem a lot more clever if it were a surprise.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:12:49 am by Siteri Kidachi »

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 03:13:12 pm »
[everyone... i'm sorry i couldn't be there... i'm really sorry and hope the event went well and you all had a great time :)]

* Peacer walks in the hils wondering how the klyros killer looks like
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2006, 05:33:49 pm »
[ooc] i never taunterd you about you dieing in the hunt you asked me if you could come back and i said as far as im concerned your dead. we did say at the start you die your out end of storie but you have to understand in rl if someething like that was to happen youd be dead and out of the hunt anyway i never once made a foul of your a mock you. If i had died like you then i would have also been out it wasnt our fault you couldnt get somewere or you never knew of something that resulted in your death we toild you everything you needed to know at the start.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 05:36:14 pm »
I wasn't talking about during the hunt. I was talking about before the trial, you kept saying it was my fault I died, and all these other things that made me feel bad about dying. I kept telling you that you were not being nice. I admit I shouldn't have said that Daehaz caused me to die, that was just stupid, but you didn't have to make me feel dumb by saying "oh, there's another way to get to the crater besides the bridge", making me think I died for nothing.

(But it did end up making no difference anyway because I didn't get back in time to do anything important. If I had gotten back I would have helped whether you liked it or not.

Also we're now going to have to hunt for him again, so hopefully I will be able to get involved then.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:41:26 pm by Siteri Kidachi »

Unar Cho-Sen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2006, 06:36:11 pm »
Well what an event! This was a first in Hydlaa and people gathered in Laanx Temple to see it happen. The trial lasted quite some time, as these things usually do. But all participants remained concentrated on their task to the very end.

There were a few interruptions, but all were handled magnificently by Judge Shreamah. In the end, the prosecution failed to establish the guilt of the defendant
The prosecution didn't necessarily fail to establish the guilt of the defendant. The jury didn't have a chance to convene. Also it was actually the second very good official trial in Hydlaa, the first court being held in the secret garden to charge Kaapio with murder and theft. It actually ended in a similar way, with Kaapio attacking the client and being subdued. However, in that case, the sentence had already been passed, and he had to pay fines when he got out of the DR. So, definitly a good idea to disarm and post clear guards with defendants from now on. Our city is learning.
:beta:
Note: I have posted in here about how Execution can be a valid sentence. There are ways to make death count.

I apologise to those who were vexed by our little twist at the end. I remind you not everything goes to plan in a hostile place like Yliakum, and to hold onto plans lightly in unpredictable situations. No OOC disrespect or arrogance was intended. Thank you all for your patience.

Yes, Sreamah had no need to establish from a trial what Unar had done. She saw it for herself before an entire court. We will have to say she judged my motives and passed fair sentence. In fact, Unar did not hold the court in contempt nor have murderous intent. She had great respect for those gathered. She read the intent to kill in Daehaz, and she cares greatly for Gwinn. She also foolishly assumed his bloodlust and assault would be enough to prove guilt to any jurer. She also had no concept of a powerful being who could merely escape when beheaded, and wasn't about to risk assuming there would be guards on top of him.

So, she was charged with irresponsibly allowing a convict to escape, and is setenced to retrieve him. So far she has been given a Laanx amulet to help subdue him, and learned the poweful crystal way barrier spell to trap him. Help recapturing him wont go amiss, particularly from Gwinn, who has the Laanx sword.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 07:01:20 pm by Unar Cho-Sen »
-
"I am not afraid."

daehaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 08:18:08 pm »
Daehaz wakes up in the underworld. He smiles. He hates the death realm but he's glad to be there. He knows how to get back to the living and this time he won't get caught... "Thank you, Unar, you've done me a big favor". He runs through the corridors of the citadel hiding in the shadows and careful not to be seen. The exit to the living world is ahead. He stops for a second before entering the portal as a new plan takes form and draws as smile across his face... :devil: